PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck tomorrow!

davidpizzica
12-23-2006, 04:23 PM
Tomorrow my church choir will be singing in TWO church services. The morning service will be with the children and the choir singing together, and the Christmas Eve service will have a lot of choir anthems including the Halleujah Chorus! The problem is that I'm gettting a sore throat and I hope to get through it somehow. Good thoughts?

Laura's Babies
12-23-2006, 04:36 PM
Cloraseptic, if that is spelled right...The nasty tasting stuff you spray down your throat.. Works wonders on me when mine start acting up.

Karen
12-23-2006, 04:49 PM
Good thought being sent your way - drink plenty of fluids, nothing with milk, though for an hour or so before each service. Juices or hot tea with lemon ...

Singing at the 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. services myself, my sister's church has three services at which they're performing!

borzoimom
12-23-2006, 04:53 PM
Zinc lozenges. This reverses/kills the bacteria in the soft pallet of the throat- old singers trick with the Wesminster Choir. .. Zinc is also in "cold eeze".
Chloreseptic has alcohol in it. This will blister the vocal and also being numb, it will be harder to sing.

moosmom
12-23-2006, 05:09 PM
How about Zycam???

I know you're gonna wow 'em, dude. Sing one for me, will ya? I love Oh Holy Night.

Lady's Human
12-23-2006, 05:27 PM
I second the hot tea w/lemon. Always worked wonders.

cyber-sibes
12-23-2006, 06:16 PM
Good luck, David! Wish I was there to hear the Hallelujah Chorus - I just love that! Guess I'll listen to it on the CD and pretend!

davidpizzica
12-23-2006, 06:35 PM
Good thought being sent your way - drink plenty of fluids, nothing with milk, though for an hour or so before each service. Juices or hot tea with lemon ...

Singing at the 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. services myself, my sister's church has three services at which they're performing!
Karen, the biggest challenge for me will be the halleujah chorus. We have two tenors (I'm one), two basses two altos and four sopranos. I think I'll be all halleujahed out!

davidpizzica
12-24-2006, 12:21 PM
I made it through the first church service, I rested my voice and drank plenty of water and some ice cream. The test will come tonight when we get to sing the Halleujah Chours!

Killearn Kitties
12-24-2006, 12:36 PM
Good luck! Hope you are sitting there with more lemon tea!

joycenalex
12-24-2006, 01:04 PM
more tea oh talented one. maybe a nap? let us know.

kimlovescats
12-24-2006, 01:20 PM
David, I sang in Christmas Cantatas for YEARS in church, and every year I was fighting a sore throat or laryngitis! The weather and all of the rehearsals always overwork your voice! :rolleyes: Try to drink some warm tea and suck on lemon drops and also they used to sell some spray but I can't for the life of me remember what it is called! Sorry!

Good luck!

Merry Christmas,
Kim

joycenalex
12-25-2006, 10:19 AM
and how did it go?

davidpizzica
12-25-2006, 11:16 AM
Everyone said we sounded awesome! My voice hung in there, although towards the end it was getting kind of raspy and sore. We sang a little in our Christmas day service also and I could feel it in my throat. Now I can rest it!