PDA

View Full Version : Look what dropped off at the shelter =(

Giselle
12-24-2006, 12:14 AM
(Warning: the pictures may be a little upsetting.)

As I was making my usual rounds at the shelter, I found this poor little Boxer girl cowering in her kennel. Words can't express how pitiful she is. She was starved to the point of near death, severely dehydrated, nails so overgrown she could barely walk, had a couple suspicious growths on her legs, and most horrifically of all, her vulva was torn and swollen and infected. And yet, she still had the ability to love. Angel dogs like these just amaze me sometimes.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/LSophie/Picture037.jpg
(She's a white Boxer but she doesn't have hearing or seeing problems at all)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/LSophie/Picture036.jpg
:( You might see a little blood on the blankets. That's from her vulva.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/LSophie/Picture038-1.jpg
She's an angel, I'm sure. *sigh* What a bittersweet Christmas for this little girl.

Tollers-n-Dobes
12-24-2006, 12:17 AM
Poor girl. :( Atleast she's now at the shelter and will be able to eat. People disgust me - I don't understand how anyone could do that to an animal.

Winston looked exactly like that when he was taken from his previous owners - hard to believe now though. Hopefully the Boxer will end up as lucky as he did and will find a new, loving family.

BC_MoM
12-24-2006, 12:18 AM
Oh my God. If I were you, I'd get your shelter to contact your local newspaper and publish that. Make that "owner" feel ashamed and guilty, if that's possible.

May God bless her for a speedy recovery.

caseysmom
12-24-2006, 01:07 AM
Was she an owner surrender? Since I have been working at the shelter I swear I have lost faith in a large portion of the human population. Who could do that to an animal? It is beyond me to understand.

Twisterdog
12-24-2006, 02:15 AM
OMG. :( Was she picked up as a stray or an owner surrender? If the shelter has any way of knowing who owned her, I would assume animal cruelty charges are going to be pressed. I agree with publicising this. Sometimes a neighbor or accquaintance comes forward to report the owner.

Is she going to be rehabilitated and adopted? If I were you, I would contact a boxer rescue, and see if they will come get her. Does your shelter work with rescues? If you need help finding a rescue, I will be happy to help you. I have done a lot of work with breed rescues over the years.

Vela
12-24-2006, 06:56 AM
Ugh, that makes me feel extremely sick. Of course that hits close to home, I wish I could have her. That poor poor baby. I can't even fathom what kind of "thing" would do that to a dog. I hope whoever it is someday gets equal treatment.

borzoimom
12-24-2006, 07:11 AM
How can people be so cruel?? I hope they are pressing cruelity charges! I also agree to contact the Boxer rescue..

Pam
12-24-2006, 07:20 AM
I was not prepared for the picture even though you warned us. :( :( :( I agree that if this was an owner turn in charges will surely be pressed. I have seen it done countless times on the programs on Animal Planet.

If I were you, I would contact a boxer rescue, and see if they will come get her.

Totally agree. Oh I hope you can keep us posted on this dog. I would love to hear that she had a happy ending. It sounds like she is headed that way, just by winding up at the shelter.

Alysser
12-24-2006, 08:10 AM
OMG, I was not prepared for such a sight. She looks so sad in the first picture, you can see the pain in her eyes. People are just so cruel, mostly to animals. At least she is safely at the shelter now and they press charges on that A$$. They don't deserve to live! :mad: I can't believe she is so sweet after what she's been through. She'll definately be adopted into a good home.

TFTpwnsYou
12-24-2006, 08:17 AM
I can't believe how people can do such a thing. That dog will make someone a wonderful pet, because even though in the shape she's in she still wants to live.

borzoimom
12-24-2006, 08:30 AM
I wish she was on the east coast. My step son is looking for a boxer, and with guidance on how to take care of a dog in such deplorable condition, she would have a very nice home. ...

Miss Z
12-24-2006, 08:47 AM
People make me sicker than sick sometimes. :eek:

Poor little girl. She has such a look in her eye, you can tell that she's suffered but she's never going to give up hope, what a brave baby.

If I could have a Christmas wish then I'd wish for a quick recovery and a loving home for that special little dog.

lizbud
12-24-2006, 10:46 AM
OMG that poor baby. :( I would think that some human being somewhere
would have seen the condition of this poor girl before she got to this state :(
I pray that she can be helped back to health & it's not to late.

wolflady
12-24-2006, 10:51 AM
Gosh, that's so sad. :( I'm just glad she was found in time to be rescued and brought to the shelter. The Boxer rescue would be great for her, I hope they can take her. I pray that she finds the loving home she so deserves.

