PDA

View Full Version : Welcome back Connor

emily_the_spoiled
12-19-2006, 07:23 PM
Hello PT,

I know that I have been gone for a long time and I have missed everyone (especially my Meowmie).

Boy do I have stories about the last month :rolleyes: First Meowmie Julie put me on a plane and she was very very sad :( and so was I. Then I spent close to 24 hours travelling. I met some people with a "funny" accent in a place called London. They were nice enough, giving me food, water, and a great big cage. But I didn't get to go out exploring... Then I arrived here in the US. By that time I was tired, hungry and wanted out of that cage but they still wouldn't let me out :eek: Then this other lady came and gave me a LONG car ride. After an hour and a half I wanted OUT of the cage NOW and I told her for the next hour and a half (she was a little slow and didn't let me out :rolleyes: )

She then brought me to this house and let me out (finally :rolleyes: ) into a small bedroom. But it didn't matter I was tired and cold (this country is cold com[ared to home!) I spent the first night sleeping on the heating vent just to keep warm :eek:

After the first couple of days I was BORED in that room all by myself ... so I talked to her until she let me out. Guess what I discovered outside that door? All kinds of other furry friends (and lots of wet food ;) )

But Meowmie Julie, I think I have settled in here even though I do miss you. Don't worry, I will be okay and try to convince her to put more pictures of me on PT (I will just have to talk more)

Hi, I am the not so "obedient servant", but I am finally getting around to posting some pictures. I am sorry that I don't have any from his first couple of days (my camera ran out of battery). But here we go...

See Mom, I do like wet food...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/cfahlman/SeeMomIdolikewetfood.jpg

I have even made myself comfy...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/cfahlman/Connormakinghimselfcomfy.jpg

Or should I say REALLY comfy

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/cfahlman/REALLYcomfy.jpg

More pictures in the next post...

emily_the_spoiled
12-19-2006, 07:24 PM
Of course I have had to test many different surfaces in this new house, including the bathmat
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/cfahlman/Justtestingoutthebathmat.jpg

But I think it will do for the time being

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/cfahlman/Bathmatisokay.jpg

I have even made some friends

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/cfahlman/Friends-OliverConnor.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/cfahlman/FeedingtimeattheOKCorral.jpg

Can you guess which one I am???

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/cfahlman/whichoneisConnor.jpg

Freedom
12-19-2006, 07:28 PM
He looks like he is settling in quite well. I like the photo with the white cat, such contrast!

catnapper
12-19-2006, 08:14 PM
Conner,
its truly wonderful to hear from you. You're looking pretty happy, sorry to hear your new traveling companion was so slow to understand the meaning of "out!" but glad to hear she finally did let you out.... and gave you new buddies too!

catmandu
12-19-2006, 08:41 PM
Its Really Great Seeing Connor Fitting In So Well.
So Wonderful To See Him Fitting In With His Companion Cats!
Thats So Nice That You Have An Update On How Your Old Friend Is Doing.
Thank You For Sharing The Good News.

Edwina's Secretary
12-19-2006, 08:49 PM
Oh Connor...it will be such a weight off you momma Julie's heart to see how well you are settling in here in the States and making friends. I just hope the other cats don't think you talk "funny." At least your new servant can understand you!

XOXOXO

Laura's Babies
12-19-2006, 08:54 PM
Awwwww! such a worldly cat you are Conner. Well traveled now and it looks like you are really settling into your new home just fine. You are really a beautiful boy and I hope you enjoy your new surroundings and servants. (It will take awhile for them to understand your accent so give them time.)

Bengalz
12-19-2006, 09:08 PM
Stories like Connor's always amaze me :) How wonderful is PetTalk to bring a beautiful baby over from a far off place and ensure him a great home :D I'm sure Julie's heart is much better now that she knows Connor is in great hands. Thank You :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-19-2006, 09:57 PM
Connor! How wonderful to hear from you and see that you're settling in so nicely! It's wonderful to see you making friends. With your history with your other sister I was worried you might not be too friendly with your new brothers and sisters, but I see that's not a problem.

What a wonderful uppydate! :D

trayi52
12-19-2006, 10:13 PM
Good to see you settling in so well, Connor. I know you are going to love living with your new meowmy. Connor, you sure are a beautiful cat, and in that one picture, I can't tell which one you are! You are very well hidden in that one! You sure do make good pictures, you were meant to be in front of the camera, because the camera sure does love you!

