PDA

View Full Version : Sweetpea back to the vets.

rg_girlca
12-26-2006, 12:19 PM
As some of you know Sweetpea was spayed last Wednesday and on Friday I noticed a lump where her incision is. I phoned the vet and they said that it is normal BUT if it isn't gone in 2-3 days then to bring her back. Well it isn't gone and looks a bit bigger. So we will be bringing her shortly to the vet.

I just pray that it isn't a hernia. That would mean another surgery for the poor girl. Plus her new purrents are suppose to come tomorrow morning to pick her and PeaPod up.

Geesh, if it's not one thing, it's another. :(

I will let you know what is what when I get back.

P.S.
Lut, didn't Snoopy have a hernia from her spay?

wolflady
12-26-2006, 12:24 PM
Poor Sweetpea. Is the area red and puffy and/or oozing juices? If not, it may just be swelling, but it's always a good idea to have it checked out. I could be a hernia also. How is she acting otherwise?

Give her some lovins' for me and cuddle that adorable pea pod for me too! ;)

**hugs**

jenluckenbach
12-26-2006, 12:41 PM
Many of mine have had the swelling. It is usually a reaction to the INTERIOR stitches, and will go away as they dissolve. Hopefully that is all it is this time.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-26-2006, 01:07 PM
Paws crossed here that it's nothing serious too!!! Please keep us updated.

kimlovescats
12-26-2006, 01:12 PM
Hoping everything goes fine for little Sweetpea!!!

Barbara
12-26-2006, 01:55 PM
Paws crossed for Sweetpea!

rg_girlca
12-26-2006, 02:34 PM
Thank you for your replies. :)

Many of mine have had the swelling. It is usually a reaction to the INTERIOR stitches, and will go away as they dissolve. Hopefully that is all it is this time.

Very good Jen. :D Yup, thankfully that's all it is. Her incision is healing up very well, no redness, puffiness, or juices oozing out at all. Even where one of her stitches came out looks good.

So their new purrents will be here around 11:00 tomorrow morning to bring them to their new forever home.

orangemm
12-26-2006, 03:05 PM
Waaah!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-26-2006, 03:10 PM
Waaah!
You can say that again!!!
I just hate being happy and sad at the same time. It confuses me!!! ;)

krazyaboutkatz
12-26-2006, 05:33 PM
I sure hope that Sweetpea will be okay. I'm sure she will.:) It sure will be hard to let the peas go tomorrow.:(

phesina
12-26-2006, 07:37 PM
So glad to hear that Sweetpea is well and ready for the big move with her boy!

It has been a joy to get to know the Peas and follow their adventures. I wish them the best ever and hope that they continue to keep us updated.

Pat and the gang

Laura's Babies
12-26-2006, 09:52 PM
I am glad she checked out ok..............

But I am getting LES over them leaving our PT family.... :(

trayi52
12-26-2006, 10:34 PM
Oh! The Peas will be gone tomorrow! I will miss them.

I am glad Sweetpea was okay. I will miss her and the little P-Pod when they leave. I bet you will too!

Willie :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-27-2006, 04:58 AM
Lut, didn't Snoopy have a hernia from her spay?

She got a hernia yes, it happened a month after her operation. She is a VERY active girl, jumping a lot. She is fine now :)