**hugs**

Toby's my baby
12-24-2006, 01:14 PM
That is so sad. :( At least this Christmas she has a warm place to sleep, water, and food. I still dont get it, how anybody can do that to ANYTHING, it is sad to think we are all the same species and can treat things so horribly. If possible, you should keep us updated on this girl with pictures, she sure looks like she could be a beauty. :)

wolfsoul
12-24-2006, 01:18 PM
How terrible. :( I can't believe it.

animal_rescue
12-24-2006, 01:27 PM
That poor, sweet girl.

I truly hope she finds a very loving home and that those people get what they deserve!

ACD Mom
12-24-2006, 01:57 PM
Things like that make me so angry! :mad:

That poor, poor baby. My Christmas wish for her is that she no longer suffer at the hands of cruel people and that she finds a warm, loving, forever home. She deserves it!

petslover
12-24-2006, 04:37 PM
oh my gosh. That is so sad. You can see the sadness in her eyes. It makes me sick that people are to heartless and cruel.

CountryWolf07
12-24-2006, 04:39 PM
Oh wow. I definitely was not prepared to see this. Poor girl. Her name should be "Angel".. I am sure she will be rescued.

luvofallhorses
12-24-2006, 04:55 PM
I wish I never clicked on this thread. that poor sweet girl. :( How can someone be so cruel? :mad: I hope she can be saved. :(

shais_mom
12-24-2006, 04:56 PM
I hope she can get into a boxer rescue and have a wonderful life.
poor baby...

krazyaboutkatz
12-24-2006, 04:58 PM
These pictures gave me LES.:( I'll never understand how any one could do this to an animal. It makes me mad and sad at the same time.:( :mad: At least she'll now get the care that she deserves. I hope that she'll recover quickly and will be able to find a wonderful loving home. Please continue to keep us updated about her.

Giselle
12-24-2006, 06:24 PM
Well, we're not sure what she is exactly. The shelter has 5 drop boxes that you can leave an animal anonymously and that's how we got her. We're guessing she's an owner surrender by the state that she's in. Plus, her tail is docked so she must have had an owner sometime in her life.

She's a very very special girl and I'll tell the adoption coordinator about putting her in a Boxer rescue. I think, for now, they'll just want to fatten her up and get the infection down on her vulva. She's just the sweetest creature that I've ever met and I'll make sure that she goes to a good forever home.

borzoimom
12-24-2006, 06:25 PM
Well, we're not sure what she is exactly. The shelter has 5 drop boxes that you can leave an animal anonymously and that's how we got her. We're guessing she's an owner surrender by the state that she's in. Plus, her tail is docked so she must have had an owner sometime in her life.

She's a very very special girl and I'll tell the adoption coordinator about putting her in a Boxer rescue. I think, for now, they'll just want to fatten her up and get the infection down on her vulva. She's just the sweetest creature that I've ever met and I'll make sure that she goes to a good forever home.
I do too... She looks like a real sweetie!

mike001
12-24-2006, 06:49 PM
I agree, a picture of that dog should be splashed front page of the newspapers and also televised. I wasn't prepared for those pictures either. What I would love to do to the owners who did this. I hope someone recognizes this dog and fingers the owners, this is the worst case of neglect I've ever seen.

borzoimom
12-24-2006, 06:54 PM
I agree, a picture of that dog should be splashed front page of the newspapers and also televised. I wasn't prepared for those pictures either. What I would love to do to the owners who did this. I hope someone recognizes this dog and fingers the owners, this is the worst case of neglect I've ever seen.
I AGREE- FLAT OUT UNSPEAKABLE!

Catty1
12-24-2006, 07:46 PM
Hope this will do for a start:

[email protected]

[email protected]

http://www.mondotimes.com/1/world/us/5/316 Scroll down for TV stations

KTEH, KCAH AND KQED MERGE TO FORM
NORTHERN CALIFORNIA PUBLIC BROADCASTING Contact: Yoon Lee 415-553-3338, [email protected]

KQED, Inc. (San Francisco) and KTEH Foundation (San Jose) Form New Broadcast Organization: Northern California Public Broadcasting

lute
12-24-2006, 10:43 PM
What a sad girl! i'm glad she's safe and loved now.

luvofallhorses
12-24-2006, 11:13 PM
I have to ask. is this a kill shelter? :(

Giselle
12-25-2006, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the media contacts. I'll see if the coordinator wants this on the news because all of this is under her control really. I'd love to get the media on our side so as to get her story out there and find her a good home, but it's all really the coordinator's call.

Hmm, it's a pretty tough question. The shelter doesn't euthanize dogs for space. However, they do euthanize certain dogs they deem unadoptable, and, unfortunately, that can include some dogs who've been at the shelter a long time and, in their words, "have lost the will to live". I personally don't agree with that mantra, but it does happen. This girl won't get euthanised, I'm sure. Everybody loves her too much.