PDA

View Full Version : Camera Suggestions

Giselle
12-19-2006, 03:53 PM
I think I've used my old camera to its max now and I was looking to branch out into the higher end stuff. I would like to keep it at $250-275, but I know that's not possible if you want the higher end cameras.

I was thinking of a Canon Powershot A710 IS. The only cons I can find are the price issue and the slow flash recharge. Some reviewers say it took up to 10 seconds to recharge the flash. :eek: I'm patient, but not that patient!

Catlady711
12-19-2006, 10:53 PM
Here is a link to my favorite camera review website for the specific camera you mentioned.
Steve's Digicam Review (http://www.steves-digicams.com/2006_reviews/a710.html)

As for the flash, the site states....the shot to shot delay averaged approx. 1.6 seconds without the flash, and between 5-12 seconds when using the flash, depending on subject distance and battery condition.

I've never personally used that model, however I've owned 4 cameras since 1992 and also borrowed another for a few weeks, and all 5 were Canon's. (Rebel II SLR, Rebel XS SLR, A40 Digital, S1 IS Digital, S3 IS Digital) I've always been impressed with Canon in that you get quite a bit of features for your dollar, the quality of the camera's has always been good to me. I've been happy with every one.

Canon did not pay me to be spokesperson for their products. LOL I just happen to be a photography nut and have used Canon's for 14 years.

I've always done my research on a camera before I purchased and went to a store to handle the camera for myself to make sure it was comfortable to use.

Go to Steve's Digicams main page for reviews on all the Canon models they've tested. I've always found their reviews to be very accurate. In one case even MORE accurate than the manual that came with my first digital camera!!

Good luck.