PDA

View Full Version : Opinions needed.

Laura's Babies
12-27-2006, 01:19 PM
My friend Mike wants to know rather he should keep the beard or not. He asks everybody and keeps getting mixed answers. he is finding those under 35 say get rid of it. Those over 35 say keep it. I told him I would ask the experts on PT..

Without
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM1025.jpg

With
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/XmasEve2006014.jpg

wolflady
12-27-2006, 01:21 PM
I think he actually looks younger without it. :)

krazyaboutkatz
12-27-2006, 01:23 PM
Well I'm over 35 but I think he looks better and younger without it.:)

My brother has also tried the goatee/beard look and I don't think that he looks good with this either. It also makes him look older because it's all gray.;)

Edwina's Secretary
12-27-2006, 01:26 PM
I, too, am over 35 (just a little) and think he looks better and younger without it!

critter crazy
12-27-2006, 01:27 PM
Well since hubby has one, and i couldnt imagine him iwthout it i am biased! but i do think he looks quite distinguished with it! I like it!! I am under 35 by the way!! So my vote says it should stay!!:D

cassiesmom
12-27-2006, 01:27 PM
i'm over 35 (40, if you must know) but i think he looks older w/ it

RedHedd
12-27-2006, 01:29 PM
I think he actually looks younger without it. :) Me too! Younger and more handsome. Shave it! :D

P.S. Is Mike single and planning to come to San Francisco anytime soon? ;)

gemini9961
12-27-2006, 01:31 PM
I say without. I'm under 35 if it makes a difference.

lvpets2002
12-27-2006, 01:33 PM
:) Oh my what a very handsome Gent both ways.. I am with the beard.. ;) Just have to ask if friend is single.. :D

catlover4ever
12-27-2006, 01:34 PM
I'm 35 and I think he looks much younger without it. SHAVE IT OFF...IMO

Craftlady
12-27-2006, 01:35 PM
Looks older with beard, I'd shave it.

kuhio98
12-27-2006, 01:42 PM
I'm a lot over 35 too and I think he looks a lot younger without the beard. Is he interested in looking younger? If not, keep the beard. Maybe he can enter a Hemmingway look-alike contest. :p

jazzcat
12-27-2006, 01:42 PM
Another over 35 and I say shave it, although I do tend to like the goatee and 'tache look.

chocolatepuppy
12-27-2006, 02:01 PM
hmmm, I do like beards, but I think he does look younger without it. But then, maybe if he likes having a beard, and he colored the grey in it he would look younger. :confused: And then maybe he doesn't want to look younger. :rolleyes: Just for the record, I'm over 35 and I do have a hard time making decisions. ;)

kittycats_delight
12-27-2006, 02:08 PM
Laura you tell Mike I think he look like Ben Kingsley without the beard. Very elegant and sexy also he looks younger without it. My vote if for without it. :D

cassiesmom
12-27-2006, 02:11 PM
Laura you tell Mike I think he look like Ben Kingsley without the beard. Very elegant and sexy also he looks younger without it. My vote if for without it. :D

But he looks like Sean Connery with it :)

Catty1
12-27-2006, 02:20 PM
Hey, I am 50 and a beard fan!

Yes, he looks younger without it. SO WHAT????? What's with the culture of youth nonsense???? :p

With the beard, he's got a great grin, and character, and I find this VERY appealing! I'll take character over 'young and cool' any day!

If I didn't already have a wonderful man in my life, I would ask you to send him up...AFTER I see his CV, of course! :D

KEEP DA BEARD!

Karen
12-27-2006, 02:28 PM
Either way is fine - but as stated, because it is grey, he looks younger without it. He has a fine jawline, so if he wants to look "distinguished," keep the beard, if he wants to look "younger" - get rid of it!

finn's mom
12-27-2006, 02:31 PM
I think he looks better without the beard, he looks unique. With the beard, he's not someone I'd notice. That's not to say he isn't good looking both ways, because he is. Just with the beard, he kinda looks like an "everyman" to me. With that being said, though, I prefer my boyfriend with some sort of facial hair. I think my boyfriend actually looks older with a clean shaven face. Honestly, I think it depends on his opinion and those he is close to, if he is taking their feelings into consideration.

catnapper
12-27-2006, 02:47 PM
I'm 34 and I say to keep it. (Technically that makes me a member of the under 35 category ;))

I'd totally walk by him without the beard and not notice him,. He has character and personality with the beard

cyber-sibes
12-27-2006, 03:06 PM
I love a nice beard on a man, grey or otherwise. I agree that looking "younger" isn't the only think that's important. I vote to keep it. He looks very distinguished. I wish my hubby would have kept his, he got talked into shaving it off by a friend.

Laura's Babies
12-27-2006, 03:16 PM
RedHedd wrote;

P.S. Is Mike single and planning to come to San Francisco anytime soon?

Yes, Mike is very single and is a cat LOVER, his two are Klinger and Yetta if you remember them. He is a big macho guy until he sees a cat in need and then he turns to mush.... (sorta ruins his macho image) He is the one that caught Miss Tuxie and helped me catch and tame those two ferals, Wally and Marty. Right now he is feeding colonies on the streets in Baton Rouge. A very devoted cat person!

There is no telling where he could turn up, he has worked around the Boston area and all over the USA...

Let me add here, that he is a great buddy and pal! We do many things together as friends. Friends/buddies is all there is or has ever been. He calls me often from Pet Smart or the grocery store and tells me he is there and asks if I need anything.. I've never had a friend that did that so it amuses me.

lbaker
12-27-2006, 03:31 PM
I would say keep it. I'm most certainly over 35 and also single (widowed) and a cat (and dog) lover. I would have to see the beard in person to be positive though :o ;) :D

lizbud
12-27-2006, 04:33 PM
It really depends on what image he wants to project. I personally think he
looks better with the beard.