Really good pictures, thanks for sharing! I want to welcome Connor to your home, he sure has been on a long trip to get to your home, if he could talk, the stories he could tell!!!

Willie :)

krazyaboutkatz
12-20-2006, 12:47 AM
Thanks for the wonderful update.:) It's great to see Connor settling in so well. It looks likes he's lived there forever and I'm so glad that he's also making new friends.:)

Barbara
12-20-2006, 02:23 AM
Connor, this is a wonderful letter you write. Your journey was quite the adventure but now we can see that you are in a great place :)

So good to have friends isn't it?

Killearn Kitties
12-20-2006, 02:49 AM
Dear Connor

It was wonderful to get your letter and hear all about how well you are doing on your big adventure! Some nice meals always help you recover from a bad experience, we find! :D

Your place there seems very comfortable (We are ready to go to sleep ourselves after seeing you cuddled up on that wonderful settee.) The locals also seem quite friendly! That must help a lot.

We hope you are getting used to the lower temperatures. We also like to lie around the radiators in the winter. It really is the best place.

Take care of yourself now, you beautiful grey boy!

Samantha, Daisy and Jessica

Sonia59
12-20-2006, 04:44 AM
Hi Connor,
Thanks for the news! I am happy you managed very well with your long trip and your new home and friends :) You look comfy here, and very well fed, indeed :D Meowmie Julie will be happy to see you like this.
Hope to have more pics and letters from you Connor ;)

catlover4ever
12-20-2006, 07:21 AM
Connor, it is so good to see you settling into your new home. It is so nice to see you have made new friends and that you are getting used to the cooler weather that we have over here.

I can't wait to see more photos of you in your new home. :)

emily_the_spoiled
12-20-2006, 03:20 PM
Hi everyone,

I am glad you liked my pictures ;) The white cat is named Oliver is nice but he does try to steal my food sometimes :eek: and he doesn't hear so I have to speak REALLY loudly to him just to make sure. Sometimes the locals have problems with my accent, but I just talk extra loud and slow so they can understand. Other than that the locals seem to be friendly and are teaching me the lay of the land. I have discovered all kinds of new things here that don't exist with Meowmie Julie. There are these really soft sheets called flannel and a wonderfully warm blanket that smells like feathers :) I am nice and toasty at night when I share the bed. But Meowmie Cheryl says that I "hog the bed", what ever that means. I figure that is a wonderful place to sleep and I don't know what her problem is with that. :rolleyes:

Logan
12-20-2006, 03:29 PM
Oh Cheryl, thank you, thank you, thank you, not only for the pictures and update, but for having Connor with you and giving Julie the opportunity to move without concern about him.

You are a treasure!!!! :)

Logan

Vermontcat
12-20-2006, 07:40 PM
It's so nice to see that Connor has adjusted well and settled right in to his new home.
It looks like he gets along well with his new kitty siblings.
I bet Julie is going to be so happy to see this update and all the great photos. :)

AbbyMom
12-20-2006, 09:26 PM
Thank you for the update and pictures. I love this story and what you've done. I love happy endings!

moosmom
12-20-2006, 11:08 PM
Connor,

I am so happy to hear you made it safely in your journey to your new furrever home. It's nice to see you settling in. I hope you have a wonderful life sweetheart!

Ally Cat's Mommy
12-21-2006, 07:45 AM
Dearest Connor,

Meowmie misses you, but I am so glad that you are happy (even if it's a bit cold!!!). I am glad you are making new friends too - although I can only imagine the sound levels - you ARE a very noisy boy.

It is very kind of Cheryl to let you sleep on a big soft bed, but don't spoil things for yourself by hogging the WHOLE bed.

I hope you are minding your manners - and being a good boy.

Ally-cat misses you a LOT - she sits and HOWLS sometimes - whenever there is no-one it sight - whereas before she would just take that as an opportunity to have a quick swipe or nip at your bunny-butt!!!

Did you explain to your new friends that not all the cats where you come from look like you - most of them have TAILS!!

Cheryl, thanks so much for the update and the wonderful photos. It makes my heart so glad to see how easily Connor is fitting into your household. Thankyou again for doing this!

(((HUGS))) + skritchies for Connor

Cataholic
12-21-2006, 11:07 AM
This is good news.

Felicia's Mom
12-23-2006, 08:50 AM
I am glad that Connor is settling in so well. :)