PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for miss piggy

caseysmom
12-17-2006, 06:32 PM
My daughter and I have been volunteering at a local shelter. There is one dog that has really pulled at my heart strings. I know I can't have her Casey is not very tolerant of other dogs and this dog needs to be in a home with no other dogs so its a bad combo.

She was clearly abused I have been socializing with her everytime I go there and she has come so far. She has a bad case of mange and would not even interact a few weeks ago, today I got a kiss on the face, it brought tears to my eyes.

I know this shelter will be very careful who they place her with, she is a pitbull with a face only a mother could love, she is all gray, has lost most of her hair and her head is gigantic with a small body. She is the sweetest thing you could ever meet. Me and my daughter go in with her and lay on her bed and she just sits with us, she needs to learn that people can be okay. I told my daughter I wish we could do a sleep over :D

buttercup132
12-17-2006, 06:37 PM
LOL a sleep over would be cute!! I wish my mom would do something like that with me.

I hope she gets a good home, maybe a non Pitty love will come and think she is cute but since she probly dosne't look very Pitty like with mange they will think she is a mix and adopt her and then she will be so sweet and they will change their minds about Pitties!!!:D Like that is going to happen but it would be nice.

I hope she finds a loving furever home.

bell_peaches
12-17-2006, 06:42 PM
keeping her in my prayers for loving safe home

Dorothy39
12-17-2006, 07:20 PM
How very fortunate for this sweet dog to have you and your daughter to help her feel sooo safe with Humans again ~ :cool:

Although you can't *have * her as your own, you have contributed a very special bond , and I Pray that Casey will be placed in a Loving Home~

A sleep over would be Great!!!!! :cool:

caseysmom
12-17-2006, 07:28 PM
Dorothy...casey is mine :D Its miss piggy that needs the safe home....

Buttercup, she definetely looks like a pit...her head is very large...I know this shelter is very careful who she goes too everyone is very in love with her.

I sneak her extra treats :o

cyber-sibes
12-17-2006, 09:50 PM
I will also pray Miss piggy gets a good loving home with people who will treasure her as you do. :)

caseysmom
12-18-2006, 09:45 AM
I will also pray Miss piggy gets a good loving home with people who will treasure her as you do. :)

Thank you for the prayers. I have been dreaming about this girl. My daughter said its going to break her heart when we can't see her anymore, I will be happy when she gets a good home but I will miss her.

Jadapit
12-18-2006, 12:36 PM
My prayers are with Miss Piggy! I love her name. Did the shelter give her that name? Does she *snort* like a pig? Ebony does all the time. I love it.

I'm so glad Miss Piggy has you and your daughter to give her lots of love. Please give her some loving for me. Bless her heart, it sounds like shes been through a lot. I hope she finds her forever home soon.

caseysmom
12-18-2006, 12:42 PM
Donna, yes they gave her the name, not sure why I didn't hear her snort and I did spend a lot of time with her. Poor thing, she is nowhere near as pretty as your girls. She needs someone just like you....someone that will look past that and not want her for the wrong reason.

This shelter if very good with pitties and who they give them to.