PDA

View Full Version : A gift that keeps on giving?

Sevaede
12-18-2006, 01:02 PM
I was watching the morning news today.

They aired a story about a five year old boy who lives in a town (may be considered a suburb?) about twenty minutes away, maybe. He has this rare condition (only 400 people in the world have it, they said) where his bone marrow does not produce red blood cells. So every month he has to go and get his blood "replenished", as they said.

I was thinking about donating but I don't know how to go about doing such things. Has anyone else given before?

king2005
12-18-2006, 01:37 PM
Here in Cananda you can go to a blood donor clinic.

Call your local red cross, or a local Dr. clinic & they'll tell you where :D

Its good to give... I wanted to when we had it here at work, but I would have needed someone to drive me home.. saddly I didn't have anyone... I'll do the next one, as blood saved Peters life.. well extended it.. poor lad needed so many bags it was insane.. it was pouring out faster then what they could put in.. he had more then one hooked up to him :(

When I am able to give blood, it'll be in his honor. God I miss him.

binka_nugget
12-18-2006, 01:56 PM
Call your doctor's office. They'll be able to point you in the right direction. :)

I'd love to give. I've wanted to for a long time now but the clinics don't accept from donors who have received a piercing or tattoo in however many months because of the risk of contracting HIV/Aids.. which is a shame since I've already been cleared of it, but I still can't donate for a few more months. :(