View Full Version : Update on Sweetpea and baby PeaPod.

rg_girlca
12-15-2006, 10:45 PM
Hi everyone;

I am very happy, to inform you that Sweetpea AND PeaPod will be going to their new home together in a few weeks. I went through about 6-8 interviews with people interested in one or the other. Some of them I wouldn't have even given a cat off the street to, let alone the "Peas."
I met with a couple the other day and their 17 year old daughter and they spent almost 2 hours here talking with us and spending time with Sweetpea & PeaPod.
They are all such nice people and are completely in love with the "Peas."
Hey, who could blame them, right. :D
They own their home and are both teachers. They were looking to just adopt PeaPod but then decided that they couldn't part him with his mama, so they are adopting the both of them.
The most important part is that they have agreed to keep in contact with me and keep me updated on them and send pictures. :)
I am happy, but also sad at the same time. I am sure going to miss them.

Hey, CATNAPPER/KIM, who's snickering now eh girlfriend. ;)

Okay, enough talk, on with the pictures in the next post. :D

critter crazy
12-15-2006, 10:49 PM
That is such awsome news!!! Yea for Sweet Pea and Pea Pod!!! I know you will be sad, but like you said they are going to a great home!! This is so exciting!!!

rg_girlca
12-15-2006, 10:51 PM
As you all know, PeaPod will be 8 weeks old tomorrow.

Hanging out with the BIG cat.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid220/pcbc3a74049360fa56c1866dd86d3fae2/eb9ae178.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid220/p9e3fdf67ae9d1bdd78728a85df8f7fa7/eb9ae158.jpg

He fell asleep in my wastebasket. I always seem to catch him with a dirty nose.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid220/pfb4bb63cbda9a861557a36cfa242340f/eb9ae122.jpg

Sleeping with his foster daddy.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid220/p6d85fc4c3cbb14ccd366ea0217269790/eb9ae100.jpg

Don't go away, more in next post. :)

rg_girlca
12-15-2006, 10:54 PM
With mama and foster daddy. Check out that tail on SweetPea.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid220/p64f70bc7c7b6624dde57a4d8e5df1a82/eb9ae0db.jpg

Close up of the cutie pie.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid220/p4c380d59daa0ccf855ea5e728176f3e4/eb9adbd3.jpg

What a sleepy baby.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid220/p1f446ebc15f66f60b415bf13e23edcb3/eb9adb8d.jpg

That's all for now folks. :D

critter crazy
12-15-2006, 10:57 PM
The Pics are all great!! they are all such cute kitties, but of course pea pod steals the show!!!

This pic is so great! i love how they are all together, and WOW look at Sweet peas Tail!!!! Gorgeous!!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid220/p64f70bc7c7b6624dde57a4d8e5df1a82/eb9ae0db.jpg

krazyaboutkatz
12-15-2006, 11:00 PM
All of these pictures sure are adorable.:) I'm so happy that both Sweetpea and PeaPod will be going to a new forever loving home together.:) I am sad that it's not another PT'er that's adopting them.:( I hope that they'll do as the promised and keep you up to date with pictures and stories.:)

When will they be leaving? Will Sweetpea be spayed before she goes?

rg_girlca
12-15-2006, 11:20 PM
Thank you all for your nice comments. :)

Yes KAK, Sweetpea has an appointment on the 20th for her spay and will stay with me in my room. The vet suggested to keep Sweetpea and PeaPod separated for 10 days to heal since he still wants to nurse off of her, but mama isn't so willing to let that happen that much now.
They might be leaving by the end of December or beginning of January.

Karen
12-15-2006, 11:29 PM
How wonderful. And they simply must join Pet Talk, so we can watch him as he grows, and her as she blossoms further into the gorgeous well-loved and fed kitty she is meant to be!

Bless them all!

shais_mom
12-16-2006, 12:01 AM
aaww
I hope they join PT too so we can watch this darling grow up!
boy Sweet Pea's tail is gorgeous!

jazzcat
12-16-2006, 12:47 AM
Lorraine that is awesome news! I'm so surprised that you were able to do this but of course they aren't gone yet. That is when the really hard part comes, saying goodbye.

