PDA

View Full Version : A succesfull weekend!

Trinityagain
12-18-2006, 07:05 AM
Yahoo! We managed to trap 2 kittens and momma on Saturday, they were "fixed" (or broken as my hubby says) Sunday morning. The best part? Both kittens now have homes. Momma came back to be released but I'll still consider this a success as we have stopped the kitten factory...or atleast this one. There is another clinic the beginning of January so we will try for the other 2 kittens at that time. What was rather heartwarming is that there has been an adult black cat hanging around, possibly daddy cat. He showed up Saturday night as we were loading everyone into the car. He spent the night (we think) with the 2 remaining kittens so they weren't alone....

Laura's Babies
12-18-2006, 08:13 AM
That was a successful weekend and thank you for doing this for the kitties. and the Mama cat. It is a job trapping those strays and ferals so GOOD LUCK with the other two and the Daddy cat.

Trinityagain
12-18-2006, 08:32 AM
The daddy cat doesn;t seem too afraid of us. He was about 1 foot from me last night when we got home and he didn't look scared or anything. Didn;t have that look that says "I am about to attack! Look out"...just sat and looked at me...we'll see what happens...it was definitely a good feeling if exhausting....

rkidsrcats
12-18-2006, 08:59 AM
Not an easy task, trapping cats and kits, and not everyone would care enough to do it.
good luck with the others - hope you are successful again!

The Tribe

Freedom
12-18-2006, 11:21 AM
You are too, too kind to this cat family, wonderful job!

K & L
12-18-2006, 01:12 PM
Great job!! I'm so happy to read this update.

Trinityagain
12-18-2006, 01:46 PM
Thanks everyone...I felt really good about it.

K&L, eveidently Pittsburgh has a group called the Homeless Cat Managment Team that does the clinics..there is another in January so hopefully we'll get the last 2 kittens, and maybe even Daddy cat, taken care of then.... :)

catmandu
12-18-2006, 06:47 PM
Its a shame that they cant find these cretins who by not caring for thier Pets are causing so much work for other people, and often tragedy for the Pets.
They are the same people who were spoiled by having things done for them when they were young.Now they just dont care, they are perpetual children never talking responsibilty for anything.
Bless You for giving those Little Ones a chance.