PDA

View Full Version : It is FREEZING!!!

popcornbird
12-18-2006, 02:51 PM
Who else in California is dressed in warm clothes, has the heater on, and still feels like an icy popsicle? My gosh...I don't think its been THIS COLD here in a LONG time! Brrrr! I know I'm not alone in this. ;)

Cookiebaker
12-18-2006, 02:55 PM
hehe, what's the temperature??? I'm sure that whatever it is, it will seem balmy compared to here. It's been 40 today, but late last week had a high in the 20's. :eek:

kittycats_delight
12-18-2006, 03:06 PM
I am not too sure about california but I am in Italy and I am freezing my buns off. My husband laughs at me because I wear stretch pants under my jeans for extra warmth and am always wearing a cardigan or fleece and of course almost always 2 pairs of socks. We have the heat on and it is 20° C in the house but my hands, feet and nose are like ice. I have been freezing for about a month now. And most days it is still around 15° C. My husband said I belong in Sudan. LOL Maybe then I wouldn't be cold. :p

popcornbird
12-18-2006, 03:07 PM
hehe, what's the temperature??? I'm sure that whatever it is, it will seem balmy compared to here. It's been 40 today, but late last week had a high in the 20's. :eek:

Its supposed to drop to 28 tonight, according to the forecast! It was 31 this morning. It might be 40 right now, but I'm still freezing. :D

JenBKR
12-18-2006, 03:14 PM
That's funny - usually it's at least below freezing here at this time of year, but it's been 55 degrees and beautiful! I'm loving it!

Although, we are not expected to have a white Christmas this year :( However, we are supposed to have a white January, February, and March! Just a little late I guess :D

You should see me walking Roscoe when it gets cold - scarf, gloves, hat, earmuffs, big boots, you can barely see my face! Of course, I'm talking less than 10 degrees, so I need all that!

caseysmom
12-18-2006, 03:16 PM
I'm frozen right there with you PCB...I am stressed because I came to work without checking the pool filter, I hope it didn't freeze up last night.

Cookiebaker
12-18-2006, 03:19 PM
Its supposed to drop to 28 tonight, according to the forecast! It was 31 this morning. It might be 40 right now, but I'm still freezing. :D

Whoa! :eek: That IS cold for Cali!!!

RedHedd
12-18-2006, 03:39 PM
Yup it's cold here in the S.F. Bay Area. With the retrofit STILL going on in my apartment building, heat is difficult to come by as they're working around the building flues. It's an old (100 year old) drafty Victorian building with steam heat, so we're limping along with minimal heat, blankets, sheepskin slippers, robes, sweatshirts, sweaters, socks. I even brought out my gloves to go out last night. Even the cats are snuggling to stay warm.

Edwina's Secretary
12-18-2006, 07:01 PM
So would that make me the only resident of California enjoying this weather. Yes, I have a sweater on but not the heat! That would take the fun out of it. I made some nice soup for my husband for dinner....nice fire in the fireplace.....aaahhhh....almost like home..... :D ;) :D

catland
12-18-2006, 07:06 PM
I have a little indoor/outdoor thermometer here at work and its saying 31 outside right now. Brrr.

popcornbird
12-18-2006, 07:09 PM
So would that make me the only resident of California enjoying this weather. Yes, I have a sweater on but not the heat! That would take the fun out of it. I made some nice soup for my husband for dinner....nice fire in the fireplace.....aaahhhh....almost like home..... :D ;) :D

Nope...I *am* enjoying the cold, and looking forward to this weekend as we are going to Lake Tahoe to enjoy the snow. :D I guess this cold is just a little practice. Its going to be much, much colder in Tahoe.

Edwina's Secretary
12-18-2006, 07:14 PM
Nope...I *am* enjoying the cold, and looking forward to this weekend as we are going to Lake Tahoe to enjoy the snow. :D I guess this cold is just a little practice. Its going to be much, much colder in Tahoe.

