PDA

View Full Version : Merry Xmas from Aotearoa...

carole
12-24-2006, 08:45 PM
Well it is xmas in New Zealand already, and it is not a typical NZ xmas, because the weather is not up to scratch, rainy and rather cool, not very summery at all and i pity anyone who follows our kiwi tradition of having a xmas feast on the beach, not the day for it at all, i even had the heater on for a small time this morning it was so cold.

Just wanted to stop by and wish all Pter's and my friends a very merry xmas and all the best for 2007, I treasure you all and wish you all the very best in life,for those of you who are having it tough, know that you are always in my thoughts and i hope with all my heart things will improve.

So everyone take care, be merry and spend times with your loved ones and your beautiful furbabies.

Tomorrow my son and his partner are coming down to stay for a few days and then taking Melissa back with them for a few days, this is the first xmas ever i have not spent with my son,it feels kinda strange, but just makes me look forward to seeing him and spending time with him even more, we are going to a restaurant for a buffet meal with my parents and my sister and husband and son on boxing day tomorrow, and then my son is going to watch the Ashes cricket at my parents while i go to see the Holiday movie with Amber, great as i can get to know her more, she is a lovely girl and i enjoy her company, Melissa is having her friend Ben over and Dad is going to be the supervising parent lol.

Hope your days are special and fulfilling, Cheers and love to you all. :)

Karen
12-24-2006, 09:51 PM
Besides a feast on the beach, what other things are part of a traditional kiwi Christmas? Are there different carols?

It's too warm here for my tastes - I like SNOW for Christmas, but at least it'll be kinda cold out, which is better than warmth like we've had recently!

Happy Christmas to you, our kiwi Pet Talker!

Cinder & Smoke
12-24-2006, 11:42 PM
:)

Merry Christmas and

Happy New Year to

You & Yours

"Down Under".

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid221/pb69bc37bd70ab67439cd8390e7db30b0/eb799a2e.jpg

krazyaboutkatz
12-25-2006, 01:00 AM
Have a very merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year too!!!:D It's been fairly cool here and it's supposed to rain for the next few days. Yuck.:(

Dorothy39
12-25-2006, 05:56 AM
Merry Christmas Carole~

And , Please do tell us more about *Kiwi Christmas*~

However, as Karen said, it's way too Warm here for Christmas ;) ,I need a good blanket of SNOW on the ground to top it all of nicely~

Hoping for You and Yours to Have a Happy New Year!!!!!!

trayi52
12-25-2006, 06:06 AM
Merry Christmas, Carole, to you, and your family!!!!!!

Willie :)

zippy-kat
12-25-2006, 10:09 AM
Merry Christmas, Carole!