PDA

View Full Version : What's on your Christmas wish list?

Randi
12-20-2006, 11:22 AM
Since I've been busy working lately, I've not had time to think much about Christmas. My family and I usually exchange wish lists, so we get something we want, and now my family want mine. :eek: I need ideas!!

So far, I've come up with the following:

A good medium sized torch
A quality face cream (Dior, Clarins, Biotherm or the like)
Rechargeable batteries
A classic "swing" desk lamp
Creme deodorant (Biotherm or Lancome) I bought a really good one in USA last year, but don't remember the brand name.
Redken Smooth Down shampoo
Bottle of Grand Marnier ( a few drops in the coffee is delicious!)
Black socks
A new remote control for my TV
A new CD rom drive for the PC

The problem is, that most of the things I want is expensive items - can you come up with some cheaper ones?

elizabethann
12-20-2006, 11:56 AM
What do you mean by a torch? All I can picture is a stick with flames. :D

Let's see....I want.....

world peace
blackberry
new house
flat screen t.v.
bad dog wall calendar
bad cat desk calendar
gift certificates to Fenway's doggy day care/grooming

I think that's it....for now. :D ;)

borzoimom
12-20-2006, 12:00 PM
I want a swifer.. lol. Seriously- I do.. And slippers. With soles so I can wear them on the deck.

elizabethann
12-20-2006, 12:01 PM
oh, and Santa...I want a Kitchen Aid (in red please). :D

Logan
12-20-2006, 12:09 PM
Randi, I think you have an excellent list!!! Hope Santa Claus will be good to you! :) Elizabethann, I love my Kitchen Aid mixer! Rachel gave it to me as a wedding gift! I blame her for the extra padding on my hips because I can make such yummy stuff with it! :)

I haven't asked for a thing. I really need clothes and new shoes more than anything. Maybe I'll get some gift cards so I can go shopping!

Logan

Laura's Babies
12-20-2006, 12:15 PM
I made a list this year and THIS year, nobody asked for it. :rolleyes:

First on my list is a new car.. But I also added (yea RIGHT Ha! Ha! Ha!!)

A 1 to 2 mg jump drive (I no longer need that because I bought a 80 gig external hard drive that costs about the same as the 2 gig jump drive..

Saw horses....

I have bought for myself a small battery powered skill saw, 2 work tops (one is Sponge Bob and just waaaaay to cute!) and some sweat pants with pockets for work.... These southern pants just do not cut in in the cold weather in Kentucky and Tennessee...

Randi
12-20-2006, 12:30 PM
What I mean by a torch is one of those things with a battery you can walk around with in the dark and see things. Like if Fister is hiding under the bed, I can point it at him and see if he's asleep. ;) Also, I can find his little mice and balls etc. under the cupboards. :D

World peace is definatly on top of my list too, but I doubt my family can provide that. ;)

What is a swifer?

Russian Blue
12-20-2006, 12:30 PM
For my precious Emerald Girl to finally be better and hoping the vet bills don't skyrocket in the coming weeks.

That's all I want. :(

Almita
12-20-2006, 12:46 PM
Taylor T5 Custom or Standard Guitar

That is REALLY that is on my mind right now, the guitar that i fell in love with.

Mostly i just want to be with my family and hang out with my friends too.

kittycats_delight
12-20-2006, 12:55 PM
I want only one thing.

A PITTIE !!!!!

Not sure if hubby will go for even though he wants one too.

Almita
12-20-2006, 12:58 PM
I want only one thing.

A PITTIE !!!!!

hehe it's GREAT having a pittie in the family.

Vela
12-20-2006, 01:00 PM
I didn't ask for anything for Christmas, I really never do, I sometimes say hey I like that etc., but I never expect anyone to buy things for me. My kids always save up their money all year though, then they give it to my husband, who matches it, and they go shopping for me. They are very sweet kids =)

Truly, the only thing I would ever want would be for my husband not to be sick or for some doctors to work on a cure, so we don't have to watch him slowly deteriorate and die.

The only thing I want this coming year is for my friends and family to be healthy and safe.

