PDA

View Full Version : Zubin Barked!!!

borzoimom
12-20-2006, 03:36 PM
Now some of you are laughing- of course a dog barks- Well-its like pulling teeth to get a Borzoi to bark. They just do not. The only one that does is hottie and only at our groundhog that shows up or the tv set, or someone approachs the van.
Today we had a hunter come by the house. He had the cutest large border collie with a bell on the dog. ( male) He wanted some water for his dog and himself. I shut the door, got the water, opened the door, and the dog came quickly for water- ZUBIN BARKED! It shook the floor- scared me actually, then bear bounced and did it again- .. It was funny out of no where Zubin would say " hey dog- get out of my yard".. Even funnier the others were like " what the heck" and came running. .. I guess my boy is grown up now.. sniff sniff...

GreyhoundGirl
12-20-2006, 03:40 PM
lol. You happy or sad?

I can almost picture the look on the other's faces... :p

borzoimom
12-20-2006, 03:41 PM
Well I like the fact he did- that was a strange occurance, but I guess he isnt a baby anymore... MAN ALIVE what a bark!

Husky15
12-20-2006, 06:58 PM
LOL! When I saw the title to the thread I knew right away why it was such a big thing. I am laughing but in a good way. Congrats, Zubin. :D

borzoimom
12-20-2006, 07:02 PM
( sniff sniff...) they grow up so fast... lol.. We are still talking about this tonight. It was so strange out of no where he turned into an adult..

Husky15
12-20-2006, 07:03 PM
Yes. Where does the time go? I remember when my CC was a baby -- he grew so fast.

Freedom
12-20-2006, 08:07 PM
Gosh darn, you just turn around and blink, and they've gone from a 5 pound pup to a 100 pound borzoi! Don't worry, mom, you won't be facing the empty nest any time soon! :D

borzoimom
12-21-2006, 07:31 AM
lol... I would agree with that.. It is funny when you start to think ' this boy is always going to be a baby" then one day- POOF.. ( who was that masked dog?? Hi-O Silver...) lol

GreyhoundGirl
12-21-2006, 07:51 AM
(sniff sniff) I've never had a puppy. :(

borzoimom
12-21-2006, 08:00 AM
(sniff sniff) I've never had a puppy. :(
Your time is coming honey.. Quicker than you think... lol. Does Jen bark much or at all?

Anita Cholaine
12-21-2006, 08:07 AM
Aww... I know, the first time you hear your dog bark is kinda a special moment.
It took Anita a few weeks until she finally started barking, at first we thought she would be quiet for all her life. :rolleyes: But nope, she started barking, and LOUDLY!

borzoimom
12-21-2006, 08:31 AM
It was funny as it scared the other 3- they came flying! Femka biffed and low growled for 10 minutes. lol.. ( we call it the borzoi mutter under their breath...) lol.

TFTpwnsYou
12-21-2006, 10:42 AM
Awwwww. Big tough dog now! lol. That is funny. You hear them bark and it's like "wow". I don't hear mine barking it's "what are they doing?" lol.

borzoimom
12-21-2006, 10:45 AM
Awwwww. Big tough dog now! lol. That is funny. You hear them bark and it's like "wow". I don't hear mine barking it's "what are they doing?" lol.
Yea- Hottie and his antics with the groundhog surprised you a few times.. lol.

TFTpwnsYou
12-21-2006, 10:46 AM
Yeah.....that groundhog was the biggest bear I have ever seen!....lol.

borzoimom
12-21-2006, 10:50 AM
Yeah.....that groundhog was the biggest bear I have ever seen!....lol.
Yea its funny he doesnt bark at the bears- just " herman" the groundhog.. lol

jackmilliesmom
12-21-2006, 11:13 AM
I know you wouldn't think my two could make that much noise but oooohhhhh brother what a racket. If Jack sees a person he does not know come to the house or a dog or cat he does not know the walls come crashing down then Madam starts and no amount of ear plugs or other ear protection can drown them out.

But they are great and to hear them bark you know nobody is going to come near you, but my biggest problem is on St. Stephen's Day when the hunt passes through and by our garden what a racket that will be Jack really does not like horses......... I think I might have to get him a sedative or something for the day.

borzoimom
12-21-2006, 11:16 AM
lol... !!! :D

cassiesmom
12-22-2006, 01:11 PM
LOL, LOL! When I saw this topic I knew I had to open it and see why Zubin had something to say. Borzoimom, does a Borzoi start to bark more as he grows out of puppy-hood? Could you give Zubin - and Femka, Galina and Hottie too - a pet for me.

borzoimom
12-22-2006, 01:17 PM
LOL, LOL! When I saw this topic I knew I had to open it and see why Zubin had something to say. Borzoimom, does a Borzoi start to bark more as he grows out of puppy-hood? Could you give Zubin - and Femka, Galina and Hottie too - a pet for me.
Typically they do not pick " up speed" in barking. The adults can and will if important enough, but even then, their approach is not to let whatever know they are there- .. I guess he felt like he had to say something- but his bark, having never done it before, startled the others..
And of course- they loved your petting... lol..

critter crazy
12-22-2006, 01:25 PM
Duke never barked when we first got him, being a Bloodhound we found this odd. But one night, walking out to the barn to check on the horses, with duke on my heals. He started to Bark!! Well i guess i should say he started Baying, so i looked around trying to see what he was barking at, and noticed he was satring at the sky, so I looked up, and there was the most beautiful full moon. He he he he hehe he!! Duke was Baying at the moon!! It was hilarious!!I guess it just snuck up on him!!!:D

borzoimom
12-22-2006, 01:36 PM
As I said, Hottie will bark at our groundhog " Herman" or some of the bears, and lately, will in the new van. ( I think its because I had a van most of his life- but hard to say). Femka has barked 4 times in the time we have had her- both at hikers-- males that had been in the woods for a few days. Galina we have had for a year I guess, has never barked. Barking with Borzois is highly unusual. Like a "once in a blue moon" occurance.