PDA

View Full Version : My last lesson

JuniorxMyxLove
12-21-2006, 10:38 AM
So I'm at the beginning of a 6 week break from riding. It's been less then a week and I'm already going crazy.

My last riding lesson was...well, it was different. I rode a VERY skittish horse named Joeyand there was the owners daugher riding at the same time as me. She was riding a HUMONGOUS gelding named Tank.[at least 17 hands, maybe more!] They were jumping 4' 9", and that horse made so much noise taking off, I couldn't believe it! Neither could Joey. In fact, he decided it was scary and that he should get away. So he bolted and went almost all the way around the arena before I managed to stop him. Then he decided that he could jump 4'9" too[he can't be more than 14.3 hands!]-without me! So he bolted once mroeand started buckings. Igot him settled down but when I asked him to canter, he bucked 6-7 times then spun around in a complete circle before I could gethim under control. On anyother horse I would have kicked them tokeep them moving, but kicking Joey is not a good thing, he bolts and leaves you on the ground. Theres just no other way. The rest of the lesson was pretty muchnormal, nomore major bucks. We stayed overlittle tiny jumpsthat lesson, which was fine with me.

Even though it was the craziest, it was the funnest[I knowits not a ord] lesson I've ever had.

What do you think?

[I]-M