Bmom, I had a swiffer and gave it away, wasn't really all that great, but maybe they have improved them since then, was a few yers ago. It ended up spraying too far and actually hitting walls and sliding doors etc and leaving soap residue on things but not actually gonig much on the floor in front of the mop head hehe.

kittycats_delight
12-20-2006, 01:04 PM
Did you check Small Paws rescue? They can help you find a pet that is good with cats.

I am in Italy so that won't work.

Husky_mom
12-20-2006, 01:06 PM
I too never ask for anything, but there are certain things I can be very hinty about......;)

I would love to get a more decent digital, but I got mine just last year so thatīs a thing crossed out by hubby :rolleyes:

I would love to get a bigger cage, so of course, I can get another Tiel ;)

Some shoes........(even they say women have too many shoes, I donīt, hubby has more than I do :()

and for when we get a bigger house.................ANOTHER SIBE!!!

another "thing" I want........but letīs see what happens ;) is another baby....

borzoimom
12-20-2006, 01:13 PM
I am in Italy so that won't work.
Well I am sorry, I forgot about that at the time, but also, Small Paws doesnt do pits. Your original post said " you want a dog" . They do small breeds types- like yorkie mixes, toy poodle, etc .. Thats where Freedom saw the picture of her little dog and fell in love with her..
Thats upsetting about the swiffers. They looked good to me. With mostly cherry or mahogany furniture, I like the windows open a little with pollen, and of course- a wood stove otherwise- all my feather duster does it move it around.. lol. Threw it away huh? hmm thats not good. ..

kittycats_delight
12-20-2006, 01:19 PM
Well I am sorry, I forgot about that at the time, but also, Small Paws doesnt do pits. Your original post said " you want a dog" .

Yeah I changed it cause I don't just want any dog. I really want a pittie but of course is a dog came along that stole my heart it wouldn't matter the breed.

luvofallhorses
12-20-2006, 01:26 PM
I want only one thing.

A PITTIE !!!!!

that'd be awesome if you got a pittie! :D you'd be a great pittie owner! :) I just want every animal to have a home for the holidays. :(

elizabethann
12-20-2006, 01:26 PM
What I mean by a torch is one of those things with a battery you can walk around with in the dark and see things. Like if Fister is hiding under the bed, I can point it at him and see if he's asleep. ;) Also, I can find his little mice and balls etc. under the cupboards. :D

World peace is definatly on top of my list too, but I doubt my family can provide that. ;)

What is a swifer?

Oh, I get it now. Thanks for explaining. I hope you get one. :)

dogzr#1
12-20-2006, 01:27 PM
My list is kind of long, and I know I'm not going to get half of the stuff. But it's just *wishing* after all! XD :p .

-PotC merchandise (ANYTHING to do with the movie)
-Johnny Depp merchandise (again, anything to do with him)
-Money to buy my own PotC/JD merchandise
-Canon PowerShot S2IS (I REALLLLLY want this camera)
-A new black sweater/jacket (my Jack Skellington one is getting a bit small)
-Hot Topic gift card (I can buy so much stuff there)

elizabethann
12-20-2006, 01:31 PM
My list is kind of long, and I know I'm not going to get half of the stuff. But it's just *wishing* after all! XD :p .

-PotC merchandise (ANYTHING to do with the movie)
-Johnny Depp merchandise (again, anything to do with him)
-Money to buy my own PotC/JD merchandise
-Canon PowerShot S2IS (I REALLLLLY want this camera)
-A new black sweater/jacket (my Jack Skellington one is getting a bit small)
-Hot Topic gift card (I can buy so much stuff there)

I take it you're in love with Johnny Depp & love the Pirates movie? :D

I watched the 2nd version (Deadman's Chest) last night. It was good. But what was up with Elizabeth kissing him at the end? And I hope in the 3rd version, they show that the dog is safe and sound.

P.S. Sorry to get off topic. I hope you get what you want. :)

dogzr#1
12-20-2006, 01:36 PM
Well, I can explain the whole kiss-of-death scene if you wish. I think I should PM it to you, so I don't hijack the thread with my pirate-ness. XD I don't think they killed the poor doggie. One of the writers said in a commentary in the first movie "The five rules of film making are 1. No book endings 2. Leave the Kiss until the end. 3. Don't Kill the dog 4. No book endings" I can't remember the other 'rule' but yeah...that's what they said.

