PDA

View Full Version : AKC name for Keva?

wolf_Q
12-22-2006, 09:50 PM
Keva has AKC papers I just haven't sent them in yet. I have no idea what to put as her registered name, any ideas? :o I'm not planning on showing or breeding her, she will be spayed at about 5-6 months old, I'd just like to get the papers, don't you need them for AKC events? Not that it's likely I'd be competing in agility or anything like that, but hey, I'd like to have the papers anyway.

molucass
12-22-2006, 09:54 PM
I understand the thing of just wanting their papers.

We have Deebo's and we got Skylar's too when we had her.

Deebo's registered name is "Sir Deebo Jose' Hall", and Skylar's name was
"Patton's Sky Blue Angel".

I'll come back and post if I think up anything for her name..

cloverfdx
12-23-2006, 08:00 AM
I can only think of Snow Angel at the moment Amy but i will add more as i think of them :).

areias
12-23-2006, 10:22 AM
You could do something simple but special...like Amy's Darling Keva or something.

borzoimom
12-23-2006, 10:38 AM
Keva has AKC papers I just haven't sent them in yet. I have no idea what to put as her registered name, any ideas? :o I'm not planning on showing or breeding her, she will be spayed at about 5-6 months old, I'd just like to get the papers, don't you need them for AKC events? Not that it's likely I'd be competing in agility or anything like that, but hey, I'd like to have the papers anyway.
Okay- pm me with the names of the parents- I am pretty good at this.. lol.. :D

Danegirl2208
12-23-2006, 12:04 PM
Keva means Beautiful child..maybe you can do something with that? im really no good at registered names :rolleyes:

Flatcoatluver
12-23-2006, 01:31 PM
Keva means Beautiful child..maybe you can do something with that? im really no good at registered names :rolleyes:
I am not good at registered names, Zoey's is just Zoey Marie. But I do like that idea of something a long the ideas Beautiful Child.

husky 1
12-23-2006, 03:08 PM
My black/ white male sibe pup i am getting will hopefully be BLACK KAVIK or BLACK NAVAJO, but took me a while to decide. For a bitch i am not too sure , sorry huni.

borzoimom
12-23-2006, 03:28 PM
I think something can be done with that one. ... Beautiful Child of Winter... lol..

Kfamr
12-23-2006, 04:20 PM
Maybe something U2 inspired?
The Sweetest Thing Keva

Or something doing with Nebo?

Nebo's Blue Eyed Lady?

cyber-sibes
12-23-2006, 05:54 PM
If you don't plan to show or breed, it's not such a big deal to include the kennel name or your name for that matter. If you can see her papers, you might find a really lovely name that repeats itself in several of the dogs in her line. In Star's, there were several that included "Angel" and "Sasha" (although we didn't use them, I still liked them) Maybe use something about her that you like, Keva's Saphire Blues or something like that. Does Nebo have a registered name? You could make a related name for her.

Sherman is Destiny's Raise the Bar - he's from a kennel that shows. I think it's weird.
Star is AKC registered as Blue Moon Star - son, hubs, & I each contributed one name & then combined them.

Suki Wingy
12-23-2006, 06:36 PM
I like Kay's ideas of incorporating a U2 song.
I reccomend browsing dog or horse show results to get something you like, then you can change it a bit. Here's a site with a whole bunch of show names for horses, but I think most of them could be used for dogs too.
http://www.equineshowcase.com/names.htm

wolfsoul
12-23-2006, 11:39 PM
Is there anything you want the name to be about? One of my favourite things is making up registered names. I haven't even sent in Solo's papers yet lol. Some of my favourite names, some that I may use in the future, are: Strawberry Wine, Lily-A-Passion, TurnAround BrightEyes, Moonlight Sonata, Twist of Fate, Total Eclipse, Sweeter than Wine, Favourite Mistake..I have so many that I think of all the time.

tikeyas_mom
12-24-2006, 01:21 AM
i like Moonlight Sonata

Twisterdog
12-24-2006, 02:11 AM
We never sent Rosie's papers in ... DH lost them. :rolleyes: But when we were thinking of names, he wanted to name her something serious that tied in with his last bulldog's name. He decided on either Tomorrow's Rosie Dawn or Rosie Dawn of Tomorrow, or something like that. I told him I thought her registered name should be Miss Squishy Porkchop. ;) The family unanimously and immediately decided that was THE name for her.

My sister's dog's name is Lazer. Her registered name is Brenda's Lazer Wolfie. I think that's funny ... this big, majestic Sibe - named Lazer Wolfie. LOL

How about Nebo's BlueEyed Keva? Nebo's Keva BlueEyes?

AllAmericanPUP
12-24-2006, 10:38 PM
omg what a cute puppy!!
i seriously need to check in here more often. everybody's getting adorable puppies

wolf_Q
12-27-2006, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the great suggestions everyone! I didn't even know her name meant "Beautiful child" :o I like that though. I'll let you guys know what I decide.

Vermontcat
01-03-2007, 09:26 PM
Have you decided on a name yet?
I meant to reply to this thread earlier but never had the time.
I like the idea of using a U2 song for her name.
Here are a few ideas.

Ultraviolet Acrobat Keva
Vertigo Party Girl Keva
Beautiful Day Keva
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me Keva

Kfamr
01-03-2007, 10:22 PM
You must tell us what you've chosen!

Husky_mom
01-04-2007, 11:54 AM
following Kay´s suggestion........

Keva the Winter Wolf