PDA

View Full Version : early saturday mornings

joycenalex
12-23-2006, 06:27 AM
i've had my first cup of coffee, dogs fed, cats fed, mojo on my lap as i type.
saturday is full of promise. yes i have the normal list of chores, and some extra as it's 2 days till christmas, but oh, how sweet to know the day is my own, a walk with the dogs later, time to make a good meal, share laughter with my family, maybe a chance to hear live music or see a movie tonight. i will get the see the sunlight in my kitchen as i'm writing checks later(and see all the dust bunnies on the floor too ;) ). life is good on saturdays. enjoy yours too

Kfamr
12-23-2006, 06:33 AM
I have to work! We have many catering orders going out today for tomorrow.
Good thing about Saturday, instead of 5:30am I go in at 8am. ;)

Pam
12-23-2006, 06:51 AM
i've had my first cup of coffee, dogs fed, cats fed, mojo on my lap as i type.

The same scene is repeated here too. :) Coffee by my side, dogs and cats fed and Ripley on my lap as I type. :)

I love Saturdays too. A little later on Christiansmommy will be stopping by with her family to exchange gifts and leave Harlee with us for a few days. She is traveling to her in-laws to meet up with her hubby's brother who is coming in from Guam and hubby's sister who is coming in from Boston.

Let's toast with our coffee mugs for a happy, peaceful and restful weekend. After the long work week we deserve it. ;)

catnapper
12-23-2006, 06:56 AM
Awwwww... what a sweet thread!

I wish my Saturday is as full of promise as yours, but I doubt it since I have to work all day! :D :p

joycenalex
12-23-2006, 07:38 AM
since july, i've worked most saturdays. just being in my kitchen and drinking coffee with the critters is so wonderful, i had to share. i feel the pain of the up early outta-the-door-travel-mug-in-hand crowd.

Laura's Babies
12-23-2006, 07:50 AM
I woke up this Saturday morning to find my faithful bed partner Samantha in bed with me and Chester and Amy on the floor by my bed watching me. Now they are gathered around my computer chair. It is great to be alive isn't it?

cloverfdx
12-23-2006, 08:17 AM
Enjoy your day everyone :)... hopefully it is not too hectic for you all.. especially those that have to work. It is currently 1am on Sunday morning here.. so Saturday has been and gone, we had dog training in the morning then i went and finished off my Christmas shopping ;).

Pembroke_Corgi
12-23-2006, 10:36 AM
Yes, Saturday mornings really are the best. :)

This week, due to the snow storm, I've had the last 3 days off. :eek: And at my jobs I have the next 2 weeks off....so today is an especially good Saturday. I've already cleaned and prepared- now all I need to do pick up my mom from the airport and have fun!

It's funny how we all have our Saturday routines- mine is about the same. Get up, let the dogs out, let them in, feed them & the cats, then go online with some tea and relax for a while. :D

Rachel
12-23-2006, 12:39 PM
Saturdays are my favorite too. Just running around doing errands with my husband is a pleasure because we do it together. Satuday nights are quiet ones at home, with is just fine with me.

TamanduaGirl
12-23-2006, 07:17 PM
I worked too. I have Mon and Tuesdays of but am taking tomarrow off of course. Week days off are nice most of the time. no one or few at the park less shoppers ect.

countrycowgirl
12-23-2006, 08:12 PM
Yes this morning was so nice and full of promise I woke up at 5 and feed the dogs got dressed and watched the sun rise went to go feed my horses and cows in the beautiful crisp morning air... came back to the house and drank some coffee before heading to work to take care of the sweet furkids there!!(I work at a vet's clinic) it was a really great morning I hope that everyone else had one too!

joycenalex
12-30-2006, 12:47 PM
up early again, coffee, critters and the glow of the christmas tree at 6:30am, back to bed till 8, then out in the yard to keep raking MORE leaves, cut the grass, for the very last time in 2006(for sure :D ) and working on the mounds of laundry. another saturday.

slick
12-30-2006, 02:05 PM
12 Noon here and to me it's still morning as I'm still in my comfy, cozy flannelette nightgown. I've been working at my dining room table and Max has been helping me finally get some Christmas stuff ready to send in the mail. Have to go to the PO later so I guess that means I have to get dressed and clean myself up. :(

Later, I've got some housecleaning to do but will be enjoying a very relaxing evening and lazy Sunday and Monday. Tuesday, it's back to work.

kimlovescats
12-30-2006, 02:14 PM
What a nice thread. It's nice to see so many of us enjoying the simple pleasures in life!!! Thank you! :)

Cinder & Smoke
12-30-2006, 04:32 PM
... then out in the yard to keep raking MORE leaves,

cut the grass,
for the very last time in 2006 (for sure :D ) ...