Oh, and yes, I am VERY much obsessed with Johnny Depp and Pirate stuff.

I hope everyone gets what they want!

BitsyNaceyDog
12-20-2006, 01:39 PM
The only things I want for Christmas this year are baby things.

A Flashlight!

What is a swifer?
There are different kinds of Swiffers- the origional kind is kind of like a broom. They have disposible pads and they're great for picking up dust and hair off of the floor- you can see it here (http://www.swiffer.com/swiffer/en_US/sweeper.do).

I believe Vela was talking about a Swiffer WetJet, it's kind of like a mop. I've never used one of those before. You can see it here (http://www.swiffer.com/swiffer/en_US/wetjet.do).

My favorite Swiffer product is the Swiffer Duster, I LOVE it. It's simply that, a duster. I think that is what borzoimom wants. You can see that here (http://www.swiffer.com/swiffer/en_US/duster.do).

Rachel
12-20-2006, 01:44 PM
Speaking of that torch, aka flashlight, they now have a variety for which you don't have to buy batteries. There is a little crank handle on the side and you crank it for about a minute and ....Whalla...that produces enough energy to light the bulb. I got mine at L.L.Bean, but I would imagine they would be available somewhere across the pond.

A gift I've always enjoyed is gift certificates for the movies. Generally I hate to pay the price of a ticket and will forgo most movies until they come out on video. But when I have gift certificates....well, you just have to use them don't you?

GreyhoundGirl
12-20-2006, 01:50 PM
Speaking of that torch, aka flashlight, they now have a variety for which you don't have to buy batteries. There is a little crank handle on the side and you crank it for about a minute and ....Whalla...that produces enough energy to light the bulb. I got mine at L.L.Bean, but I would imagine they would be available somewhere across the pond.

I got a flashlight/torch last year for christmas. It has a magnet and copper wire. It's really cool, you just shake it and push the button. No batteries! I got it at a warehouse outlet. It was $3 and has been used everynight for almost a year. :eek:

Simple things amuse simple minds. ;)

Jack Sparrow and POTC stuff. A 2007 Greyhound calendar. More POTC and Jack Sparrow stuff. More Greyhound stuff. Stuff for Jenny, too. ;)

kittycats_delight
12-20-2006, 01:55 PM
I got a flashlight/torch last year for christmas. It has a magnet and copper wire. It's really cool, you just shake it and push the button. No batteries! I got it at a warehouse outlet. It was $3 and has been used everynight for almost a year. :eek:

We have one like that too...it's called an eternity flashlight. It never wears out. But I hate it. You are fine as long as you shake the crap out of it but damn if you are in real need of a flashlight who is gonna sit there and shake the thing vigorously for 1 minute or more every ten minutes so the light doesn't fade????

borzoimom
12-20-2006, 01:57 PM
My favorite Swiffer product is the Swiffer Duster, I LOVE it. It's simply that, a duster. I think that is what borzoimom wants. You can see that here (http://www.swiffer.com/swiffer/en_US/duster.do).
THATS IT!!! lol.... Thank you! I am glad you love yours. I think it will help. I like a clean house, but need to feel like I am getting something done ..

Barbara
12-20-2006, 02:22 PM
Randi- things like black socks or a flashlight (or torch ;)) doesn't sound too expensive.

Some days alone with Siegmar and the kitties and no catastrophes and no action and lots of sleep- that's the only thing I want.
Wait a minute- add some red wine ;)

Randi
12-20-2006, 03:10 PM
Well, the flashligt/torch? I'm thinking about, is a quality one. I noticed one my cousin had when we visited his summer house years ago, located in a wood. I think it could have been one of those military ones. It was really good!

Oh, now I know what a Swiffer is, I've seen them in bigger supermarkets - but aren't they quite unhandy to use? And you have to put new cloths on all the time anyway. Well, I use a bucket with water and Ajax and a cloth and that cleans the floor! ;)

Barbara, I want the same things - only my family expect me to tell them things they can put under the tree. ;) However, I'll join you in a glass of redwine and think some more about it. :)

Pembroke_Corgi
12-20-2006, 03:26 PM
Your list sounds good!