Sara

That is me....green with envy! Snow! Lake Tahoe!

gini
12-18-2006, 07:31 PM
But SARAthat is what is so wonderful about California! We have it all.

Snow - warm deserts - mountains - when are you ever going to LOVE California?:D

Chica
12-18-2006, 07:35 PM
IT IS FREEZING IN CA. NIGHT CHILLS AT 38 DEGREES!!!!!!!BURRRRR!!! :) I DON'T REMEMBER THE VALLEY WHERE I LIVE BEING THIS COLD IN YEARS. :rolleyes:

flamepony12
12-18-2006, 08:25 PM
Who else in California is dressed in warm clothes, has the heater on, and still feels like an icy popsicle? My gosh...I don't think its been THIS COLD here in a LONG time! Brrrr! I know I'm not alone in this. ;)

ME!! :eek:

sirrahved
12-18-2006, 08:28 PM

*laughs hysterically*

Those are pretty much the exact temps here... and we're considered to be having a heat wave:)

Cincy'sMom
12-18-2006, 09:00 PM
I am traveling for work and in Maryland right now. It was 72 and sunny here this afternoon!!! Gorgeous!!!!

Laura's Babies
12-18-2006, 10:16 PM
I liked to have froze to death the time I went to California and it was in JULY!

cmayer31
12-18-2006, 11:03 PM
It's below 40 again right now. This morning I had to scrape ice off of my windshield with the classic CA scrapper... my credit card! :D

Then again there were surfers in the water this morning :rolleyes:

caseysmom
12-19-2006, 12:55 AM
*laughs hysterically*

Those are pretty much the exact temps here... and we're considered to be having a heat wave:)

It is detrimental to many plant life and precious animals. It really is worrisome because many people are use to keeping pets outside and these temps could really harm them. When we get these unusual temps we are not equipped for it and we have pipes break and plants die and it really isn't funny.

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-19-2006, 05:52 AM
Freezing temperatures here too! Now it is 3°C, but it is freezing during the night, so our garden looks all white in the morning :)
He he, the t° is perfect for snow!! Will it happen this year, A white Christmas???? Ohhhhhhhh, I hope that so much!!

But, in the meantime, I am freezing too bbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

ramanth
12-19-2006, 12:03 PM
Temperatures are getting cooler here. This past weekend was gorgeous. Sunshine and in the 50's. People were outside in shorts.

Now it's back down to mid 30's. Still not sure if we'll get snow in time for Christmas.

popcornbird
12-19-2006, 12:47 PM
But SARAthat is what is so wonderful about California! We have it all.

Snow - warm deserts - mountains - when are you ever going to LOVE California?:D

I think she already secretly loves it. She just won't admit it. ;):p:D

I woke up this morning to a thick layer of ice on the car windshield...a thick layer that just wasn't coming off. :rolleyes:

Giselle
12-19-2006, 03:48 PM
PCB, are you Nor Cal or So Cal?

I think it's freezing, too! :D You gotta admit, we Californians are pretty big wussies when it comes to cold weather. So far, no snow. Then again, the most snow we ever had was a thin layer of half-melted sleet a couple years back, haha!

GreyhoundGirl
12-19-2006, 07:43 PM
lol, it's been so hot up here. Canada this time of year is usually about -35 degrees. this year it's been right around the freezing point. :( :( :(

Edwina's Secretary
12-19-2006, 08:43 PM
I woke up this morning to a thick layer of ice on the car windshield...a thick layer that just wasn't coming off. :rolleyes:

I still have a couple of ice scrapers in my trunk. Along with the snow brush...care to borrow one? :D ;) :p

cmayer31
12-19-2006, 08:51 PM
My roommates and I finally pulled the AC out of the window and sealed up the gap. It's been letting cold air in and we're all wrapped in blankets and hoodies. I do feel like a wimp when I complain about 30-50 degree weather, but i was born and raised near the beach in So Cal.. therefor I am an official cold weather wimp. :D