PDA

View Full Version : Wow what a weekend.

Crikit
06-17-2002, 08:37 PM
hawoah everyone...

Smudge here, moomie says I's can tell you abouts da weekend dat we had because I's was such a goodies boy. I's gots to play wit my moomie all weekends and it wasn't just any plays it was the fun jumping and going through the long dark things and up the wall stuff...it was fun and moomie was really happy wit me everytime that we did sumeting, and moomies fwiends were happy wit us, and da best ting was dat Winters wasn't there at all, she gots to stay home wit auntie and gramma. Oh Moomie says she'll explain gots to go.

Smudge

[COLOR=blue]
Sorry know you guys would have liked Smudge to finish the story but I can explain it a little bit better then he can.

So this weekend Smudge and I were entered in a USDAA trail in a small town called Cochrane it's about 20 minutes outside of Calgary, and we had a blast. There was no family around, no Winter, just me and Smudge and some friends that were running their dogs. If you're wondering why Winter didn't go, it was because she wasn't entered in anything this weekend so she just would have been kenneled the whole time and when that happens she tends to get on Smudges nerves (typical little sister huh? ;) ) the only bad thing that happened this weekend was that my ears got burnt which was my own fault because I was wearing a hat (makes them stick out) and forgot to put the sunblock on them, otherwise it was great.

Smudge was quiet the whole time he was in his kennel, yes he was muzzeled but that hasn't stopped him before. If you're wondering why I have to muzzle Smudge when he's in his kennel it's because he's a stress barker and the muzzle helps reduce the amount of stress both on him and myself, but don't worry he only gets muzzeled when myself or one of my friends that knows the whole story to Smudge and who I trust completely with my dogs is around and he gets taken out frequently for walks and water breaks. Okay now that that tangent is done let's continue :)

So all we entered this weekend was the steeplechase (Jumps, A-Frame, and weaves) the grandprix, and the jumpers classes...we didn't do the titling because we don't have enough USDAA trails in Alberta to make it worth while but that might be changing because a couple of agility groups (the one I'm in included) are thinking of getting together and hosting a couple of joint ones. Oh and Pairs we entered the pairs competition. And out of all the stuff that we entered our results are as follows:

Steeplechase: eliminated...it was a masters course though and Smudge and I are just novices. However once we got elimnated we were allowed to finish the course and we did quite well...if Smudge had only taken that jump before he went in to the tunnel.

Grandprix: eliminated...pretty much the same thing that happened in the steeplechase...oh why oh why does my dog have to be a tunnel suck?

Pairs: FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO, it was our first first and the fact that I earned it with my surogate mother and her dog Scarlett made it even better...so we were a funny looking pair what with a lab cross and a papillon we still got first.

Jumpers: Saturday we got third and today (monday) we got First!! WOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jumpers is Smudgers game, it's got everything that he loves Jumps, Tunnels, Chutes, and he gets to burn rubber with his mom.

It's pretty amazing that we did so well considering that this time last year all Smudge wanted to do was run of the courses and hide, and from what I understand USDAA is the toughest out of all the orginizations and for us to get a third and first against top notch handlers and dogs is fantastic. To make things better my friend and coach and her two papillons qualified for the nationals, and she almost got a title on her 9 going on 10 year old duck
tollier.

And in other news My Dad has now been cleared to come home for Weekends...his first one home is going to be this weekend
:D :D :D :D

Cincy'sMom
06-17-2002, 09:13 PM
Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend! Congrats on your first place finish!!!

Great news about your dad too!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-17-2002, 11:01 PM
Great news about your dad!!
Sounds like Smudgie did real well. Glad you both had so much fun.:D

ramanth
06-18-2002, 09:28 AM
Super great news about your dad!

And Congrats on the First Place wins!

Barbiro
06-18-2002, 09:44 AM
Sounds like you had a blast! Congratulations! Happy to hear about the Dad as well.

Albea
06-18-2002, 09:46 AM
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND SMUDGE! And great news about your Dad, best wishes for a quick recovery.