PDA

View Full Version : Gracies pups! UPDATE WITH PICS!

angelbow20
12-17-2006, 08:58 AM
OK this morning at 8 am, Gracie had a female pup then about 15 minute later she had alittle boy who didnt make it, and by 9 she had another boy, and now she must be resting because she hasnt had anymore yet! I will keep everyone updated!

borzoimom
12-17-2006, 09:00 AM
If she doesnt have one here within 30 minutes, you might want to give the vet a call. Is she straining or just resting?

borzoimom
12-17-2006, 09:08 AM
do you know how to recesitate a puppy? I can tell you, but the problem is it is subject to interputation of reading verses showing you how.. Maybe you could give that friend of yours a call.. They live nearby if I remember right..

angelbow20
12-17-2006, 10:23 AM
My one friend who works at a vet office is here, so far we have 3 boys and 1 girl and one boy that didnt make, so she has atleast 3 more to go.

borzoimom
12-17-2006, 10:24 AM
That is wonderful honey- I am glad you have help.. Keep us posted.

angelbow20
12-17-2006, 10:27 AM
Add another little boy to that!!!!

borzoimom
12-17-2006, 10:40 AM
Lol..

borzoimom
12-17-2006, 10:41 AM
do not forget to get her a oxy shot when she is done to clean her out to prevent parametia and mastitus..It also lets the milk down.

areias
12-17-2006, 12:56 PM
Any news?

Do they look like normal golden puppies? Or are they *something else*? ;)

tikeyas_mom
12-17-2006, 01:46 PM
we need an UPDATE!!!

lol any pics??

I would love to see the new little babes!!

bell_peaches
12-17-2006, 01:57 PM
Any updates yet. I second that would love to see pics Congradulations

borzoimom
12-17-2006, 04:18 PM
Well????

kittycats_delight
12-17-2006, 04:25 PM
All fingers and toes, whiskers and paws crossed here that no news is good news. Hope all went well. Please let us know.

chocolatepuppy
12-17-2006, 05:07 PM
I hope everything is ok.

kallisto4529
12-17-2006, 05:58 PM
Oh my gosh how exciting!!!!!! i cant wait to see the pics of the new puppies, hope everything is still going well. keeps us updated as soon as you can.

angelbow20
12-17-2006, 06:19 PM
sorry it tookd so long I had to go to work so my parents stayed home with her!! we have 4 boys and 2 girls so she only really had seven because another little boy also died.... Im trying to get pics momma isnt enjoying it too much and is very protective of her babies, and tomorrow im calling the vets to get her a shot and to check on her since they were closed today and I didnt want to make her travel so for to the emergency vet.... the last one born was a little girl around noon and she is the runt of the pups and was also the only breech puppy!

angelbow20
12-17-2006, 06:31 PM
OK heres a few pics of the babies!!!!!

buttercup132
12-17-2006, 06:40 PM
They are so cute! I'm glad everything went ok.
Thats alot of babies!! I could just imagine having all those puppies running the house lol .

bell_peaches
12-17-2006, 06:49 PM
Oh my how precious. Mommy looks a little tired. Bet of luck with the little ones. CONGRADULATIONS

borzoimom
12-17-2006, 06:51 PM
And look very healthy!!! You both did a very good job!!! Do not forget to give her extra food with maybe a raw egg for protein, and she needs plenty of water. Sometimes they they will not leave the nest to drink- hand her the water bowl but do not leave it in there in case it spills.
I see she loves her pool. I am so proud of you!!! YOu have been so worried and you BOTH did it!!! When the pups are weaned, get her spayed and then nothing will start again. I am sure since a friend was there was from the vets office for a little while, you gave her the oxy shot right??
I am VERY PROUD OF YOU!!! You looked for advice ahead of time, and were ready to go and take care of her and the pups.

angelbow20
12-17-2006, 06:58 PM
And look very healthy!!! You both did a very good job!!! Do not forget to give her extra food with maybe a raw egg for protein, and she needs plenty of water. Sometimes they they will not leave the nest to drink- hand her the water bowl but do not leave it in there in case it spills.
I see she loves her pool. I am so proud of you!!! YOu have been so worried and you BOTH did it!!! When the pups are weaned, get her spayed and then nothing will start again. I am sure since a friend was there was from the vets office for a little while, you gave her the oxy shot right??
I am VERY PROUD OF YOU!!! You looked for advice ahead of time, and were ready to go and take care of her and the pups.

