PDA

View Full Version : Your Hero?

Sevaede
12-18-2006, 08:30 AM
Who is your hero? Why? Post favourite stories about them here! :D

My husband is my hero. This is because of his actions on Saturday involving that wreck. I am just in awe. Besides that, I think he's just a beautiful person!

Argranade
12-18-2006, 11:03 AM
Spider-man, that's one freaking awsome super hero.

I mean he can spin web's, sence things, altho In the 3rd movie I want him to turn bad mouwhaha!

:p

jackmilliesmom
12-18-2006, 11:11 AM
My husband I posted a thread about his Christmas Spirit earlier on on General you should read it. He is definitely my hero.

My father was my hero until he passed away because no matter how bad I felt or how much I hurt he could always make me smile with his words and his actions.

I think everyone has a hero close to their heart and home.

lvpets2002
12-18-2006, 11:22 AM
;) My Heros are The Furr Purr Babies that let me come home everyday.. They each have a special story to their lives & I am so thankfull to have them all..

king2005
12-18-2006, 11:25 AM
I don't think I have one.

moosmom
12-19-2006, 01:03 PM
My daughter Amy Elizabeth is my hero.

At the age of 16, she was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor on her brainstem.

She underwent major brain surgery where they removed 75% of it. The other 25% they zapped with chemo and radiation.

She has been in remission for 14 years!!! She had to learn to walk, eat, speak, and dress herself all over again. She lost most of her high school friends (kids just don't know how to cope or what to say to someone in her position). She graduated with her class in 1996, even though she missed a whole year of school (she was home schooled). She lost most of her hair, as it never grew back.

She is now 30, lives on her own with my grandkitty, Callie Ann, and works part-time at an aviation company.

My kid beat the odds. She kept a positive attitude and did not let the "C" word become a death sentence.

She's my miracle kid and I'm VERY lucky to have her in my life.

BC_MoM
12-19-2006, 01:04 PM
My parents and God are my heroes. They're always there for me.

critter crazy
12-19-2006, 01:39 PM
My MOM!!! My mother, who was labled as "Slow" Because of a learning Disability, Raised me and my brother on her own. I am proud to say that i think we have turned out pretty darn well. You go Mom!!!!

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/mjones77/Our%20Family/100_3640.jpg

sumbirdy
12-19-2006, 02:41 PM
My mother is my hero. She has had seizures for 7 years and MS for longer than that. She was supposed to die years ago but she beat the odds! I would like to say that she is getting better but...she isn't. She will always be my hero.

My dad is another one of my heros. He has dealt with this very well. He can no longer have a job because he has to stay with mom 24/7 (he not only HAS to he WANTS to) He has always known how to do everything (in my eyes anyway) and at 17 I am STILL shocked when he says that he doesn't know something :eek: He has heart problems now and has had to have surgery. And through it all (with mom and his heart problem and now with the added fact that he will have to help raise my five-month old nephew for a while) he always has a smile and tries to make everything better than it is.