PDA

View Full Version : Prayers-update pg 2-biopsy surgery :(

Jods
12-15-2006, 07:53 PM
We are living with my grandma right now and a few days ago her cat Hagar started limping she thought he maybe sprained it running outside and said she'd give him a few days to heal and if not off to the vets. Well it seemed to get worse so she took him to the vet today and the vet said she thinks its a tumor inside and he may have to have his leg amputated. They did x-rays and some tests and they get the results tomorrow. Please pray he won't have to have his leg amputated. :( I will post an update as soon as we know.

Catlady711
12-15-2006, 08:06 PM
I hope Hagar gets to feeling frisky again soon and that her lump is just some harmless swelling.

If it is cancer and they do have to amputate, I hope it's early enough that any cancer hasn't spread. Animals actually do adapt quite well to using 3 legs though.

Laura's Babies
12-15-2006, 09:07 PM
GOOD LUCK! Fingers and paws crossed here..

rg_girlca
12-15-2006, 09:40 PM
Oh how awful. :( Prayers and positive thoughts on the way that precious Hagar will not have his leg amputated. Poor baby.

krazyaboutkatz
12-15-2006, 11:13 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( I hope that everything goes well and lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

smokey the elder
12-16-2006, 07:45 AM
This is what Smokey the Elder had. She adapted very well to having 3 legs. The day I brought her in for the surgery, there were two other people at the vet who had amputee pets, and they both said the animals adapted fine. Good luck.

Jods
12-16-2006, 07:06 PM
well I still have no news my grandma left to go out when I was already out shopping so I don't know if the vet called or not his number wasn't on the phone, but she may have called knowing that she was going out hmmmmmmm Will keep you updated thatnks for the positive thoughts everyone.

DJFyrewolf36
12-16-2006, 07:21 PM
Prayers on the way for your grandmums kitty!

catmandu
12-16-2006, 07:59 PM
We ceratinly are sending a Prayer that Hagar does not lose his leg.
That would be the best Pet Mas Gift of All.

Jods
12-16-2006, 09:30 PM
Well my grandmas home and she is very upset they didn't call she wanted too but wanted to give the vet woman time since she wanted to talk about the results with the other two vets in the building so for now we have to wait till monday :eek: :( Hopefully no news is good news, for now he is still taking an antibiotic since they found white blood cells in the spot. :(

orangemm
12-17-2006, 07:48 AM
Lots of prayers going up! We'll all keep thinking good thoughts............

Jods
12-18-2006, 10:58 AM
Is cancer :( I am sooo sad, I just got the call and then had to call my grandma at work to give her the news. The vet said there were two options they could remove the leg like they said before and do some tests to see if its invasive and worth removing the leg. They said that if its a cancer that spreads there is no point amputating. He goes in Wed for the biopsy please keep him in your prayers that the leg can be removed and it hasn't spread

momcat
12-18-2006, 11:53 AM
You have certainly come to the right place for prayers. Praying that Hagar will come through this without the need for major surgery. Please let us know how he's doing?

krazyaboutkatz
12-19-2006, 12:05 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that he has cancer.:( I hope that the biopsy goes well and that it's only in his leg so if it's amputated then he'll remain cancer free. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

CultureJunky
12-19-2006, 04:00 AM
I'm praying for Hagar at this time and send wishes and thoughts so that he will get better and not have to go through that operation.
Meows and Purrs from Jack & Sunny

critters
12-19-2006, 04:50 AM
Tripods almost always do fine. I think there are 2 new cancer tripods at http://catsincrisis.org/phpBB/?submit.x=179&submit.y=21 and a whole bunch on the amputation bb at http://handicappedpets.com/help/ . Good luck!

trayi52
12-19-2006, 05:39 AM
So sorry to hear that it was cancer. I will be praying for you, your grandmother, and your sweet Hager, that he doesn't have to go through major surgery to get rid of the cancer. Hopefully he will go through this with flying colors!

((((HUGS))))

Willie

smokey the elder
12-19-2006, 07:01 AM
I hope it is localized. How old is the cat? I have had two cats with cancer go through chemo and they did well. One is still with us, and no sign of return!

Jods
12-19-2006, 08:24 PM
he is 5 or 6. Tomorrow is the big day :(

Jods
12-19-2006, 08:36 PM
I hope it is localized. How old is the cat? I have had two cats with cancer go through chemo and they did well. One is still with us, and no sign of return!

Can they do chemo for bone cancer? I just talked to my grandma and she said she was wondering if they did chemo on pets. I told her yes but we'gre not sure if our vet does it cuz that wasn't one of the options given to us it was like either the leg can be amoutated if it can't then theres no point doing anything. We're gonna take it one step at a time, but were gonna find out all our options. I'm gonna go research chemo for pets right now.

Jods
12-20-2006, 10:48 AM
SO he just had his biopsy surgery and the vet just called and said we can pick him up late this afternoon since hes in alot of pain :( Please keep praying. The results from the biopsy will come back in 4 days. :(

gini
12-20-2006, 10:52 AM
I am so sorry to read that you are going through this. Hopefully you will have some quality time with him.