Thanks haha I was a wreck well kinda. what foods help produce milk best? I have given her some chicken noodle soup because I read in a breeding book it was for them after giving birth and alittle milk with honey as well because I read that also, and I also gave her a hard boiled egg. any other good foods to give? Im calling the vets tom. morning to give her the shot and check her since it will still be in the 24 hr period and they arent open tonight and the closes vet is alittle while away and I really dont want to make her sit in a car for a long distance tonight so tom, morning Im calling them to get in there to give her the shot and check her out and then pups, the only problem I have now it getting certain ones to get on the nipple now, I stick them right on it and they dont stay on it at all!!!

borzoimom
12-17-2006, 07:03 PM
Okay you need higher in protein. chicken soup does work in labor, but I would not now.
Add raw egg to your food. You said you were feeding her puppy food. Can you get bil jac select ( can get it at Petsmart) for 4 weeks? That is higher in protein and easy for mom to digest. I also add " red Raspberry" it comes in capsules and available even at walmart. She gets two a day. This helps the hormone system- which runs the milk not to mention- her mood.. Now two days from now, she will be a little withdrawn from you. This is normal. Keep the friends OUT of her room now to keep her calm. Anxiety on her part does affect not only the milk production but the quality of it as well. I also add 250 mg of vitamin c a day. Its not much but it helps.
When you take out ( on a leash) remember when she comes back she will be frantic to check them. I use to have one person move the pups to one side and help the mother get in the other side- handing her a puppy right away, and moved slowly and calmly the others back.
I keep counting heads- how many did she have total?

angelbow20
12-17-2006, 07:10 PM
thanks for the info I will go to walmart tom and get some stuff... Uhh she had 7 but the one boy died so 6 are alive, its weird the male that died was bigger than all the others and was a really dark golden, I was so sad I couldnt save his, right when he came out she was slumped and blue and we tried to suction him and there was way too much fluid I think that could have alreayd drowned him before he was even all the way out. we Have one little boy is a bawl baby, one little boy who poops of pee's on me everytime I pick him up! and they all squirm everywhere and eat nonstop!! I just cant wait til they are a few weeks old and when they are walking?crawling and playing!

borzoimom
12-17-2006, 07:12 PM
You can get the bil jac at petsmart. I would not put a female supporting 6 puppies on any dog food at walmart. People think they save money by buying one of those foods, but the fact is- you feed more, and usually end up with skin problems etc. If you must buy at walmart- get pedigree but even that is a streach..

applesmom
12-17-2006, 07:14 PM
Cogratulations on the pups. What method of marking did you use so you can tell them apart?

borzoimom
12-17-2006, 07:17 PM
lol... pick up a pack of "ric rack". Its comes in a pack of colors. You usually get several colors. The one female will be easy.. lol..

angelbow20
12-17-2006, 07:19 PM
Oh I meant getting the red Raspberry capsules at walmart or looking for them anyway, are they in the pet section or human? and how many do you give her a day?

angelbow20
12-17-2006, 07:20 PM
lol... pick up a pack of "ric rack". Its comes in a pack of colors. You usually get several colors. The one female will be easy.. lol..
haha no we have 2 females the very first one and the very last one was a female, can you get them at walmart? is it ok to put a little nailpolish on the tips of there tails to tell them apart?

borzoimom
12-17-2006, 07:23 PM
haha no we have 2 females the very first one and the very last one was a female, can you get them at walmart? is it ok to put a little nailpolish on the tips of there tails to tell them apart?
Nail polish works. What you do is alternate- like left front, right front, left back, then right back. And then two toenails- left front, right front- but write them down as you go.

angelbow20
12-17-2006, 07:34 PM
Nail polish works. What you do is alternate- like left front, right front, left back, then right back. And then two toenails- left front, right front- but write them down as you go.

