PDA

View Full Version : PSP's-

borzoimom
12-18-2006, 06:04 PM
I know what it does, but what is the difference between this model and some of the others that play movies and all. Its so tiny- amazing! Our step son had one this weekend.
Pardon the stupidity- but things change so fast and its hard for us to keep track.
Also- how much do the movie chips cost compared to like dvd's?

dogzr#1
12-18-2006, 06:49 PM
Well, I have one, but I don't know all of the 'fancy' stuff that it can do. I know it can play movies and they come out in excellent quality. I think it's more convenient to carry this little thing around that can play games, music AND movies rather than lets say, a portable DVD player, an MP3 and a game boy.

Yes, it is quite advanced! It's scary how much stuff they can put into such a little 'thing'! And yes, the PSP movies are more or less the same as 'regular' DVDs.

#1Wolflover
12-18-2006, 06:52 PM
well my brother has a psp so I know a little bit about it. You can go on the internet on it if you have a wireless router. We do so he occasionally goes internet surfing. lol :D

borzoimom
12-18-2006, 06:55 PM
Well, I have one, but I don't know all of the 'fancy' stuff that it can do. I know it can play movies and they come out in excellent quality. I think it's more convenient to carry this little thing around that can play games, music AND movies rather than lets say, a portable DVD player, an MP3 and a game boy.

Yes, it is quite advanced! It's scary how much stuff they can put into such a little 'thing'! And yes, the PSP movies are more or less the same as 'regular' DVDs.
Wow- really??? About the same price? Well I was really surprised. It was so tiny and so cool! I figured the movies would be alot more. It does do alot of stuff, and I hate to admit- but I got lost with it... lol.. What is a good brand?

slleipnir
12-18-2006, 07:26 PM
You can play movies, games, surf the web, listen to music you put on it, look at picturs you put on it or videos. There is a ton of things to do. I just got one, so I don't know how much the movies cost...but I'd image it's similar to a DVD. The screen is small, but the picture quality is awesome.

borzoimom
12-18-2006, 07:36 PM
I was impressed .. I have a DVD player on my computer but this thing was amazing!

slleipnir
12-18-2006, 07:39 PM
I was impressed .. I have a DVD player on my computer but this thing was amazing!

I'm in love with mine :D

borzoimom
12-19-2006, 08:19 AM
Do you have a certain brand? I am not sure if its exclusive or not.

Argranade
12-19-2006, 09:54 AM
Yeah there realy neat,

My bro had one & I would watch scary movies on it at night, untill he gave it away because he grew bored of it .. now he gave my little brother his X-box, and he's geting an X-box 360 for Christmas, the graphics on it are awsome, I have not realy seen the diffeence between X-box 360 & PS3.

Do you have a certain brand? I am not sure if its exclusive or not.
I don't think there is a certain brand .. there all like the same company lol.

There realy neat, I was going to buy my self one but then I wanted to spend the money on my birds.

borzoimom
12-19-2006, 10:23 AM
I do not blame you on that one- your birds are beautiful! I had a few birds over my life time. A african grey, blue and gold macaw, a couple of cockatiels.
I always wanted a love bird- but never got that far. They are so cute and funny!
Thank you for answering me about who makes them other than where he got his from. I wasnt sure if several companies make them too or what.
I am asking because I have several weeks of recovery coming up with surgery. I play movies on my lap top sometimes but I wanted something smaller- and more portable. That is source of my questions.

Argranade
12-19-2006, 10:37 AM
I do not blame you on that one- your birds are beautiful! I had a few birds over my life time. A african grey, blue and gold macaw, a couple of cockatiels.
I always wanted a love bird- but never got that far. They are so cute and funny!
Thank you for answering me about who makes them other than where he got his from. I wasnt sure if several companies make them too or what.
I am asking because I have several weeks of recovery coming up with surgery. I play movies on my lap top sometimes but I wanted something smaller- and more portable. That is source of my questions.

Yes I would deffenetly buy one because they have good graphics like a regular T.v except it's small enough to put into your pocket lol, the movies for them cost pretty much the same as a regulare dvd, but you can also buy games & listen to music with it, there realy neat I wish they came in green lol.

slleipnir
12-19-2006, 10:37 AM
Nope, they're all the same (made by sony)

borzoimom
12-19-2006, 10:43 AM
Yes I would deffenetly buy one because they have good graphics like a regular T.v except it's small enough to put into your pocket lol, the movies for them cost pretty much the same as a regulare dvd, but you can also buy games & listen to music with it, there realy neat I wish they came in green lol.
Thank you. January is going to be such a blur.. I wanted something small that wasnt hard to lift, and easy for me to move around. My step son showed us even a little stand it has.. lol.. I am not one to idle- but it is going to be a forced rest for weeks.. lol