PDA

View Full Version : Kitty got kicked.

ACD Mom
12-27-2006, 11:13 AM
No, not by me! Geesh! LOL! One of the horses got her yesterday.

She always comes out to the barn with me and has no problem around the horses. I can even put horses in the arena and leave the gate open while I get another horse and Kitty will keep the horses in the arena. Yesterday though, I was putting Exeter, one of the geldings out and he was prancing around all full of himself. Kitty started circling him while we were walking, not barking at him or anything, just keeping him in check and he pulled a quick trigger on her and caught her in the shoulder. I've never heard her scream like that. It was gut wrenching. :( It's not the first time the horses have kicked at her, but she usually ducks out of the way in true cattle dog fashion. I guess this time she zigged when she should have zagged.

I took her to the vet just to be safe and it ended up being a $130 'make mom feel better visit'. The x-rays showed everything to be intact and she simply bruised her scapula. Lucky girl. I must say though, she has been a bit more cautious around her much larger charges. :D

Ginger's Mom
12-27-2006, 11:17 AM
Oh poor Kitty. I am very glad that you took her in to have her checked out, though. Oh Kitty, sweetie, I think you better leave the riding arena for the horsies from now on.

critter crazy
12-27-2006, 11:24 AM
I know that sound!! My dear Zues RIP, had gotten kicked by our horses before. As well as Duke! They have never gotten hurt, well except for their pride! but it is a gut renching sound to hear! Poor Kitty, hope she feels better!!

pitc9
12-27-2006, 11:38 AM
Poor thing!
Glad to hear nothing is broken!

ramanth
12-27-2006, 12:01 PM
Kia can sympathise Kitty. She was kicked by a horse right into the meat of her thigh. Nothing broken but left a nasty bruise and stairs were hard to manuvere for awhile.

I hope you heal quickly and next time zag instead of zig. ;) :D

Dorothy39
12-27-2006, 04:55 PM
Yikes!!!!! That just had to be a horiffic "Yipe"!!!!!

The money was well spent, as you have *Kitty* to show for it~ , Hopefully, nothing like that will ever happen again.

Be CAREFUL from now on Kitty~ We're so glad you're alright!!!!!