Barbara
12-27-2006, 04:42 PM
Wow- that's one good looking man! :D
He looks good either ways and my man has a beard since I know him (he's two times 35 now as this age seems to be important ;))
Mike looks good both ways but maybe he even looks a tiny bit better without one.

TamanduaGirl
12-27-2006, 05:00 PM
well i'm not a beard fan and think he looks better with it. He sort of looks sickly without it, cuz there's no color or hair at all.

Not to be maen but since your asking not everyone can do the shaved head thing. He looks fine bald + beard but not without.

slick
12-27-2006, 05:41 PM
Lordy, lordy do I love a man with a beard....especially a grey one, and of course you know what they say about bald men. ;)

Move over Laurie and RedHedd. I think he might like a little trip to Canada. :p :cool:

Catlady711
12-27-2006, 05:49 PM
Well I'm on the borderline at exactly 35, however here's my thoughts...

Without the beard he looks kinda like a young Telly Sevalis so if he wants that kinda look then keep it,

however...

With the beard does make him look very very very slightly older (which I happen to like better even when I was under 35 lol) and makes him look more personable and friendly, but that part could also be the difference in the clothes and smile between the two pix.

I guess it's up to him, he can always shave or grow it back whenever he wants to if he doesn't like the look.

Pam
12-27-2006, 06:06 PM
I love a nice beard on a man, grey or otherwise. I agree that looking "younger" isn't the only think that's important. I vote to keep it. He looks very distinguished. I wish my hubby would have kept his, he got talked into shaving it off by a friend.

Agree totally! I think he looks very handsome with the beard. I wouldn't even look twice if there was no beard. (and....I am way over 30 :o ) My hubby has a moustache and I have asked him for years to grow a beard, just to let me see how it would look, but he won't.

jenluckenbach
12-27-2006, 06:15 PM
I would not normally choose a beard, but on him I think he looks better WITH the beard.

Daisy and Delilah
12-27-2006, 07:35 PM
He's gorgeous either way!! If he's going for a younger look, no beard. If the age thing doesn't bother him, go with the beard. Which way does he prefer?

Last question.....is he coming to Florida anytime soon? ;) ;) ;)

Lizzie
12-27-2006, 07:39 PM
I'm totally biased because I LOVE beards on men. A man with a beard will always get me to swivel my head for another look. I also like the way they feel! I agree with Catty1 and others that he looks younger but quite ordinary without a beard, but the beard gives him character, charm and sex-appeal. (Told you I love beards.) Lucky you, Laura, to have such a good friend. My best friends have almost always been men.

shais_mom
12-28-2006, 12:05 AM
GET RID OF IT!
the grey in it ages him :) he is a nice looking man without it

I'm 31! :)

Taz_Zoee
12-28-2006, 12:14 AM
I am under 35 and I say keep it!! He just looks like a snuggly teddy bear with it. :D

BC_MoM
12-28-2006, 12:17 AM
I'm way under 35 and say keep it!

kimlovescats
12-28-2006, 12:14 PM
I am 42 and although I usually like a clean look, I think he is more handsome and distinguised looking WITH the beard! However, I prefer to kiss a baby soft face! :p

joycenalex
12-28-2006, 01:41 PM
he's hot, but hotter with it and the grin with the beard makes him smoking hot. keep it, and i'm under 50

Catty1
12-28-2006, 05:10 PM
Are you showing all these posts to Mike???? lol I bet he'd love to see all these women gushing over him! :)

cyber-sibes
12-28-2006, 07:37 PM
Are you showing all these posts to Mike???? lol I bet he'd love to see all these women gushing over him! :)LOL! That's exactly what I was thinking! Hmm, maybe there should be a PT "Personals" Thread?

GreyhoundGirl
12-28-2006, 07:48 PM
Keep it, he looks too strict and centered with it. It adds a bit of character (and apperently intrest lol :p )

LOL! That's exactly what I was thinking! Hmm, maybe there should be a PT "Personals" Thread?

LOL

Laura's Babies
12-28-2006, 08:15 PM
he's hot, but hotter with it and the grin with the beard makes him smoking hot. keep it, and i'm under 50

He saw what was written last night but he has NOT seen that one quoted above.... or any of todays posts. (Unless he does it at home.) Hummmmmm, don't know if I want him to see todays posts or he'll be wanting me to post more pictures of him or sending all of you to his yahoo personal ad.

joycenalex
12-28-2006, 09:06 PM
nah, i'm taken, ;) , but i can still appreciate heat when i see it.

ComedyDevil
12-29-2006, 08:15 AM
Oooh! Nice :o

Erm ... I mean, keep the beard! :) :D

I'm 19, if that makes any difference :p

shais_mom
01-07-2007, 07:56 PM
Look at the difference in
Borat....

Without the "stache" he's hot!

ramanth
01-07-2007, 09:35 PM
I think he actually looks younger without it. :)
I like beards, but I agree with this comment. :)

What look is he going for?

If it's youthful - lose the beard.

If it's distinguished - keep the beard.

:D

columbine
01-07-2007, 10:08 PM
I like the beard, but he also looks happier in the beard picture. Maybe the smile is more important! I'm 45.

Love, Columbine

popcornbird
01-08-2007, 12:06 PM
My opinion?

The beauty of a men is in his beard, just as the beauty of a lion is in his mane. :p

I love beards, and think a nice well groomed beard is very manly. Clean, hair-less faces are for women. :p:o

Besides, I find clean shaven men to be 'very' prickly. I always tease my uncle by telling him his face feels like sandpaper. :o