PDA

View Full Version : Pet Store

elizabethann
12-21-2006, 08:49 AM
Does anybody have this pet store in their state? Have you been to it? Do you like it? There is one opening up in the town next to me. Just wondering if they're any good. It's called PET SUPPLIES PLUS.

http://www.petsuppliesplus.com/index.html

Craftlady
12-21-2006, 08:50 AM
Only national chain one we have is PetSmart.
This one looks like a nice store.

mruffruff
12-21-2006, 12:07 PM
We have a Pets Supplies Plus here in town, very near me. I get all my dog and cat food there. I watch their prices and go to Wal-Mart for cat litter and some treats. They keep it clean. They do sell fish and rabbits, mice and hamsters.

Catlady711
12-21-2006, 09:42 PM
We have several PetSuppliesPlus stores within driving distance of me. I find them to be a decent store for the most part. Some of their stuff is overpriced, and their employees try to talk people into buying all kinds of wierd cheapo/strange foods, but overall I think they're an ok store.

I confess I've never paid much attention to the fish/birds in the stores, however their guinea pigs (which I have to go look at everytime I go in since I owned GP's for 10 years) seem to be well cared for in most of the stores, there is one store that does an awful job with them, but it's the exception not the rule of the stores I've been in.

IRescue452
12-21-2006, 10:03 PM
We have a few miles down the road. I go there usually when I have free coupons or gift certificates. I get several gift certificates a year for them as they give them out at lots of animal functions. They have a great aquarium supply section, but not much at all for dogs/cats. Their dog/cat sections are monsterously overpriced compared to other area pet stores. They just got their live animal section started two years ago. I'm not impressed on how they take care of their animals. They don't have much knowledge at all. I do commend them for willingness to learn though. They started out giving only crickets to their uromastyx. We informed them of the dietary needs of the lizards and they have since been feeding them much better. I think they should have researched before getting into animal sales, but at least they are learning. In all, I go there when I get free stuff or when I need aquarium supplies. For anything else I go to other stores.

anna_66
12-21-2006, 10:24 PM
We don't have one close to us, but I have been to one before and it's a nice place.

Suki Wingy
12-21-2006, 10:49 PM
There is one about 30 minutes away from me but I never go because Petsmart is only 3 miles away from me. I walk there sometimes with Niņo. I keep meaning to check out Pet Supplies Plus. I just can't get over their horrible grammar mistake on their logo! By saying "Plus" They are implying they're not really plus, just kindo of or fake :p

chocolatepuppy
12-22-2006, 05:04 AM
We have a Pet Supplies Plus (and a PetSmart) Pet Supplies Plus used to be a dump, but a while back new owners took over and now it's really nice. Actually I think they have more items that PetSmart and tend to be stocked better,at least in their fish supplies. :)

catnapper
12-22-2006, 06:56 AM
We have one. They tend to be much cheaper than Petco, and they're the only one who Petsmart has to do pricematching for. :)

borzoimom
12-22-2006, 01:48 PM
Well they are farther south and east than I am, but it looks like a nice chain. Especially if you do not have a petco or petsmart.

cassiesmom
12-22-2006, 03:32 PM
There's a Pet Supplies Plus between my work and home. I don't go there too too often because it's at the end of a row of stores and the parking lot is hard to get in and out of. Petsmart is just easier.