PDA

View Full Version : kitten poo

ashleycat
12-23-2006, 10:20 AM
I scoop out the box daily. But it smells like kitten poo still lingers. It isn't that way with adult kitty. When I scoop it out I put it in a diaper pail next to the box. It has a lid.

I can smell the difference between adult and kitten poo lol. Is kitten poo really that strong? You can tell it's been a looong time since I had a kitten. AShely is 8 yrs old now.

A plus about this kitty is that he actually COVERS his poo lol. Ashley TRIEs to but failed lol.

Jake is such a wonderful kitten. He's not crazy. He does play a lot, but that's normal for a kitten. I once had a crazy kitten. He's coming around now. I woke up with him sleeping between the pillow and the wall above my head. He was on his back (awwwww) He's coming out of hiding too. He LOVES to be cuddled. By me anyways. He puts up with Brookie holding him. He squirms a lil bit and meows every now and then. But gets away when he can get the chance lol. She just LOVES him.

She's learning boundries ;) When he wants down I have her put him down. She gets mad and cries a lot. But she will learn and get used to it. My husband said it was a bad idea getting him. Because before she didn't cry as much. But I told him she will learn and get used to it. It is a good learning experience that you have to be carefull with animals. Especially baby ones.

anyways, back onto the subject lol. How long will it be before his poo doesn't take up the whole room after it's been gone? lol Or is it cus it's still around in the trash can near by?

ashleycat
12-23-2006, 12:21 PM
I guess I could put it in smaller bags then into the pail :confused:

Freedom
12-23-2006, 12:25 PM
Can't say as I have noticed a difference. But theoretically, kitten food is different from adult cat food so it could be a different smell.

When I scoop, I scoop into a plastic bag. (I'm scooping 7 litter boxess each evening.) Then I tie the top in a knot and put it out in the trash barrel, which we keep in the garage. Maybe something like that would help? I also spray Lysol disinfectant in the area of the litter boxes.

Sandie

ashleycat
12-23-2006, 12:37 PM
guess I should move bin to garage too then lol. It's just easier in the room lol

Laura's Babies
12-23-2006, 12:38 PM
I scoop into a emprt wal mart bag and tie is shut real tight, then out in another bag and tie that... Promptly it goes to the dumpster since I don't keep a garbage can outside.

ashleycat
12-23-2006, 12:58 PM
I wish I had some sort of alarm when he's done lol. That way I can get there faster before it stnks up the place lol.

krazyaboutkatz
12-23-2006, 02:12 PM
Kittens digestive systems haven't matured yet so their poo tends to be much stinkier than adult cats. They also may have gas at times too which can smell so bad that it clears a room. What kind of kitten food are you feeding him? Some foods will help with stool ordors better than others.

I clean out my litterboxes 2 times a day and since I live on the second floor I don't always take it out right away. I've found that putting it in a ziplock bag helps to seal in the odor until I empty the trash. I also keep my trash can in the kitchen and it has a lid on it. I haven't had any major odor problems. Good luck.:)

I also sometimes have to spray some Oust if one of my cats has done something that smells really stinky.;)

ashleycat
12-23-2006, 02:45 PM
I've only had him for 2 days. I've been giving purina kitten dry.

krazyaboutkatz
12-23-2006, 03:54 PM
For my kitten Ziggy, I was feeding her Nutro Natural Indoor Kitten Formula and I found that it helped a lot with stool odors. It also helped with gas. Good luck.:)

catmandu
12-23-2006, 07:58 PM
Miquelitos poo is PU!!!!!
You can tell when that Cat went, and his aim tends to be on the side of the box, in a syruppy smelly mess.
PPPPPPPPPPPPUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And he mainly eats dry food.
I cant understand this at all.

krazyaboutkatz
12-23-2006, 10:08 PM
Miquelitos poo is PU!!!!!
You can tell when that Cat went, and his aim tends to be on the side of the box, in a syruppy smelly mess.
PPPPPPPPPPPPUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And he mainly eats dry food.
I cant understand this at all.
Gary, he sounds like my Starr except that lately Starr's been pooping on the carpet again. It's so hard to clean up mushy poops.