:eek:

"Cut the GRASS" :eek: :p :(

I can remember having to take the Snow Blade off "Odd Job" (the Kubota Tractor)
and re-connect "Woody" (the rear-mounted Mower) -
for a Christmas weekend of Lawn Mowin many years ago ...
50-60 Degrees that day, and it had been warm for almost two weeks -
long enough to completely confuse the grass & weeds into thinking it was "spring"!

Within a week we had a foot of SNOW - and I was re-mounting the Snow Blade!

I vowed that year that "we" would NOT be rolling out the "Lawn MAintenance Crew"
after Turkey Day ... (wishful thinkin!)

I noticed today (55 Degrees) ... the darn Grass is GREEN in spots -
and is most definately *GROWING*!

:eek:

I keep hoping ...
After 30 years of guiding Odd Job around the same Ranch ...
he'd have Learned the Route and could tow ole Woody around without ME riding along ...

Hey CINDER --- Wanna go for a Tractor Ride? Hop On - and keep a lil overlap on each pass!
Smokey can drive OJ later if you get tired.

;)

lizbud
12-30-2006, 05:11 PM
Hey, no grass cutting here. :p My spring flowers are peeking out much
to soon. :(

I do love Saturdays. I always thought of it as the best day of the week
from my old school days & through days of work 9-5. This is a great idea
for a feel good thread. :)

joycenalex
12-31-2006, 10:31 AM
...and since it's raining now, no more yard work for 2006 either :) :D . happy new year all!

Cinder & Smoke
12-31-2006, 11:15 AM
... and since it's raining now,

no more yard work for 2006 either :) :D

:D

Raining? ... Some would call it a Monsoon!
The Ranch looks like it's surrounded by a Rice Paddy! :eek:

"Odd Job" would sink if he put a tire on the "lawn".
Bowser has to take a Deep Breath before he jumps off the bottom step to take an outie.

And we'll prolly have *snow* on the 4th of July! :rolleyes:

HAPPIE NEW YEAR! :)

pitc9
12-31-2006, 11:26 AM
This is a nice thread you've started Joyce!
Well... I was blessed to have Buddy let me sleep till 9:30 (after his 7:30am potty call :rolleyes: )
I've been cleaning and slowly putting Christmas decorations away.
My hubby will be home tonight at 7:00 and will leave to go back to work Tuesday morning at 3am.
I try to make sure the house is spotless top to bottom for his 1 day home a week.
I should be out in the yard :o I have poo to pick up, leaves, and yeah... I could mow the lawn... but it would be far to weird to do that on Dec 31st!
And yes ... I think we'll have snow on the 4th of July also!
Tonight we get to ring in the new year with his family, it will be fun.
I wish you all the best life can bring you in 2007!

joycenalex
02-17-2007, 08:56 AM
made an extra good pot of coffee this morning, which i shared with the paper guy, he looked so cold. the snow is gently falling (again), the dog prints are covered, so the yard looks pretty. first outside chore is driveway duty, we're supposed to get 3 inches . i've got a trip to the bank, post office, grocery store then a haircut for today. tonights' dinner is mexican style enchilladas with rice and guacamole, watch a movie or maybe finish taxes (wail, weep, moan). what are your plans?

sirrahbed
02-17-2007, 09:28 AM
I like this thread :)

The snow outside is so pretty with huge flakes falling slowly - that really perfect kind of snow. We are staying IN for sure. sirrahned has made a nice fire in the buckstove and finished shoveling the driveway. All five cats are sleeping on the bed.

Our grandkids are coming over for lunch soon and I am fixing some yummy italian sausage and peppers - with penne. YUM. I got the recipe from Foodnetwork (Giada) and made it a few weeks ago - so good it will be a regular I am sure.

Tonight will be movie and popcorn - here at home :D

TFTpwnsYou
02-17-2007, 09:35 AM
Mine is pretty much the same everyday. Wake up around 9:30-10ish, brush teeth, let dogs out, make coffee, turn on the computer, clean up a little bit (today vaccumed as well), then I get my coffee and sit here while the dogs run around like maniacs. Then at 11 the dogs eat, and what happens the rest of the day is unknown. Although with the weather it's all definitely inside.

