PDA

View Full Version : Santa Hat offensive.

sparks19
12-20-2006, 11:19 AM
Santa Hat-Wearing Bus Driver Allowed to Keep Job

Ken Mott (Newsday)

A Santa hat-wearing school bus driver on Long Island, N.Y., has won the right to keep wearing his festive headgear, Newsday reported.

Kenneth Mott, who keeps a long, white beard, almost lost his job after a parent called the bus management to complain. Mott, who has worn the red and white hat every Christmas since he started with the Bauman & Sons bus company five years ago, was ordered to stop wearing the hat because a child didn't believe in Santa Claus and was bothered by the hat.

"I said, 'What, are you kidding me?'" Mott recalled. "I thought it was a big joke," Newsday reported.

However, after Mott told other parents he might be fired for wearing the hat, supervisors changed their stance and said he could continue to wear the hat.

At least he can wear the hat again. Very sad when something so simple "offends" others.

lvpets2002
12-20-2006, 11:24 AM
:o Now why would a Santa Hat be hard to except.. :confused: :( Some people are so puthetic :rolleyes: .. Well I am glad he won & gets to wear it.. ;)

elizabethann
12-20-2006, 11:49 AM
Okay, so now I've heard everything!

Husky15
12-20-2006, 12:07 PM
Okay, so now I've heard everything!

Right on.

How pathetic is that? Sounds like a pretty immature and stuck-up parent to me.

Queen of Poop
12-20-2006, 12:32 PM
I've never heard of something so stupid. I'm glad they changed their minds and let him continue.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-20-2006, 12:37 PM
This entire "I'm offended" thing is way out of control. Don't they know by now you can't please everyone?

Maybe people need to stop believeing "you can have it your way", because you just can't all the time. I'm not fond of seeing tattoos but don't throw a hissy fit about it. I just feel that what people wear on their body is their business, not mine.

I'm glad he got to continue to wear the hat too. :)

junescrater716
12-20-2006, 12:40 PM
Kids are annoying that way. If they get "offended" by something all the adults are like "oh honey it's ok we'll get him to stop wearing that hat" It's so dumb. If they can't deal with Christmas and people who celebrate it, then they should stay home instead of ruining it for everyone else.

cyber-sibes
12-20-2006, 04:44 PM
*sigh* Apparently we are no longer a democracy and if anyone complains they find something offensive, the rest of us are supposed to feel bad & change it. (What happened to "majority rules"?) Something's wrong with this picture....

sparks19
12-20-2006, 04:58 PM
Last I checked Democracy did not include " the right to NOT be offended"

You know what.... be offended all you want. Sit at home and stew about it and live a miserable exsistence but leave the rest of us alone.

Laura's Babies
12-20-2006, 07:51 PM
I would find ANYONE who complained about a Santa hat VERY offensive... That person better be glad they don' tlive near me! Grrrrrrrrrr!

Alysser
12-20-2006, 07:59 PM
People are getting out of control. First of all, because the kid doesn't believe in Santa doesn't mean he has to ruin it for people who do! People are pathetic.

sheltiemama
12-20-2006, 08:22 PM
Well I find the whole "I'm offended" situation offending....... What are they gonna do about that :confused:

cmayer31
12-20-2006, 11:35 PM
I'm glad that he is allowed to wear his hat again! When I was a manger I had an associate who's religion did not include Christmas, or any holidays for that matter. The first year I worked with her in a manager position she asked me to ban all the other associates from wearing Santa hats because it offended her. It took a lot of talking on convincing but I was able to work it out that other could wear the hat and she could work on the other side of the store away from them so that her 'peer's wouldn't think that she condoned the hats.

I wish certain groups and people would stop taking things so seriously. If they don't like it then they shouldn't wear, preach, or partake, but shouldn't expect others to stop solely for their sake.

Lady'sOtherHuman
12-21-2006, 06:54 AM
I'm glad that he is allowed to wear his hat again! When I was a manger I had an associate who's religion did not include Christmas, or any holidays for that matter. The first year I worked with her in a manager position she asked me to ban all the other associates from wearing Santa hats because it offended her. It took a lot of talking on convincing but I was able to work it out that other could wear the hat and she could work on the other side of the store away from them so that her 'peer's wouldn't think that she condoned the hats.

I wish certain groups and people would stop taking things so seriously. If they don't like it then they shouldn't wear, preach, or partake, but shouldn't expect others to stop solely for their sake.

Exactly, I wear a Santa Clalus hat everyday starting the day after Thanksgiving until just after the New Year and I admit that some years I've gotten the "it's too early" comment or look but, no one ever told me to stop wearing the hat.

Whatever happened to teaching tolerance. You can't have it both ways. You can't be tolerant of other people and they're ways and then turn around and be offended and want something to stop just because you don't like it. I wish society would make up it's mind.

sparks19
12-21-2006, 08:15 AM
Whatever happened to teaching tolerance. You can't have it both ways. You can't be tolerant of other people and they're ways and then turn around and be offended and want something to stop just because you don't like it. I wish society would make up it's mind.

I couldn't agree with you MORE. They preach tolerance and acceptance..... when it is in their favour. They don't have to ACCEPT that I celebrate Christmas but they should at least tolerate it.

I am so glad that I haven't come across any of those people this year. Everyone that has come into my work has been very nice and pleasant and have all wished me a Merry Christmas before I even had the chance to do the same :D

Pawsitive Thinking
12-21-2006, 10:22 AM
Bah humbug!

Luvin Labs
12-22-2006, 11:30 AM
BOOOO

that is so stupid.

so glad that person could keep wearing the hat.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-22-2006, 12:53 PM
Bah humbug!
You know if Charles Dickens was alive today, he probably wouldn't be allowed to write the Christmas Carol; it would be too offensive. :eek: