PDA

View Full Version : Marigold...

Cookiebaker
12-22-2006, 11:35 AM
As a bit of background, we remodeled our kitchen this past summer. During the course of the remodel, Marigold got pretty upset with all the changes. Starting in about September, she started marking in the new kitchen, which we were pretty unhappy about. And it kind of came to a head last week when I came down for breakfast and found yet another puddle on the counter.

We went to the vet this morning for a consultation. Honestly, we are at the end of our ropes about this issue. Mark is really upset about the situation, and I am having a really hard time dealing with it, too.

They did a urinalysis and an ultrasound on her, and didn't find anything too drastic, but did find some blood in her urine. So the vet thinks it might be a combo of anxiety and (I can't remember the exact term) but an irritation of the bladder lining.

SO, we are giving her one more chance. She is now on Cosequin (glucosamine) for her bladder lining, and also Amitriptyline for anxiety.

Please pray that she will not mark in the house any more! I am really scared that she is going to wig out when the baby comes, and that is going to make the situation so much worse. And if she does continue to mark in the house, I am scared to think of what we are going to face. I love her to pieces, and this is breaking my heart. But we just can't have cat pee everywhere in the house, either. :(

Laura's Babies
12-22-2006, 11:50 AM
I would try confining her for awhile, in a small bathroom or somewhere before I did anything drastic with her but lets hope the meds do their trick and the problem clears up.

Freedom
12-22-2006, 02:53 PM
Hoping the meds help. I agree with Laura, confining her to a small area with acccess to a water dish and her litter box is the best thing - retraining.

catmandu
12-22-2006, 05:42 PM
My Friend Helen At The Animal Welfare Says That The Number One Reason For Cat And Dog Surrenders Is Marking Or Messing In The House.
We Pray That Marigolds Meds Worked, As We Know How Annoying A Dirty Companion Can Be.

krazyaboutkatz
12-22-2006, 10:05 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that you're having these this problem.:( Have you tried cat attract litter yet? It's supposed to work very well. Here's a link to it:Cat Attract Litter (http://cats.about.com/cs/litterbox/fr/catattract.htm). I hope that you'll be able to find a solution to this problem. Good luck.:)

jenluckenbach
12-23-2006, 05:24 AM
Mt vet also suggests confinig to a small room to "re-train" and also give the amyitriptylin a chance to start working.

GOOD LUCK!