Pembroke_Corgi
02-17-2007, 09:58 AM
Everyone's day sounds relaxing. I'm not sure what we will do yet- we are definitely going to the library, and we will probably go grocery shopping, maybe go to the park since it's really sunny here today. I'm hoping to get those late w2's in the mail today so I can finish our taxes...they are almost done! Not to much of anything, just a nice, relaxing day. :D

DrKym
02-17-2007, 10:37 AM
What a wonderful thread!!
I was able to stay in bed, Jas is still spoiling me a little, watched the flakes fall, cuddled with my son and the kittens, watched really bad cartoons for a bit. Came out thinking I would do the cages and the bird room, but Jas had them all done already, so after a stint here on PT will be sitting and finishing up the blankie for my newest Grandaughter (was able to get several things made while I was in hospital) and send it off on Monday morning!

RobiLee
02-17-2007, 10:52 AM
Well, I didn't even get out of bed til 11am :eek: . That is super late for me. I must have been really tired. I just finished eating some oatmeal while surfing pt and watching the snow flurries fly around. Weather calls for 1-2 inches but I kind of doubt that. Now I'm going to get off of here and chat with Alden for a bit and then start cleaning out my closet and drawers. I have so many clothes that I no longer wear or that no longer fit me so I need to get those boxed up and out of here. Its a good day to stay inside and do that kind of thing. I plan on finding a good movie to watch later on this evening. I love having the weekends off!

Have a great day everyone!! :)

Twisterdog
02-17-2007, 10:59 AM
10:00 am on a Saturday morning here. I'm drinking coffee and goofing around on the computer, still in my robe. The kids are all still asleep, and hubby is doing some dumb thing for work. Aaaaahhhhhh, peaceful house, all alone! I LOVE that! :D

Of course I have 28,347 things to do today, and so far I haven't even managed to accomplish taking a shower! *sigh* :rolleyes:

PJ's Mom
02-17-2007, 11:06 AM
I got to sleep til 9 before getting up and taking the dogs out. Now I'm eating grapes and browsing PT looking for pics I may have missed. Now I have to actually get off my butt and do some cleaning around here. :p I also have to go to work at 3. :(

joycenalex
06-16-2007, 06:52 AM
the cats got crunchies, alex and peanut get outies and breakfast, then i get my first cup of coffee. i've worked so much and so hard for these too rare moments, the yard looks fine, the dogs are checking the bunny holes under the shed, 2 loads of laundry are done and put away, the a/c guy is coming for the maintaince check in an hour, the farmers market will have something wonderful for dinner. in a little bit i'll be back outside with a book and coffee. life is good.
what are your summer saturday plans?

pitc9
06-16-2007, 08:13 AM
Wow Joyce! Can I come over!

I'm here at work... ugh... only till 12:30, then I'll stop on my way home and pick up lunch.
My hubby plans on having our house on the market next month :eek: so once I get home I'll have to paint the spare bedroom, then once pain dries I'll set the bed up and make it look like a bedroom. (we used to have a bed in there, but then it became the junk room and we took the bed down to make room for more junk!)
After that I'm sure my hubby will have a list of other things for me to do.
Once I'm done with his list I'll have to find time to make dinner and clean the house, I also need to get out in the yard and weed my flower beds too!
Oh what fun... :rolleyes:
I used to like Saturday's, when I was able to relax and enjoy the day. :(

joycenalex
07-05-2008, 09:13 AM
yes, i still get up early, peanut wants an outie, both she and the magic cat are very clear that they want their crunchies. i still turn the TV on to watch marshall do weather and mindy read the news, somehow my first cuppa of coffee evaporates too quickly. summer saturdays are so full of promise and plans, laundry, dog walk, farmers market, groceries, yard work. i don't cut the grass anylonger, but i supervise ben a great kid by the way. tonight, cookout with friends, tomorrow am, the patio, coffee, the paper bacon and eggs and sunshine. life is good, and i'm a lucky woman. enjoy your weekend too.

