PDA

View Full Version : Another tale of an idiotic BYB...

moosmom
12-24-2006, 11:51 AM
I work with this 17 year old girl, Kay, who has a 6 month old kitten. Yesterday she comes up to me and asks me if I want a kitty. :confused: I asked her why??

She wants her cat to have kittens!!! UGH!! :mad: I went off on her. I told her I had been in animal rescue for over 10 years and had seen it all. I told her what a stupid idea it was and to take a trip to the local shelter where there are HUNDREDS of unwanted cats and kittens. I told her that if her cat has 6 kittens, 6 SHELTER cats will die because of her.

She said she wanted to experience the cat birth. I told her to rent the video. I asked what she was going to do with the babies and she said keep them. I asked her if she was willing to pay for the vet bills to test, spay/neuter and vaccinate all the kittens. She said her Mom would. Yeah right.

I basically told her that if she did this, I would never EVER speak to her again. Don't know if it did any good. But at least I got it off my chest.

Just another thought from an idiotic, stupid, irresponsible pet owner.

catfamily
12-24-2006, 12:03 PM
People are just so ignorant!
Rent the video....and if she wants 6 kittens....go get them at a shelter.
She just is an ignorant person.And it could be because she's just not educated enough.Who knows...I guess I'm trying to be nice by saying she may be uneducated.People just don't get it...or care to get it.I'm glad you went off on her.She needed that!
Just what you needed to here :rolleyes:

Laura's Babies
12-24-2006, 12:14 PM
Why not invite her to a KILL shelter so she can see all the cute kittens there that will be PTS because nobody wants them... Take her there yourself as I did my neighbor but I can tell you, even that did no good with my neighbor... These people are IDIOTS!

kuhio98
12-24-2006, 12:26 PM
Jan (Queenscoopsalot) posted something that has stuck with me. Maybe it will help educate this girl.

Funny, how people want to see the miracle of birth, but they don't want to see the "miracle" of euthanasia.

Please don't rant at this girl. She just doesn't know yet. If you have a good relationship with her, she will be more likely to listen to your advice. And her kitty will benefit from it.

CatLuvrs
12-24-2006, 12:56 PM
She is wanting to do this with a 6 month old kitten????? What a dumba**! Excuse my language but what a retard. I wouldn't talk to her again either :eek: :mad:

Catty1
12-24-2006, 12:59 PM
She is still young enough to educate. Not like people 25+ who should know better (and don't).

I hope you can keep channels of communication open with her. Good for you for speaking up!

moosmom
12-24-2006, 01:51 PM
I think Laura's Babies has the right idea. I wonder if they'd allow her to witness the euthansia??

It just struck a bad nerve with me, plus I was totally stressed out having worked 9 days straight in retail. Not making excuses, but having witnessed what I have in animal rescue, I have no patience for people like her.

Miss Z
12-24-2006, 02:34 PM
She said she wanted to experience the cat birth.

Then perhaps she should put in a request to be reincarnated into a cat. :rolleyes:

catmandu
12-24-2006, 07:48 PM
All that Girl would have to do is see the Cart full of healthy Cats and Dogs who have been killed because someone thought it would be nice to have Kittens and Puppies around.
I will never forget the first time I saw that as a SPCA volunteer, thats why I take such good care of the Found Cats.
And feed and try and rehome the Porch Cats.
Seeing those Dead Cats and Dogs who will never play again should wake her up.