PDA

View Full Version : Pass the Gravy?

RICHARD
12-21-2006, 12:25 PM
I have had it with the Edster.....

HE knows where the wet food is.

HE knows how to open the box and pull out the flavor he wants.

Turkey, seafood and chicken....and I thought he couldn't read.

He knows to pull out the packet, put a few teeth marks in it and MEOW loudly so I can finish the job.

He cannot wait....as soon as the first morsel hit the plate he shoves his head in the way of the chunks and gravy.,....I have splashed him more than once.

He then proceeds to slurp up the gravy and leaves the chunks in the dish.. :rolleyes:

Message to the Edster...

I don't mind feeding you, but you have to eat the whole package..... :rolleyes: :confused:

momoffuzzyfaces
12-21-2006, 01:08 PM
Well, if you get the Edster to listen to you, would you have a word or two with MY cats? They do the same thing!!! :D

RedHedd
12-21-2006, 01:13 PM
At least he leaves the chunks IN the dish. My two somehow manage to get their chunks strewn all over the kitchen! :rolleyes:

kittycats_delight
12-21-2006, 01:20 PM
At least he leaves the chunks IN the dish. My two somehow manage to get their chunks strewn all over the kitchen! :rolleyes:

I thought Vixen was the only one that did that. I give her a placemat and still have to clean it every single time after she eats. I think she gets more on the placemat then in her mouth.

LOL

I am glad I donět buy pouches. I buy cans and they can't puncture those but then again they won't eat them unless they are cold so they are kept in the fridge. Once they get warm they won't touch them. :rolleyes:

cassiesmom
12-21-2006, 01:31 PM
I have had it with the Edster.....

He cannot wait....as soon as the first morsel hit the plate he shoves his head in the way of the chunks and gravy.,....I have splashed him more than once.

He then proceeds to slurp up the gravy and leaves the chunks in the dish..

Message to the Edster...

I don't mind feeding you, but you have to eat the whole package.....

Message to the Edster ... are you sure you haven't taught Cassie a thing or two? She loves the gravy, but she doesn't leave the food in the dish so much as all over her place mat. Heaven forbid she eat it if it's too cold or too hot - this cat food has to be JUST RIGHT! But then she gives me the "Thank you, Meowm, I love you!" look, and I melt.

Freedom
12-21-2006, 01:31 PM
Well, they sure are ingenious, and that's why we love 'em, right?

I never buy pouches, can't figure where I would store them. Canned foods, I have to get the right "cut" or there are chunks and globs all over the floor.

I used to dump the 20 pound open bag of kibble into a big plastic tub and keep that on the floor. After 4 months, they learned how to sit on the lid and get it off.

Next I used an empty plastic tub from Tidy Cats Scoopable litter. I kept that up on the bookshelf. One morning about 3 AM, the entire house wakened to a huge crash! The tub was on the floor and the kibble was . . . everywhere it should NOT be in the home office / computer room.

I moved the plastic litter tub to the floor of the bedroom closet. In this house, the closet doors are bi-folds. I came home one day from grocery shopping to find the bi-fold opened and the litter tub of food tipped over. "Must have forgotten to close the door," I said to myself as I cleaned up. That night, they had a buffet feast, serve yourself, while we were sleeping. "Now, I KNOW I had that door closed!" I cleaned up, closed the bi-fold door and, as I was walking away, Chestnut and Sparkle went past me entering the room. Chestnut pressed his head against the edge of the door, it opened, Sparkle snuffled her head under the lid of the tub and started munching. Sigh.

The litter box went into the front hall closet. That has a proper door, with a good old fashioned knob, the kind you turn. It is NOT a handicap lever type. The food has been safe for . . . 3 months. But I just KNOW they are plotting.

Randi
12-21-2006, 01:51 PM
It's called CCB (Classic Cat Behaviour). Fister does the same, he licks up all the gravy and then leaves. However, he does come back later to finish it off. :)

kittycats_delight! I can hardly believe what you're saying - Cold food?? No way here! Fister would definately prefer his warmed up. I don't do it much though, but pour a little boiled water in. ;)

Laura's Babies
12-21-2006, 02:22 PM
LOL! That is a smart kitty, has his human trained purrrfectly!

slick
12-21-2006, 02:23 PM
Max turns his nose up to any canned food that is "chunks in gravy" or "grilled with gravy". He won't even slop up the gravy so I just don't buy anything like that. All he likes is "pate" type of wet food. After all, he does have distinguished taste buds. :rolleyes:

kittycats_delight
12-21-2006, 02:34 PM
kittycats_delight! I can hardly believe what you're saying - Cold food?? No way here! Fister would definately prefer his warmed up. I don't do it much though, but pour a little boiled water in. ;)

they started this behaviour this summer when it was really hot and even now they still refuse food when it becomes too warm.

Neither of them eat the chunks in gravy anymore...not since Vixen was diagnosed felv+. They now get only almo nature...real meat with rice and cooking broth and some types have a little bit of vegetables. Vixen's favorites is chicken and shrimp and chicken and pumpkin. But always cold. or cool.

I guess I have strange kitties cause both vixen and phoenix prefer their food this way. :rolleyes:

Dorothy39
12-21-2006, 04:51 PM
Edster just *knows" that life is delicious, despite the *chunks* :D

The Whole Package? says Eddie :eek: Even those chunks? :o

That's too much work :D

catmandu
12-21-2006, 08:46 PM
Richard I Find That If I Mash Everything Gravy And All, Then Theres A Much Better Chance That Everything Will Be Eaten.
Either That Or The Porch Cats Will Take Care Of The Rest.
Nothing Goes To Waste At The Hotel.

RedHedd
12-21-2006, 10:51 PM
I thought Vixen was the only one that did that. I give her a placemat and still have to clean it every single time after she eats. I think she gets more on the placemat than in her mouth. That's exactly what my two do. Bowls on a kitty placemat with a lip - one would think that would work, but NO! There's food all over the place! :rolleyes:

krazyaboutkatz
12-22-2006, 12:45 AM
I thought Vixen was the only one that did that. I give her a placemat and still have to clean it every single time after she eats. I think she gets more on the placemat then in her mouth.

LOL

I am glad I donět buy pouches. I buy cans and they can't puncture those but then again they won't eat them unless they are cold so they are kept in the fridge. Once they get warm they won't touch them. :rolleyes:

Both Starr and Sky also eat on a mat and get their food all over it. Storm also only likes his wet food cold so I have to be sure to keep several cans of it in the refrigerator. I guess you aren't the only one with strange cats.;)

lvpets2002
01-03-2007, 04:24 PM
;) My girls will always slurp up the gravy first & leave the chunks.. I think they have been watching meowmomie eating.. :D

Don Juan's mom
01-03-2007, 07:24 PM
He then proceeds to slurp up the gravy and leaves the chunks in the dish.. :rolleyes:

Zerlina did that with the Nutro pouch food, until I hit upon breaking up the chunks with a fork. But now that she's discovered Fancy Feast grilled chicken... that's not a problem. :D

Now, Don Juan doesn't even look at the can food. :rolleyes: He does like his Temptations, even though I have to ration them. Too many give him an upset tummy. :(

Liz

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-03-2007, 08:56 PM

CJ does the exact same thing and it drives me as nuts as it appears it drives you! Used to be that Peanut would come by after CJ was done and finish cleaning the dish for him, but even she's getting extra picky these days and only licking up the gravy. :rolleyes: