PDA

View Full Version : A little disappointed...

Alysser
12-19-2006, 07:17 PM
As some of you may know, there was this school I wanted to attend in Sandy Hook, NJ. It was called the Marine Academy of Science Technology. I want my career to be involved with Marine life. Well, I was excited about seeing if I could make it, but I'm not going to be able to go. We were supposed to write an essay to get into the school, about why we wanted to get in, ect. and It's now pass the due date, which was December 15th. :( I blame no one but myself but I can't help feeling disappointed. I would have enjoyed that school.

Thanks for letting me rant.

But I'm not as disappointed because I applied for this program at a more closer highschool called "Animal and Botanical sciences", which my parents say I would probably like more. But I still have to make that..we find out in January.

Husky15
12-19-2006, 07:26 PM
Oh, man! That really does suck. Similar situations happened to me where I did not pass something in on time. Is there a possibility that you could try another time?

Pembroke_Corgi
12-19-2006, 08:47 PM
I know what it's like to have due dates sneak up on you like that. I'm sorry to hear it's too late to apply, but I wish you luck at getting into your other school!

Karen
12-19-2006, 08:49 PM
Ooh, so should we nudge you every few days until you get the application in for the new place?

cmayer31
12-19-2006, 09:02 PM
I know what it's like to miss deadlines, but sometimes that just happens. Best of luck with the Animal and Botanical Sciences school! Marine Bio was one of my favorite sections in college and I wish that I had stuck with it. Either way it seems like both of these schools will set you up to reach your future career goals! Just stick with it and work hard. Best of luck!

buttercup132
12-19-2006, 09:17 PM
Aww it's ok Alyssa.
Maybe they will do it again next year?

areias
12-19-2006, 10:52 PM
Why don't you give them a call? Maybe they'll let you do a late admission type thing.

Alysser
12-20-2006, 05:45 AM
LOL, Karen, I already applied for the new place. I wrote that Essay and everything. :p

Thanks for the suggestions, but I doubt I can re-apply. They gave us a strict lecture about sending in the essays, forms, ect. in late. One women even said if she were to let on person in late she'd have to let them all. I guess she's right to be like that. I don't think it would be very fair. MAST was a good school, I doubt I would have made it though. Only two people from our school district get in. :eek:

BC_MoM
12-20-2006, 10:20 AM
Would you not consider waiting another year and possibly work fulltime to earn money to pay for your tuitions?