PDA

View Full Version : VIRTUAL ADVENTURE: Little Orphan Annie UPDATE, with PICTURE

Soapets
12-23-2006, 09:43 PM
Little Orphan Annie just contacted me to say she's well on her way to Canada! :eek: Her flight was delayed, but she sent me a picture.

Here she is at the airport, waiting for her flight to board:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b74/PTCRAZY/Annie-at-the-airport.jpg

I didn't tell her that Willy is here. I decided she can just wait and find that out when she gets there. She doesn't deserve to see Willy for Christmas after the stunt she's pulled! :mad:

(Lorraine, PLEASE let us know when she gets there, so we will know she arrived safely!)

rg_girlca
12-23-2006, 09:48 PM
OMG!!!! So she IS on her way over here. I'm glad to hear that she is okay.

I will definitely let you know when she arrives.

Oh these little devil of ours. What are we going to do with them???? :eek:

krazyaboutkatz
12-23-2006, 09:58 PM
I'm glad that you now know where Annie is and what she's been up to. I guess both Willy and Annie should've made better plans so they would be able to finally meet each other.:)

Laura's Babies
12-23-2006, 10:42 PM
That is a PURE case of lack of communications! Now they will miss each other and it serves them right! BAD BABIES!! Couldn't ya'll have left your Mommies a note so they wouldn't worry?! :rolleyes: You both had us worried to death!! Shame! Shame! Shame!!

shais_mom
12-23-2006, 11:20 PM
:p :D

RedHedd
12-23-2006, 11:24 PM
OK you two are BAD! Santa's leaving a HUGE hairball in your stockings! So the tails of the missing cats - Annie and Willie, was merely a prank on PT'ers? I was getting really scared and upset and praying for the missing cats, and you're playing tricks on us? AGH! The stress of Christmas has been a lot on everyone - we don't need the added stress of missing cats.

Is anyone else with me on this? I don't think it's too funny. I mean, I'm glad the cats are safe at home, but you worried me! A LOT!

Soapets
12-24-2006, 01:09 AM
Ok, OK, OK! I confess! I'm guilty. I apologize for upsetting you. It is my fault. The whole thing was my idea. I started sending PM's (shown below) to people who were really concerned in their responses to Willy's thread, because it wasn't my intent to upset people.

Willy and Annie have an "internet romance" going, and we thought it would be funny to have them each "leave" home to "go visit" the other, without the other knowing about it, and find that when they arrived at each others' homes, they still didn't get to actually meet! I hope this explanation helps!

I came up with the idea last January when Lorraine and I both posted pictures of Willy and Annie in boxes, as if they were going to try to send themselves to each other. We asked kittycats_delight in November if she would help us superimpose pictures of Annie and Willy in each other's homes. We were going to post their pictures a little sooner after the original "missing" messages so people wouldn't really be worried, but because of the time zone changes we didn't get them posted as quickly as we had intended. I hope you can forgive us, and enjoy the rest of the threads now that you know the truth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapets
Please see this thread re. Willy. He's FINE (and so is Annie)! We didn't really mean to alarm people on here, and I tried to give clues in my thread about Annie that would let people know we aren't really serious. Lorraine almost had ME convinced that Willy is really missing with her thread about him, though!

I apologize if I alarmed anybody to much with this! Now that you know he really is fine, please enjoy the threads that will follow!

rg_girlca
12-24-2006, 01:20 AM
Soapets= Lorraine almost had ME convinced that Willy is really missing with her thread about him, though!

Yes, I realized how too real my post was and I deeply apologize for it. I have made changes now and I hope it isn't too late.

sasvermont
12-24-2006, 01:28 AM
I had a funny feeling that once the second kitty went "missing" that we were in for a story to end all stories. You two, is right.

I am glad they both are safe and that your little brats are safe and sound.

I shall read on......I bet they will have fun together!

;)

Barbara
12-24-2006, 05:28 AM
I think the meowmies are to blame- but only a little as I am sure they didn't want to scare us but they wanted us to have fun.
So I think it would not be nice after all that trouble that Annie and Willy whose fault it was definitely not would miss each other. Are you sure that flight Annie was waiting for is going to Canada? And Soapets- are you sure Willy is still in your house?

Soapets
12-24-2006, 07:54 AM
I'm putting this message in all of these threads about Annie and Willy:

I've corresponded with Lorraine quite a bit through PM's re. these threads. We understand why some people are upset, and we have learned a valuable lesson from this. Maybe all PT'ers can learn a valuable lesson from this. We've seen other similar threads posted, which was what gave me this idea in the first place. The problem this time was that it was made so realistic, and we think that's where we need to make sure we don't repeat the mistake.

I posted in Wenisrubber's thread about her truely missing Isis that I will always make sure that any "pretend" thread I participate in from now on is clearly marked as such.

Again, we apologize for anyone who was offended by this elaborate "hoax" and we have taken steps to change the thread titles and inform people that it is all "pretend" in the offending threads. We will continue our "story" now on a lighter note, and if people want to follow the story and play along, fine. If not, that's fine too.

catmandu
12-24-2006, 08:32 AM
i was puzzled as to how Willy could have gotten to your place, that should have been the tip off.
But having gone through the missing Moose and Pouncierge blinded me to what was a funny spoof.
I ma a little red in the face, as the Found Cats knew it all along.

Laura's Babies
12-24-2006, 09:56 AM
I didn't realize they lived so far apart but by the time he turned up, I knew it was a hoax and this was another adventure. I strongly suspected when he came up missing but later became convienced he actually was missing. One of the hints on Annie was that the sleeping bag was missing and I wondered why that would be missing.

I can see why some people got upset but I know we have all learned a lesson from it and will post in anymore of his adventures that it is a virtual adventure. I have to admitt that when Isis came up missing, I thought she was in on it too and I am sorry to learn she isn't.

I am not upset that it was a hoax as I strongly suspected it anyway so all is forgiven here with me.

(It is just to bad that so many of his first adventure thread has so many pictures removed as I have gone back to that one look to re read it a LOT and the new comers would have fun looking at it)

Killearn Kitties
12-24-2006, 12:27 PM
Aww, how can you be so hard hearted as to let Annie board a plane to Montreal, when your know that her sweetheart Willie has arrived in your house? :( How can I get a message to her?????

Edwina's Secretary
12-24-2006, 02:00 PM
It is like O. Henry's "Gift of the Magi"! What will happen next?