You done good! :D

Love the pictures.

rg_girlca
12-16-2006, 01:09 AM
You're surprised Lori, I'm more surprised at myself. LOL!!!!

I know the hard part is yet to come. :( I just hope I can hold the crying in until they leave. But I look at it this way....I'm sure there will be another kitty out there somewhere who might need my help. :)

jenluckenbach
12-16-2006, 05:10 AM
CONGRATULATIONS to the Peas!

The best news ever is that they will be staying together. They are just too adorable together.

CultureJunky
12-16-2006, 05:53 AM
That is absolutely fantastic news about peapod and sweetpea. I have watched all this on PT from the beginning like everybody else and have been sad, heartwarmed, delighted all the way through their story.
You have done such an incredible thing to take Sweetpea in, and get her through her pregnancy, helping her with the babies, and eventually just little peapod was left, and it's been such a rollercoaster ride to watch that I can't imagine what it was like to actually experience first hand.
You have done an amazing job in getting them homes, and I have to admit they sound excellent. Proffesional people who will take care of them both properly and they'll be in a loving home.
Do they live very far away Lorraine?
I can't wait to see pictures of Peapod growing up into the handsome young man he's going to be.
Well done on finding them homes, and you see although it was quite long, it was worth holding onto them to get the right people and home for the precious two that we've all come to love :D
Kate

orangemm
12-16-2006, 06:06 AM
What wonderful, happy, and bittersweet news! I'm thrilled that Sweetpea and Peapod will be adopted together; it's the best possible outcome for them (unless YOU kept them).

You've worked a miracle with both of them, "poofing" Sweetpea and helping her raise her little one. You are a hero in the truest sense of the word. They both owe their lives to you.

I know, I'd cry, too, and I know you will, when they go to their new home, but from what you've said, the new people will love and care for them just like you would.

We'll cry, too, because we won't get those weekly updates with the adorable pictures................... :(

trayi52
12-16-2006, 06:18 AM
Wow, Lorraine, I just knew you would keep P-Pod! Well anyway, as long as they are going to a really good home, and they will send pictures. You can still keep us updated that way! I know you are going to miss the both of them.

I am happy they are going to a good home, though. I'm glad you stuck to your guns and kept interviewing people until you knew you had the right ones. Good for you!

By the way, those are such great pictures, I am going to miss seeing the P-Pod. Hope they keep sending you lots of pictures, so you can post just as many as ever. We still want to see that baby grow up. Any chance of the new owners joining Pet Talk?

Thanks for the update, Lorraine.

Willie :)

CatLuvrs
12-16-2006, 07:15 AM
That is awesome! I sure will miss seeing pics of those two sweeties!

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-16-2006, 07:28 AM
I am so happy to hear that they won't be seperated!! You found "purrrrfect purrents" !!

You have done such a great job, Lorraine!! I know this will hurt enormously to see them leave. I hope that those people join PT, I cannot wait to see pics from them in their new home!

smokey the elder
12-16-2006, 07:36 AM
Congratulations! I think you should have made it a condition of adoption that they join Pet Talk! :p

catnapper
12-16-2006, 07:56 AM
Hey, CATNAPPER/KIM, who's snickering now eh girlfriend. ;)

Ok, ok, so maybe nobody's snickering, but I definately am beaming with pride that you became a successful foster mom! :D

Congrats on finding such a fabulous home for BOTH those precious kitties.

Killearn Kitties
12-16-2006, 08:33 AM
Well done to you for finding them a home together! I am so pleased that these people will take both the Peas. :D Of course I am also devastated to lose them. I look forward so much to my weekly updates. Please take as many pictures of our PeaPod as you have time for before he goes.

I knew you could do it. ;)

Laura's Babies
12-16-2006, 08:46 AM
I am THRILLED that they are getting to stay together. That is such LUCK for both the Pea's. I think I would have to have her a book of Pods pictures from birth made so she would get they hint and make sure you got pictures of him growing up.

Any chance of getting them to join PT?

kuhio98
12-16-2006, 09:02 AM
Lorraine ~ Please give them the link to Pet Talk/Pet of the Day. They can see all the photos of the Peas and hopefully, they will join so we can get to stay in touch and see them have long, happy and healthy lives.

Great Job!

Bengalz
12-16-2006, 09:24 AM
Great news for the Peas and such a wonderful gift for you Lorraine :) Their new home sounds just right and having them stay together is such a bonus. I too hope their new purrents will join PT and keep us all informed :D

Thank you again for having a beautiful heart in helping Sweetpea through such a difficult situation. She would not likely have survived without you. Today she is happy and healthy and has a gorgeous baby boy :) and a new home to go to with people to love and cherish them both. I can't think of a happier ending :D

Hugs to you and the little Peas - the best Christmas present!!

Betty

momoffuzzyfaces
12-16-2006, 01:05 PM
Ok, I'm already crying!!! but I'm happy too that at least he and his mommy will stay together!!!

Edwina's Secretary
12-16-2006, 01:20 PM
What doubly lucky kitties are the Peas. First to be rescued with love and now to be placed in a furrever home with love.

catfamily
12-16-2006, 01:44 PM
Wow you did great finding them a home.And you picked the right people because they thought about taking both because they'd need each other.Those are the kind of people we LOVE.Great job Lorraine. :)

Mad Mags Moo
12-16-2006, 01:54 PM
Great news! At least they will be together! Congrats! :D :D

Freedom
12-16-2006, 04:06 PM
What great news that they will stay together! Maybe you should hint that if their situation changes in the future, they let you know to take them back. And give them the Pet Talk link. They sure sound like good cat owners.

RedHedd
12-16-2006, 04:42 PM
I'm so happy they won't be separated. Hopefully their new purrents will join PT so we can continue to watch PeaPod grow up. I also hope they keep their names the same. SweetPea has a beautiful tail! I hope her son inherited that trait too. He's such a cutie patootie! What a wonderful Christmas gift for that family. Job well done!

sasvermont
12-16-2006, 05:32 PM
If the new purents keep their promises, and send you photos etc. you will feel really good about allowing them their own home with more individual love. They will adjust. You will adjust. I promise.

I hear about Timstead, aka Radar, nearly every day. I am cat sitting little Radar over Christmas, for his new owners, but Radar will be staying in his own home. I have one cat that tested positive for FIP, so no visitors.

I am so happy Peapod and Sweetpea have a new home!

Congrats!

catmandu
12-16-2006, 08:08 PM
Thats Great News!
A Christmas Present for the Peas as they will get a Furr Ever Home!
And two New Guardians will get a Mother and Daughter who will fill thier lives with Beauty, Fun and Joy.
A Win Win Situation.
Bless You Lorraine for giving the Peas this Second Chance.

phesina
12-17-2006, 09:06 AM
Wonderful news! For the Peas, for their new purrents, for you, for all of us, and for the cats you will be able to help in the future.

Pat, Peony, Sydney, Priscilla, Poppy, and Elmer

dukedogsmom
12-19-2006, 03:09 AM
That is great news. However, I'm going to miss seeing pics of that adorable kitten. Take some more before they leave, ok? Maybe the adopted family will share some pics with you. It is great that they won't be separated.

Vermontcat
12-20-2006, 07:43 PM
That's great that Sweetpea and PeaPod will be staying together when they go to their new home. :)
I sure will miss seeing the adorable photos of them so be sure to take a lot of photos of them before they leave.
You did such a good job taking care of them. :)

rg_girlca
12-20-2006, 08:22 PM
Thank you everyone for your lovely comments.

I'm sure, no, I know I did what anyone of you would have done if given the chance.

Lots of pictures will be taken and yes they will keep me updated on them and send pictures. They also have invited us to their house once the "Peas" have settled in. So I will make sure my batteries are charged and take pictures of them in their new home. They don't live far from us, only about a 15 - 20 minute drive.

Oh I forgot to mention that they also have a dog, who grew up with cats. From what they tell me, he seems like a very gently soul. He is 9 years old.

Rie Rie
12-20-2006, 08:25 PM
All three cats are beautiful, but I just can't stop looking at little PeaPod, he is just absolutely adorable. His little face could melt anyones' heart. It's great that they you found a home they couuld go to together.