I was just going to stick a different color on each tail tip and then write it down on paper so that way I just look at the color an see what pup it is.

borzoimom
12-17-2006, 07:35 PM
I was just going to stick a different color on each tail tip and then write it down on paper so that way I just look at the color an see what pup it is.
That will work.. I could only use silver polish on my shepherds and went to ric rak after litter two.. lol..

chocolatepuppy
12-17-2006, 07:59 PM
Gracies pups are adorable! :) I'm glad everything turned out ok, I'm sorry about the one that died. :(

molucass
12-17-2006, 08:11 PM
Wow.. They look a lot like golden retrievers..

Strange, since she got out and got pregnant.. Maybe she bred to another golden??

Cute pups though, and I'm glad Mom is doing ok, and that 6 remaining pups are ok too.

borzoimom
12-17-2006, 08:18 PM
Losing a big one in whelp can happen. They stay too long in the birth canal.
She did great! I agree- they look like goldens but its hard to say at a few hours old. The color is beautiful..

Vela
12-17-2006, 08:44 PM
Wow.. They look a lot like golden retrievers..

Strange, since she got out and got pregnant.. Maybe she bred to another golden??

Cute pups though, and I'm glad Mom is doing ok, and that 6 remaining pups are ok too.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Guess we will see as they get older if they look any differnet. Would be quite the thing to have her accidentally get pregnant by another golden, I'd have expected a mix. I hope they continue to do okay too.

cyber-sibes
12-17-2006, 09:53 PM
look at all those little pink paws! I love the third picture of the little darker one doing frog legs, how cute! Gracie looks like a great mom - a little tired, but what new mom isn't? LOL! Good job!

angelbow20
12-17-2006, 09:56 PM
yeah they are little bawl babies, they cry every 5 seconds, I dont think I barelyt saw any of them stop nursing or stop looking for a nipple to nurse on.

angelbow20
12-17-2006, 10:09 PM
The father is a male golden who was never fixed because he is to be used as show possibly after he finishes getting all his info and check ups because he is still pretty young, im sure it wasnt the other dogs around because they would be mixed with a toy fox terrier, a black pitbull whos owners just moved here so i highly doubt them or a chihauha(spelling). and all the other dogs around here would def, be noticable, because she didnt wonder far and was in our yard. But it doesnt matter now because she is getting fixed shortly and she wont be going into heat again.

borzoimom
12-18-2006, 07:15 AM
Those pups looked too uniform to be a mix to me.. While tiny, there are some traits in each breed, even seen in puppies. They sure are cute.. If you need help making a pet contract including spay and neuter, let me know. You can even do it without any exchange of money. Like shelters do in their contracts.

kallisto4529
12-18-2006, 07:47 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! :D They are absolutely beautiful, there color is so pretty, she is doing so good, poor thing is tired though. im sorry about the boy that died though i know must be really sad, but look at the six beautiful ones she has. Good Job!!!!

applesmom
12-18-2006, 10:32 AM
The father is a male golden who was never fixed because he is to be used as show possibly after he finishes getting all his info and check ups because he is still pretty young, im sure it wasnt the other dogs around because they would be mixed with a toy fox terrier, a black pitbull whos owners just moved here so i highly doubt them or a chihauha(spelling). and all the other dogs around here would def, be noticable, because she didnt wonder far and was in our yard. But it doesnt matter now because she is getting fixed shortly and she wont be going into heat again.

What a coincidence! If you're going to have an "oops" breeding, you can't get any luckier than that!

angelbow20
12-18-2006, 11:15 AM
What a coincidence! If you're going to have an "oops" breeding, you can't get any luckier than that!

yeah atleast the people im giving them to get a purebred for free and all shots and health checks included... I wish I was that lucky when I was looking for puppies in the past.

molucass
12-18-2006, 11:54 AM
I honestly can't see how this was an accidental breeding if she just happens to get out and a golden retriever bred to her..

Way too coincidental.

angelbow20
12-18-2006, 11:58 AM
I honestly can't see how this was an accidental breeding if she just happens to get out and a golden retriever bred to her..

Way too coincidental.