Alysser
07-05-2008, 02:02 PM
I have work all weekend, I just got home from work. It was pouring so they let us go home early. Blah, tommorow I work 9:30-5. I LOVE coming in at 9:30 when I'm in the same area as my friends but I don't think I am tommorow. I get to do FUN chores like sweep, stock the games, open the games, clean the back room, ORGANIZE the back room, etc. ;) SO exciting. :p

CathyBogart
07-05-2008, 02:27 PM
I have relatives driving in from out of state this afternoon, so I'm going to be lazy all morning and spend the afternoon with them.

joycenalex
07-12-2008, 06:33 AM
it's supposed to rain later today, so i'm gonna finish this coffee, then out to pull weeds, then pull out the lemon balm bed..i'm planning on planting something new there. i saw a reddish ornamental grass i'd like along the east fence line. tonight, helena, she of of 4 years old and a serious need to have me paint her toe nails will be staying over. we're going to go to the near by school fair, ride the rides and eat cotton candy....hey does this mean i'm turning into my grandma?

DJFyrewolf36
07-12-2008, 09:01 AM
I got off of work about an hour ago. I got the chance to take some random pictures and pet the kitties. I have a cold, which stinks and work was an extreme pain in the butt but now I can sit back and relax after eating a good breakfast. I have to sleep most of the day so I can go to work at midnight but at least I get to enjoy the morning! :D Around here, its the best time of day.
Hope everyone is enjoying Saturday!

joycenalex
10-11-2008, 07:00 AM
i just finished my first mug of coffee. outside the computer room window, the neighbors' sugar maple is beautiful . the rising sun is turning the colors flame orange against the cloudless blue sky, amazing the colors a tree can seem. a long walk with the dog today is gonna happen late this afternoon. magic cat, the shiest cat on the planet has come over to demand his ear rubs, his mother, mojo is ms social, pet me know and admire my beautiful soft coat has climbed up next to him on my lap so i'm holding 22# of wiggle and arm stretch for the keyyboard. life is good. enjoy your saturday

caseysmom
11-01-2008, 11:37 AM
It is so quiet and peaceful, we are having our first rain of the season and I have the window open and I am enjoying the sound of the light rain with my morning coffee.

kitten645
11-01-2008, 12:54 PM
What great posts! I do love Sat mornings too. There's a light rain outside and it's warm with my two boys purring away. I'm fixing to get on my Wellies and go to the farmers market for some fresh food from local farms. Life is good :love:
Claudia

Cinder & Smoke
11-01-2008, 01:25 PM
There's a light rain outside ...
I'm fixing to get on my Wellies
and go to the farmers market ...

OK ... :confused:
WHAT are "Wellies" ??

I figgered it was a Jeep or a bike ... not so!

Wellington boot

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/ba/Wellies.jpg/240px-Wellies.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Wellies.jpg)
A pair of Wellington boots

The Wellington boot, also known as a wellie, a topboot, a gumboot, or a rubber boot, is a type of boot (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boot) based upon Hessian boots (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hessian_boot). It was worn and popularised by Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington and fashionable among the British aristocracy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aristocracy) in the early 19th century.
Wellington boots are waterproof and are most often made from Polyvinyl Chloride (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyvinyl_Chloride) (PVC) a halogenated polymer (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Halogenated_polymer&action=edit&redlink=1). They are usually worn when walking on wet or muddy ground, or to protect the wearer from heavy showers. They are generally just below knee-high.

I've had a few pairs like that ... bit I always called 'em my FIRE Boots!

caseysmom
11-01-2008, 03:04 PM
OK ... :confused:
WHAT are "Wellies" ??

I figgered it was a Jeep or a bike ... not so!

Wellington boot

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/ba/Wellies.jpg/240px-Wellies.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Wellies.jpg)
A pair of Wellington boots

The Wellington boot, also known as a wellie, a topboot, a gumboot, or a rubber boot, is a type of boot (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boot) based upon Hessian boots (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hessian_boot). It was worn and popularised by Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington and fashionable among the British aristocracy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aristocracy) in the early 19th century.
Wellington boots are waterproof and are most often made from Polyvinyl Chloride (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyvinyl_Chloride) (PVC) a halogenated polymer (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Halogenated_polymer&action=edit&redlink=1). They are usually worn when walking on wet or muddy ground, or to protect the wearer from heavy showers. They are generally just below knee-high.

I've had a few pairs like that ... bit I always called 'em my FIRE Boots!

There are a lot more fashionable selections available now...colors, flowers...you name it.

kitten645
11-01-2008, 03:09 PM
A fireman that doesn't know what "wellies" are? :eek:;) Mine happen to be leopard print! I'm glad I bought them last year. Our farmers market is actually on a farm! :eek: As in dirt! It was worth it to have them if I only use them today! Had to trek thru some major mud to get my fresh eggies and butter. Yummo! I actually really like the rain (she says snuggled under a throw and two kitties and seasons 1-3 of Will and Grace on dvd :p)