PDA

View Full Version : Smokey's weekend of fun

manda99
06-17-2002, 10:12 PM
Saturday was sooo fun for Smokey. Adam and I took him to Dog Beach for the first time. He was a little timid at first but once he got used to the sand he loved it. He also loved all the other dogs!! He was very friendly with the people especially, but was also playing nice with the other pups. He didn't get to go off his leash though. Maybe next time for a bit.
BUT one thing he didn't like was the water! I think it was too cold and too loud and big and all that new stuff. Hopefully he'll get more used to it. Next time we'll play more to get him hot and then see if we can trick him in. Hee hee. :p

We only stayed at the beach part for a little while & then headed over to the grassy area. We put him on his long line and did some COME stuff, he was really good.

After that we went to his grandma's house (her son's dog had the litter Smokey was in) and he got to play with Kia and Osa 2 mixes she was dogsitting.
Phew! Big day! But like I said, he had fun ( so did I :D ). And every dog was like his new best friend; he so didn't want to leave Kia and Osa. So cute.

Just thought I'd share. Man, I really need a digital camera!!

-amanda-

ramanth
06-18-2002, 09:20 AM
Gotta love a dog with a name like Kia. ;)

Sounds like a great time! Kia loves to play on the beach but won't go in to water that is over her head.

I guess I need to teach her how to swim. :D

manda99
06-18-2002, 09:40 AM
I thought about that - actually, it's not noKIA (hee hee) but k-eye (like Kite).