I never get gifts on the day...my mom & dad usually just send me a little money, my friends and I exchange gifts before hand, and my husband can never wait till Christmas, if we do exchange gifts.

I didn't ask for anything, but I already got gifts my family, a few of my friends, my husband, coworkers, and a lot of my piano students. I feel pretty lucky! I don't usually care about getting anything- if I really like it, I'll buy it for myself...if I can't afford it, chances are no one else will get it for me! :p

But the best gift I'm getting this year is getting some time off to spend with my family. :)

ramanth
12-20-2006, 05:24 PM
A healthy dog. :(

Edwina's Secretary
12-20-2006, 05:25 PM
Randi...the very best torch/flashlight is a Maglite....they come in all sizes from little (I keep one in my nightstand drawer and one in my glovebox in the car) to nice big ones that also serve as an excellent weapon for cracking someone over the head!

Maglite (http://www.maglite.com/index_flash.asp)

And me...I'm dreaming of a white Christmas.... :rolleyes:

BitsyNaceyDog
12-20-2006, 05:55 PM
Randi...the very best torch/flashlight is a Maglite....they come in all sizes from little (I keep one in my nightstand drawer and one in my glovebox in the car) to nice big ones that also serve as an excellent weapon for cracking someone over the head!

Maglite (http://www.maglite.com/index_flash.asp)

And me...I'm dreaming of a white Christmas.... :rolleyes:
Meglite's are all we use, we love them. We keep one in each of the cars and a couple in the house.

ChrisH
12-21-2006, 07:35 AM
Johnny Depp http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/swoon.gif

... but as that is impossible I'll settle for a nice, quiet, peaceful time and any & all sick PT pets to be well again.

anna_66
12-21-2006, 08:32 AM
Your list is wonderful!

I too hate when I have to make a list. Luckily this year I didn't have to do that. I was talking to my mom and she was asking what I wanted. I told here there was only 1 thing I really wanted this year....a new laptop. So her and my dad gave us money to help pay for it:D

dogzr#1
12-21-2006, 09:21 AM
ChrisH, your comment had me laughing! I made a shirt that says "Dear Santa, I want Johnny Depp". Sorry to get off topic, I just had to share. :p

Randi
12-21-2006, 10:21 AM
Sara, I had a look at the link, the Maglite looks quite good. Thanks for letting me know. :)

Over the years, we've bought each other so many things we didn't really wanted, so yes, we decided to make lists. However, it's not very thrilling, as it's no surprize at all. :( Especially if people only write 2-3 items on it. :rolleyes:

Honestly, I could do without all this gift swopping, but they all say "We'll do it for the children" - and when they're grown up " We'll do it for the old". LOL! I'd rather relax and take a walk together in the woods, or just sit around chatting. :)

lizbud
12-21-2006, 12:14 PM
My children, family & I have always exchanged Christmas lists of things
wanted. It really helps me in shopping for others. :) One thing i should have
included is, are you ready for this......... a water heater. :D I think mine is
going out. :eek:

Argranade
12-21-2006, 01:29 PM
I already got my Christmas gift, Billie my new green cheek ^_^

I probably won't have anymore gifts under the tree for me since I already got Billie as an early Christmas present & I certainly can't rap him up till the big day, but when I go to my grandma's everyone brings gifts there so that's the only spot this year I'll be getting to un-rap some stuff lol.

Suki Wingy
12-21-2006, 01:45 PM
Well, I already know 2 things I'm getting for sure.

Ariat Gingers in Chocolate
http://www.pegasusshoes.com/images/products/md/ariat-ginger-chocolate.jpg

A Camofladge dwn filled army coat

Other things on my list are 2 CDs (Emerson Drive, Countrified)
and DVDs (Pirates 1 and 2, Brothers Grimm, Underworld 1 and 2)
Mostly after that just apple store gift cards, because I'm saving for a macbook and if it's a giftcard I won't use it for anything else.