PDA

View Full Version : wowza do they ever look differnt! leck vs bro

cali
12-20-2006, 12:12 AM
Lecks breeder website was finally updated so I have finally gotten to see Leckys brother for the first time, and I must say..they have the same heads, but thats were the similaritys end!

Tucker:
http://www.kdskennels.com/images/tuckerlg.jpg

compared to Electra:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/HappyFM/Electra/IMG_1621.jpg

I didnt exept him to look so differnt! lol

I mean Tucker seems to take after his moms side almost entirely while Electra has her moms head but almost everything else is clearly from her dad side lol

Tollers-n-Dobes
12-20-2006, 12:16 AM
Lol...yep, the only similarity is the head. Is he the same age as Lectra is now in that picture? I think Leck is a lot prettier than Tucker, but I always prefer the females over males - that, and it could be that Tucker just has barely any coat in the picture.

cali
12-20-2006, 12:19 AM
I havent the fggiest idea hwo old he is in the pic lol there no info, just his name and that one pic, she doesnt add all the info till the dog moves up, rught now he is only listed as a "Future" so there is no real info.

borzoimom
12-20-2006, 11:38 AM
Well I think she looks like a female and he looks like a male in the breed. Ours can be different as well. I have posted before the difference in show pictures between Galina and Zubin- littermates- and night and day. Galina looks female- Zubin like a male.

cali
12-20-2006, 12:15 PM
i cant really agree with that, why? Because Leck looks like her DAD, and Tucker looks like his MOM. lol Leck has never been mistaken to be a male, but her dad is also very clearly a male. her mom is also very obviously a female.

borzoimom
12-20-2006, 12:30 PM
I am looking at the body structure. The bone density. Now Zubin has his mothers head- and Galina has her dads.. lol. But the body is definite male verses female.
Here is Galina, and her mother Leonie, and her dad. Zubins show photo the file is too big. You can see his photo on my website under our dogs. Both Zubin and Galinas were taken at 10 months. ( hince the reason Zubin doesnt have a coat yet) but you can see the difference in the structure.
Also- has your girl come into season yet? The would also explain the coat difference. ( Galina still hasnt= RATS! :rolleyes:

cali
12-20-2006, 12:42 PM
but thats what I am looking at, they both have their moms head, but Electra has her dads body, bone density etc.. while Tucker has his moms body and bone density etc.. and no Leck has not come into season yet, I think Tcuker is a bit younger in that pic though which would be the coat diff.

borzoimom
12-20-2006, 12:47 PM
Could be - as you said, you do not know when the picture was taken. Zubin has changed alot! ( really need new pictures.. lol. )

Almita
12-20-2006, 01:24 PM
Sure looks like they look alike, just the heads are different.

cali
12-20-2006, 01:57 PM
Sure looks like they look alike, just the heads are different.

eh.. their heads are what the SAME about them lol look closer:

forchest:
Leck-strong and deep
Tuck-smaller and flat

Legs:
Leck-short and thicker boned
Tuck-long and light boned

Tail:
Leck-long, starts to curl back up at the hocks
Tuck-short, ends completly at the hocks

topline:
Leck-strong but not perfectly level
Tuck-strong and perfectly straight and level

the family resemplence is there, but Leck takes after her dad who is also shorter, thicker boned,and deeper chested. Tuck takes after his mom who also has a flatter forchest, less bone and leggier. Tuck has his dads tail and topline. Leck has her moms head, topline and tail.

Almita
12-20-2006, 02:07 PM
eh.. their heads are what the SAME about them lol look closer:

forchest:
Leck-strong and deep
Tuck-smaller and flat

Legs:
Leck-short and thicker boned
Tuck-long and light boned

Tail:
Leck-long, starts to curl back up at the hocks
Tuck-short, ends completly at the hocks

topline:
Leck-strong but not perfectly level
Tuck-strong and perfectly straight and level

the family resemplence is there, but Leck takes after her dad who is also shorter, thicker boned,and deeper chested. Tuck takes after his mom who also has a flatter forchest, less bone and leggier. Tuck has his dads tail and topline. Leck has her moms head, topline and tail.

haha okay yeah i see it now... :p took me awhile but i got it.