PDA

View Full Version : What do you do for Christmas?

slleipnir
12-24-2006, 04:01 PM
Let me know if someone posted this already, and I'll delete it.

Me and my brother always have Christmas dinner on Christmas eve with my dad. My brother is studying to be a chef, so he is very excited this year to try all he's learned so far :rolleyes: In the morning, we have a nice breakfast and open presents with dad and spend time together. In the afternoon sometime, me and my brother go to my moms house. My sister, her husband and 3 kids come too. We open gifts and spend time together. Then we have a nice Christmas dinner and finish off the evening going to a movie.

Nothing special, but it's nice that everyone spends time together (which is why I love Christmas...we don't often all get together)

buttercup132
12-24-2006, 09:50 PM
We wake up early and open our presents from family family. Then get ready and stuff. Then we go to my nana's and meet up with my aunts uncles cousins etc and open gifts from them and my nana and grandpa.

Then we go home and get some things put away and nap. Then it's off to my grandma's house to open more gifts from her.

After all that everyone meets up at my nana's again and we eat dinner.

Argranade
12-25-2006, 12:58 PM
First we all wake up, open the gifts of course ^_^

After that we all get ready to go to me Grandma's where my hole family will be like my cousins, Ant ect .. you get the point, then we have dinner there then open more presents. :)

king2005
12-25-2006, 04:34 PM
This year my sister & I flew to PEI to spend xmas with dad & Grandma.

On xmas eve after dinner we get special gifts. A mag. & xmas PJs WHOOHOO! I got polar Bear PJs & a National Geographic Mag. (lots of Canadian articles in this one & mostly all about animals).

On xmas day dad wakes us up (not always pleasent lol). We get our stockings (yes we still get those & love them), have a coffee or tea, then open gifts.

Then we clean up & get ready for lunch (about 1-2pm). Thats our xmas dinner. Had an 18p Turkey :eek:

Now we fend for ourselves inthe entertainment department lol My sister, dad & grandma are watching Ice Age right now & I'm on the computer, waiting until Ice Age 2 is on.

Then I plan to take off downtown with my sister & buttons, to kill time. We did a 2hr walk lastnight & hopefully we'll do the same tonight.

Audrey, are any stores open here on boxing day? Like the little mall near my dads place & the bigger one with the theatre, closer to the university?

I'm just hoping I can do something tomorrow besides walking the neighbourhoods again lol

Kalei
12-25-2006, 04:42 PM
Well our christmas is pretty basic. We would usually go to the grandparents to have christmas dinner, but we moved years ago so now all we really have is each other. First we open christmas gifts and I take pictures and then we just laze around and use our christmas gifts then around 3 in the afternoon we have our turkey dinner. After that we just basically relax and be happy.:D

MajesticCollies
12-25-2006, 05:02 PM
Headed to my sisters house for Christmas dinner. We never have our big family party on Christmas so since the niece and nephew were home for Christmas I thought I would crash thier dinner. lol Besides I wanted to see Steele's son Jack!!!!

Merry Christmas

Pembroke_Corgi
12-25-2006, 05:47 PM
We usually go to my uncle's Christmas eve party, but since we moved we probably won't get the chance to do that every year...

This year my mom flew in and me, my husband and her all went up the cog railway at Pike's Peak yesterday. It was so beautiful- it was snowing, and we got to see some Big Horn Sheep.

Today we made a big dinner together and watched a movie. We are going to the movies later too.

I'm going "home" later this week and will celebrate with my dad and brother then.

joycenalex
12-25-2006, 06:15 PM
since christmas was part of a 3 day weekend, i got sooo much done, more leaf raking, cleaning, cooking, saw the pursiuit of happyness(loved it) saw friends, dog walked, and took 2 NAPS! a working womans' dream ;)

slleipnir
12-25-2006, 08:57 PM
Audrey, are any stores open here on boxing day? Like the little mall near my dads place & the bigger one with the theatre, closer to the university?

I'm just hoping I can do something tomorrow besides walking the neighbourhoods again lol

Some are....there are some great boxing day sales going on...and of course, it will be VERY busy :)

Twisterdog
12-25-2006, 10:55 PM
We opened presents this morning at my house. My mom, dad and brother came over.

Then we went to dinner at my son's great aunt and uncle's house. Mexican food ... yummmmmmy. We played some games and hung out for a while.

Then we went to my mom's house, for yet another dinner. We are stuffed piggies!

Now we're just laying around!

Danegirl2208
12-26-2006, 12:35 AM
Pretty much the same every year..We go over to my grandparents, and its an all day thing... we eat breakfast, kids of the family do a gift exchange type thing, then the adults do a gift exchange...we play lots of board and card games, and just hang out together all day, then we eat dinner at around 6:30 (im still STUFFED!!!)..its always a ton of fun, and this year was wonderful as always...

..Hope you all had a great day!!