PDA

View Full Version : I gave the best gift to an older lady just a few mins ago :D

king2005
12-25-2006, 04:13 PM
A neighbour in the complex knocked on our outside door a few mins ago. She told dad that she dropped her keys in the dumpster... ewww

Dad is Mr. Fixit & an aid to all the older people in the complex, so they all go to him for everything.

Dad tried to find the keys & had no luck. I told dad to get me an old work shirt & I'll go dumpster diving for the keys.

I used a plastic stick to poke around first. No luck.

Told dad to hold the flashlight, so I could get the shopping cart, tip it over & use it as a step stool. I started digging through bags. I grabbed on bag & dad said oh it wont be in there.. I said how do you know, he siad it was upside down & argued with me... SO I said they better not be in there & tossed it to the back of the dumpster..

I heard keys when I tossed the bag & said DARNIT! I told you dad!! He said, that wasn't keys, thats just trash. SO I ignored him & did everything I could to get that trash bag back so I could rip it open.

Took a while as my plastic stick was FLEXING :rolleyes:

I ripped open the bag & said HA!! I told you so dad :p

I rushed the keys over to the ladies door & she gave me a pat on the shoulder(she didn't know me & I was just playing in the dumpster) & a BIG box of chocolates :D

WOOHOO!! more Chocolates!! :D

Kalei
12-25-2006, 04:38 PM
Wow that was so so nice of you! I bet that elder lady will always remember you for being so nice!:D

Laura's Babies
12-25-2006, 05:18 PM
You have made a friend forever and God will bless you for your good deed...

Karen
12-26-2006, 07:36 AM
HEe hee! Good job, Jess! :)

ramanth
12-26-2006, 08:57 AM
How nice!

I once had to dumpster dive in the schools garbage to retreive my retainer. :eek: :p :o

momoffuzzyfaces
12-26-2006, 12:31 PM
Aw!!! That story just makes me grin!!! :D
Being disabled myself, I can tell you how much things like that really mean to us. I'm so glad there are some sweet people still left in the world. Good Job!!!
:D :D

Dorothy39
12-26-2006, 02:39 PM
Now, That's a Miracle!!!!!

And~ You certainly had a HAND (er, stick) in all of this!!!!

Three Cheers for YOU!!! Hip , Hip , HURRAH, Hip, Hip, HURRAH, Hip, Hip, HURRAH!!!

(Where there's a WILL~There's a WAY)

Great JOB king2005, says Dorothy~ :cool: