PDA

View Full Version : Rosie Versus The Donald

Pam
12-21-2006, 08:47 PM
I was just watching Larry King and they were covering this story. I had no idea this was going on since I never watch The View and certainly would never ever watch it now that Rosie is on. The story is here:
http://www.etonline.com/tv/news/38140/index.html
I was just wondering if anyone here would care to participate in a silly poll about it. Though I don't have any great love for Donald Trump I like Rosie even less. I think she is a loud mouth opinionated person who thinks she is the last word on everything. She just got over the whole Kelly Ripa incident and now here she goes again. :rolleyes:

Who do you think is the greater jerk? :p

(Oops, I did something wrong and the poll feature didn't work.) :rolleyes:

Daisy and Delilah
12-21-2006, 09:27 PM
This whole thing is so incredibly bizarre, Pam, I'm having a hard time believing that this argument is legitimate. I heard someone today make a remark that many people think it's a publicity stunt. To say which of these two is the bigger jerk......what a toss up.

I agree with you about Rosie 100%. She can't seem to keep her mouth shut about anything. She's so arrogant, it's sickening. Of course, so is Donald Trump. Does anyone know why she would get so upset about Trump's decision anyway? What were her thoughts on the Miss USA thing? As I said several months ago, how in the world do her partner and her children tolerate her? Her obnoxious attitude would get real old real quick I would think. :(

lisalee
12-21-2006, 09:40 PM
Wow! I could not believe how harsh these two were to each other, especially the Donald. I kinda like Rosie, I find her quite amusing and a very intelligent woman. I think Donald's words were down right nasty to Rosie and most of what he said uncalled for. I will have to go on Rosie's side on this one. :)

sparks19
12-21-2006, 09:49 PM
LOL what a load of Bull. First of all, these people are paid to entertain me. I don't want to hear what they think. here is a quarter.... DANCE MONKEY.

Second of all, when are the "doody face" and "stupid head" insults going to come out. After all, I can only assume this argument is descending the age scale.

I can't stand Rosie and I'm not a huge fan of "the donald" either. I wish they would both just shut their cake holes because I could honestly care less about their opinion of a girl who is simply there to look good in a bikini. Rosie is pissed she could never BE that woman and wants her to suffer.... and the Donald just wants to bed her.

I don't know about the rest of you but I am sick of Celebs who think THEY are in a position to tell us how we should feel and think and push their stupid views on everyone that watches. Like I said.... they are paid to ENTERTAIN ME.... Dance monkey DANCE.

catland
12-21-2006, 10:33 PM
SND - (slow news day :rolleyes: )

cali
12-21-2006, 10:58 PM
Rosie all the way! lol I have never liked Trump but I have likes Rosie since I was a little kid and I havent stopped, her attitude is very similer to mine, so I see myself in her views, frankly its all the other ladys on the view that annoy the living heck out of me, and I would have no problem seeing leave lol

elizabethann
12-22-2006, 07:26 AM
LOL what a load of Bull. First of all, these people are paid to entertain me. I don't want to hear what they think. here is a quarter.... DANCE MONKEY.

Second of all, when are the "doody face" and "stupid head" insults going to come out. After all, I can only assume this argument is descending the age scale.

I can't stand Rosie and I'm not a huge fan of "the donald" either. I wish they would both just shut their cake holes because I could honestly care less about their opinion of a girl who is simply there to look good in a bikini. Rosie is pissed she could never BE that woman and wants her to suffer.... and the Donald just wants to bed her.

I don't know about the rest of you but I am sick of Celebs who think THEY are in a position to tell us how we should feel and think and push their stupid views on everyone that watches. Like I said.... they are paid to ENTERTAIN ME.... Dance monkey DANCE.

LOL. Thanks for making my morning. Dance monkey...dance! That is funny. :D

P.S. The Donald was on Larry King Live last night & he was saying some mean & horrible things about Rosie (who I dislike). But I couldn't believe some of the words that were coming out of his mouth. I guess money can't buy class. :D

Laura's Babies
12-22-2006, 09:13 AM
I didn't like that other woman on The View but since Rosie has been on there, I quit watching it altogether! I can't stand her! I take take far more of The Donald than I can of Rosie. Ewwww!

lizbud
12-22-2006, 10:34 AM
Since I am a news fanatic I do read news from many sources every day.
It's sort of an addiction for me. I think this whole spat is a riot to watch.
I must say, Rosie's imitation of trump's speech on miss America very funny.
it's a dead on imitation. :) I don't usually read the "celebrity news" but it
was a slow news day. :p

lvpets2002
12-22-2006, 10:40 AM
:p Oh they both make me Chukkle.. As I say Two Peas in a Pod for the ducking it out.. I have never taken them serious.. :D

sparks19
12-22-2006, 12:36 PM
What I don't u nderstand.... Rosie is always angry about something. How can someone go through life being so angry all the time. And what an insignificant thing to get so up in arms about.

They are both acting like children and it is sad that this is "news" lol

Flatcoatluver
12-22-2006, 12:50 PM
P.S. The Donald was on Larry King Live last night & he was saying some mean & horrible things about Rosie (who I dislike). But I couldn't believe some of the words that were coming out of his mouth. I guess money can't buy class. :D
Yes, I may not like Rosie. But what a jerk! He was saying some really rude things. Calling her a mess, loser, fat, and the list goes on and on. I could tell Larry was a little shock at some moments with all Donald was saying.

But in general, they need to stop this arrogent fight. It's Christmas time, you know peace on earth, right?

Pam
12-22-2006, 01:06 PM
They are both so overly full of themselves that it is pathetic. I can't understand, though, why Rosie even cared to mention the whole Miss USA thing. What does that have to do with her? Why does she care? She just seems to love to *stir the pot.* I feel that The Donald was right to defend himself but some of his remarks sounded like the kinds of things that children hurl at each other on the playground at recess.

I have to wonder how do these types of people become rich and famous in the first place. :confused: :rolleyes:

Sophist
12-22-2006, 01:54 PM
Don't like either of them, so really don't care. All I can add is that O'Donnell (sp?) is sure getting a heck of a lot of publicity for the View by going off half-cocked and being ignorant, abrasive, quick to take offense, and insensitive.

I went years and years without hearing about the View, and now a fued with Clay Aiken? Upsetting the Asian community leaders? Taking on Trump? :rolleyes:

Whatever props up ratings, I guess.

kuhio98
12-22-2006, 03:36 PM
LOL what a load of Bull. First of all, these people are paid to entertain me. I don't want to hear what they think. here is a quarter.... DANCE MONKEY......

I don't know about the rest of you but I am sick of Celebs who think THEY are in a position to tell us how we should feel and think and push their stupid views on everyone that watches. Like I said.... they are paid to ENTERTAIN ME.... Dance monkey DANCE.I'm laughing so hard, I think I wet myself! LOL I love it! Totally agree. Shut up and dance! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_12_6.gif

I thank goodness for freedom of speech, but I'm sick of these self-important celebs who seem to feel an obligation to tell us about the world. Shut up and just stand there and look pretty and collect your paycheck! :p Shut up George Clooney. Shut up Sean Penn. Shut up Bradgelinia. Shut up Rosie and shut up Donald! :p

cmayer31
12-22-2006, 04:45 PM
I really, really don't like Rosie, and her comments here Missing Climbers (http://www.katu.com/news/local/4968916.html) really make me wish she would just disappear. She just jumps on bandwagons to get people riled up and make her point. She knows nothing about the link that I posted and just flapped her mouth on and on about the topic. I hope that if her private jet goes down in the mountains that we don’t spend the money to find her either.

I don't even watch the news anymore because I'm sick of celebrities.

RICHARD
12-23-2006, 12:14 PM
I have to wonder how do these types of people become rich and famous in the first place. :confused: :rolleyes:

Like Sparks said....One quarter at a time!

---------------------------------

The Monkey Time
Curtis Mayfield

Now there's a place right across town, whenever you're ready
Where the people gather 'round, whenever they're ready
And then the music begins to play
You feel a groove comin' on its way

Are you ready? Yes I'm ready.
You get yours, I got mine
For the monkey time, monkey time

Now this dance that the people do, don't know how it started
All I know is when the beat brings the feel
it's hard to get parted
And then the music begins to play
And automatically you're on your way

for the monkey time, monkey time

Do the monkey yeah,
Do the monkey yeah,
Do the monkey yeah, yeah
Do the monkey yeah, yeah

Twist them hips
Let your backbone slip
Now move your feet
Get on the beat

for the monkey time, monkey time

cyber-sibes
12-23-2006, 10:49 PM
I guess money can't buy class. :D :D They're both living proof of that!

I don't watch either of them, or the Miss Universe thing, but it all seems like one more case where Hollywood thinks the entire world really gives a hoot about their petty lives. I did see the Donald's speech about giving Miss Universe another chance, followed by her boo-hooing apology. The newcaster's comment sums it up- "She deserves an Emmy for that one!"

sparks19
12-24-2006, 10:13 AM
I honestly don't see what the big deal about what Trump did is anyway. why does it affect Rosie so much.

I think he did the right thing. Even though I am SURE this was not his intention but by telling that girl she can keep her crown IF she completes rehab he really might have helped turn her life around.

Rosie is just angry and doesn't even know WHY she is angry. I'm sure if you asked her the specifics of her "problem" she wouldn't have a clue what to say. She just hates things for the sake of hating things.... she has no idea why she really hates it.

Edwina's Secretary
12-24-2006, 02:12 PM
Let's see....Trump left his first wife for a young babe, dumped her when it might start costing him some serious money, engages in questionable business practices, hids his business failures behind creative reporting, make a tv show out of treating employees in an abusive manner (and fires his assistant on it when she gets too uppity), brags that changing diapers and other childcare duties are beneath him, and buys a business that parades half-dressed young women around for his financial gain. He is arrogant, rude, nasty and offensive and will say and do most anything for publicity.

Ever notice how often he has run-ins with strong women (Rosie, Martha Stewart, etc????)

Great role model.....for a misogynist...

sparks19
12-24-2006, 09:19 PM
Let's see....Trump left his first wife for a young babe, dumped her when it might start costing him some serious money, engages in questionable business practices, hids his business failures behind creative reporting, make a tv show out of treating employees in an abusive manner (and fires his assistant on it when she gets too uppity), brags that changing diapers and other childcare duties are beneath him, and buys a business that parades half-dressed young women around for his financial gain. He is arrogant, rude, nasty and offensive and will say and do most anything for publicity.

Ever notice how often he has run-ins with strong women (Rosie, Martha Stewart, etc????)

Great role model.....for a misogynist...

Is anyone disagreeing with this point?

No one that I have noticed is disagreeing.

I however, just want to know why it affects Rosie so much and why she must cause such a big to do about it all. Plus, why do they BOTH have to act like children. I perosonally do NOT want a celebrity to tell me what I SHOULD think and how I SHOULD feel about anything. They are paid to entertain me, not tell me how I should feel.

I just find that more often than not Rosie is bitching about something and doesn't even seem to understand it. she just wants to complain no matter what.

Just for the record though, I think Trump is a sleeze as well but lets face it.... Miss USA isn't exactly made out to be a prim and proper young woman now is she. She is basically just a product made from her incredible body. They only want her to look good in a bikini.

I'm just sick of the constant whining

RICHARD
12-24-2006, 11:41 PM

Yes, ME!

Like what is different from the Trumpster and all other rich AHs?

Hugh Hefner.
Larry Flynt
Newt Gingirch - He is classic......
"Honey, I know you have cancer and are going to have surgery...I'm leaving!'

And pretty much anyone with a Willie...No, I do not mean Hillary Clinton! :eek:

AND THE BEAT GOES ON!

Let's look at
Carly Fiorina
Martha Stewart
Nancy Pelosi

=============
This is another example of the breakdown of civility in our culture.

Sme pompous jerk talking about suing someone's fat arse and another not wanting to "turn the other fat arse cheek" ;)

File this under people who pay to have someone else clean their rear ends
because I have money......

Or as my mom says...

Who cares! As long as they don't use my rear end... :D

Pam
12-25-2006, 06:44 AM
I really, really don't like Rosie, and her comments here Missing Climbers (http://www.katu.com/news/local/4968916.html) really make me wish she would just disappear. She just jumps on bandwagons to get people riled up and make her point. She knows nothing about the link that I posted and just flapped her mouth on and on about the topic. I hope that if her private jet goes down in the mountains that we don’t spend the money to find her either.

I don't even watch the news anymore because I'm sick of celebrities.

I hadn't heard her comments before on this topic. It is just a further example of her desire to stir the pot with her comments without knowing the facts. She is a bunch of hot air.

Actually I imagine the purpose of The View is to get differing opinions on different topics. The few times I have watched it (years ago) not one of those ladies expressed my view. It is a program that I respect as much as the National Enquirer. :rolleyes:

I agree with you that if Rosie ever needs rescuing we don't bother with a search. All of her hot air is probably contributing to global warming. :p That also goes for The Donald in my opinion too. :rolleyes:

Joannie
12-25-2006, 08:38 AM
Bailey,Beaner,Patches and Bitsey want to wish everyone a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Marigold2
12-26-2006, 11:29 AM
Rosie is like a Brillo Pad. Also rough, also trying to rub someone the wrong way.

Edwina's Secretary
12-26-2006, 02:29 PM

No one that I have noticed is disagreeing.

I'm just sick of the constant whining

The question was....who is the greater jerk. I don't know much about Rosie. I was expressing my opinion that the Donald is one VERY big jerk. What possible difference does it make if anyone disagrees?

I am confused? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Also confused as to who is whining? :confused: :confused:

momoffuzzyfaces
12-26-2006, 03:06 PM
I don't like either rosie or donald but rosie really riles me.
I don't watch the view very often but get bored and channel surf sometimes.
She has taken over the view. Every time I click on that station she is shooting her mouth off. The other's hardly get a word in edgewise because rosie talks right over them. Elizabeth was trying to say something the other day but finally gave up because big mouth wouldn't shut up. might as well change the name to the rosie show because with her on it, no one else's view counts any more. :p

Dorothy39
12-26-2006, 04:21 PM
Too much "Monkey Business" for me folks :cool:

Those two won't be remembered 50 years from now anyway~ :D

moosmom
12-26-2006, 04:43 PM

I don't know about the rest of you but I am sick of Celebs who think THEY are in a position to tell us how we should feel and think and push their stupid views on everyone that watches. Like I said.... they are paid to ENTERTAIN ME.... Dance monkey DANCE

You took the words right outta my mouth!!! On another note, I really think Trump (I HATE referring to him as "The Donald") needs a new hairdresser. His hair looks like a rat's nest (nothing personal to all the ratties on this board).

cassiesmom
12-26-2006, 08:32 PM
I wonder what Rosie would have said if the Donald had dumped Miss USA for the remainder of her term. I think he did the right thing.

dukedogsmom
12-26-2006, 10:04 PM
I CANNOT stand Rosie! I think it's great that Donald is retaliating.

Marigold2
02-19-2007, 09:55 PM
I think Donald is jealous because Rosie is so pretty and Rosie is jealous because Donald has better hair.:p

wombat2u2004
02-20-2007, 05:42 AM
ROFLMAO

I think Donald is jealous because Rosie is so pretty and Rosie is jealous because Donald has better hair.:p