PDA

View Full Version : Throwing up often...

Toby's my baby
12-24-2006, 01:18 PM
I don't post much on the cat side, but C.P has been throwing up quite often. Every once in a while she throws up, but now it has become more frequent. She doesn't act sick, or like her stomach hurts, she still runs around like crazy and plays like her normal self. Any advice?

Catty1
12-24-2006, 02:12 PM
VET.

Did you post this in Cat Health also?

Taz_Zoee
12-24-2006, 03:23 PM
I went through something similar with Taz a few months ago. He wasn't eating as much as normal or drinking. I took him to the vet and he was very dehydrated. Do you know how to test for dehydration? Pull up the skin on her back and if it takes a while to go down she is dehydrated.
Anyway, Taz went through many tests that luckily came back fine. But it still didn't answer why he was throwing up all the time. So we changed his food. He was on Purina Vet Diets o/m (which can only be purchased at the vet) and then tried a couple others. I really didn't like the fact we were changing his food so much. Finally we put him on the Purina Vet z/d, which is for sensitive stomachs and he seems to be back to normal. He has not put back on the few pounds he lost while he was sick, but that's okay, he has a few pounds to spare. :)
Not sure how old C.P. is but Taz is over 10 years. And since all animals are different, you can't use my example in relation to your C.P. I would have never figured it out if I hadn't taken him to the vet.
Anyway, #1 thing to do is take her to the vet.

kuhio98
12-24-2006, 03:31 PM
How old is C.P.? When Kuhio got older, she threw up every day. She had a hyperthyroid which caused her system to go into "hyper drive". She couldn't keep food down. She lost a lot of weight. A simple bloodtest can figure it out. Medication can help. Please take C.P. to the vet soon.

kittycats_delight
12-24-2006, 03:42 PM
I have had some issues with Vixen before with throwing up a lot but luckily it was nothing medical. But don't take it that it is nothing medical with C.P. Take C.P. to the vet first to rule out any medical problems.

Vixen had 2 issues:

1. she would bolt her food and anytime she did this she would bring it right back up after a minute or 2. She still does it sometimes but when I see her doing it I always tell her to slow down and she actually listens.

2. she has major issues with hairballs. She hate to vomit and only when she cannot control it will she do this. She ofter swallows it so she is now on food with intense hairball control and she gets malt every 3 days to help control as well. So we have few issues with that.

There could be so many things that is causing C.P. to vomit a lot so please before thinking it is a quick fix take C.P. to the vet and make sure there is nothing medical and then the vet could put you on the right track as to how to treat her whether it is medical or not.

Please keep us updated.

catmandu
12-24-2006, 07:51 PM
The Siamese will go through times when they will lose thier dinners, and then it wont happen for weeks.
I think its because they bolt thier food.
I hope that CP is feeling better, maybe if you got some free samples from the Pet Food Stores and see if theres something that agrees with him more.

Toby's my baby
12-24-2006, 09:10 PM
Thanks everyone. She is only like 3 years old, she is eatting normal and drinking plenty of water. I'll call the vet on Tuesday (we dont have an emergency vet anywhere around here) and talk to them, but I don't think I'll be able to get her in. My parents are leaving for 2 weeks on Tuesday morning, and I don't have a car so I can't take her there. If the vet says that she needs to come in now, I'll find a way, but maybe he has some other idea's we can try.

If anybody has any other ideas, that would be great. Thank you! :)

Catty1
12-24-2006, 09:13 PM
Please get a friend to drive you to a vet. Is she using the litter box? Pee AND poop?

I just hope she doesn't have a bowel obstruction.

Please ask a friend to drive you, again. Just to be on the safe side.