PDA

View Full Version : Starr's Dental Cleaning Went Well

krazyaboutkatz
12-26-2006, 07:41 PM
Hi, I just wanted to let everyone know that Starr's dental cleaning went well.:) He had some very bad gingivitis but didn't need to have any teeth extracted. He's on Clinsol liquid 1 1/2 ml one time a day until it's gone. This is also the same antibiotic that Pearl's been on and it's worked wonders with her.:)

The first thing he did after running out of his carrier like a speeding bullet, was to try to take off his bandage where they had the IV fluids. He managed to take about half of it off so I then took the rest of it off for him. He's already started to drink a little bit and I bet he'll be hungry enough to eat a little later on tonight. I sure hope that this will make him feel much better and also improve his health. He's been through so much in his short life and he won't be 2 until March 22nd.

rg_girlca
12-26-2006, 09:05 PM
Tracey, you don't know how relieved I am to hear this. :)

I hope that precious Starr will feel better after this and continue good health.

shais_mom
12-26-2006, 11:39 PM
good I was wondering about the lil guy! :D

jenluckenbach
12-27-2006, 05:11 AM
I am glad that he is feeling well after the dental.

krazyaboutkatz
12-27-2006, 12:52 PM
Thanks everyone.:) The vet tech told me that he might not want to eat any dinner last night. Well they sure don't know my cats. He was ravenous.:eek: I could only give him half of what's he's used to eating though and I know he was still hungry so he made up for it this morning.:)

I thought that he'd be so mad at me for all of this but he's been so loving and purry and acts like he's so happy now. He's been wanting to be in my lap as much as possible and his purr has been much louder than normal. I hope that his health will now improve.:)

One side effect that I noticed is that his eyes are a bit squintier than normal especially his right eye so I started putting some left over antibiotic ointment in them. I know that when Sky had a dental cleaning he also needed this. Hopefully this will take of it.

jazzcat
12-27-2006, 01:29 PM
I'm glad to hear it went well and he is good. Hopefully the eye will clear up soon.

That is great that he seems happier and so loving!

lvpets2002
12-27-2006, 01:40 PM
;) Way to go Starr & Congrats on A Good Dental Cleaning.

Barbara
12-27-2006, 04:37 PM
Glad that he has managed it. I just now read about Starr biting you- maybe he still is unquiet because of what happened. I am sure he didn't mean you- but his meezer purrsonality wants him to be in control, poor boy.