Well believe me it wasnt something actually planned at all... thats why we seperated her in the first place....also if i wanted to breed her usaully people sell the puppies, Im not selling them at all just giving them to good homes. You dont need to believe I really dont care, Im not starting a fight over this because I know the truth and its pointless to try to make points or anything, I prolly shouldnt even show anymore pic because somebody always has to start trouble with me so im just done here.

borzoimom
12-18-2006, 12:04 PM
Well if its a nearby neighbors dog, and he knew she was coming in and has bred before, its entirely possible. Where I lived when I had my shepherds, there was a near by doberman and he always started coming around if I had a female coming in. However- I always kept my females in heat on a leash when outside. He also would try to get in my 6 foot high fence. I finally called animal control and after repeated reports of him running loose, it stopped. However- I still maintained keeping a female in heat on a leash and with me when in the yard. Doors locked too- ..

angelbow20
12-18-2006, 12:10 PM
Well if its a nearby neighbors dog, and he knew she was coming in and has bred before, its entirely possible. Where I lived when I had my shepherds, there was a near by doberman and he always started coming around if I had a female coming in. However- I always kept my females in heat on a leash when outside. He also would try to get in my 6 foot high fence. I finally called animal control and after repeated reports of him running loose, it stopped. However- I still maintained keeping a female in heat on a leash and with me when in the yard. Doors locked too- ..

We do have alot of goldens around, its like the most popular dog around here, we have 5 just on our street, I made the mistake of letting her in the fenced in yard isteand of a leash she got pregnant, never something I meant to happen, I thought she was safe and wouldnt get out and I learned my lesson.

borzoimom
12-18-2006, 12:11 PM
Well thats alright. Just take good care of the puppies and after they are weaned her biological clock starts over again, so get her spayed when they are weaned. she will be tired of them by then anyway.
YOu area with goldens sounds like our area with Border Collies. I swear half the county has border collies.

angelbow20
12-18-2006, 12:12 PM
and its obviously not a small dogs pups, there is no way she would have pups witha 4 pound male. so its a golden for sure.

borzoimom
12-18-2006, 12:14 PM
and its obviously not a small dogs pups, there is no way she would have pups witha 4 pound male. so its a golden for sure.
Also so other colors..
Did you get the bil Jac or the pedigree? And did you get her oxy shot yet?

angelbow20
12-18-2006, 12:19 PM
Also so other colors..
Did you get the bil Jac or the pedigree? And did you get her oxy shot yet?
Well i have pedigree right now. she is going to the vets today and I even asked on the phone about giving her a shot and lady was like " she doesnt need a shot" and I was like well I want her checked anyway so hopefully the vet will give her one today. She is also bleeding a bit its clotty and black and some fresh looking blood thats normal isnt it? she is getting checked for that also because I was worried and called them about that also, she wont eat any puppy food in anyway right now she still hasnt got out of the box only once because I had to clean her sheets because she went pee in the box!! after I tried to get her to go out all night and she wouldnt budge at all.. thats when i noticed the blood because she jumped on the couch quick and got blood allover my blanket and couch.

borzoimom
12-18-2006, 12:21 PM
uh huh- you tell the vet to give it to her. It cleans out the uterus and prevents infection. She is a older dog and it wont contract as quick. If they still argue with you- find another vet... lol..

angelbow20
12-18-2006, 12:24 PM
uh huh- you tell the vet to give it to her. It cleans out the uterus and prevents infection. She is a older dog and it wont contract as quick. If they still argue with you- find another vet... lol..

well I have to work so I will be sure to tell my mom to let them know about getting the shot, I figure if they check her out and he notices anything he would prolly give her the shot anyway. and im hoping she isnt bleeding too much and hopes it normal as well as everything else. and hopefully she will start eating soon and as well as going outside to go to the bathroom and walking around some, I dont want to push her right now seeing how they are only about 24 hours old and she is still tired and very protective of them and doesnt want to leave them at all yet.

borzoimom
12-18-2006, 12:25 PM
okay I pm'd you... let her read it..

borzoimom
12-19-2006, 08:50 AM
How did it go at the vets yesterday?

Freedom
12-19-2006, 04:20 PM
AAWWW those puppies are SO sweet, great colors, "they look just like mom!" Great job, congrats to you and the new mommie!!!