PDA

View Full Version : Do you LOVE Ferrets

#1Wolflover
12-15-2006, 05:37 PM
Ok I'm writing this to see how many Ferret lovers will reply to this thread!! :D

Answer this question- How much do you like ferrets? ;)

Catty1
12-15-2006, 07:03 PM
I have met ferrets, and, cute as they are - they are SUCH a perpetual motion machine that I don't feel I could own one! I mean - do they ever get SLEEPY and actually CUDDLE??? :)

#1Wolflover
12-15-2006, 07:18 PM
well thats a funny question because ferrets actually sleep 20 hours a day.lol. They play so rough during the other four hours that they need to rest that long! Well I have a ferret named Lakota and even though I seldomly get to cuddle I very much enjoy his personality!!! Just watching him steal my socks and take it under my bed is enough to keep me laughing all day! Ferrets are kind of like cats if they want loving then they make sure they get it! lol :D

Vette
12-15-2006, 07:51 PM
Theres sooooo cute!!
does 'a lot' cover it? :D

dont have one though,, but there just too cute for their own good

critter crazy
12-15-2006, 07:54 PM
I have met many ferrets, and i just love them!! I love th energy, the playfulness, and of course the sillyness!! I would love to own one some day!

#1Wolflover
12-15-2006, 08:00 PM
yes a ferret is a definite cutie, and makes a very good pet, as long as you've got enough time (and energy lol).

Chilli
12-15-2006, 10:01 PM
I like them.. ALOT! :D I often babysit Larry(my sister's ferret) and love to spend some time with the ball of energy.. Though I don't believe ferrets are for me. I'll stick with my rats^^.

BitsyNaceyDog
12-15-2006, 10:15 PM
I had a ferret named Yeager. She was a rescue and was older when we got her. We only had her for two years before she went to RB. My husband and I both miss her and know we will have ferrets in our life again one day.

#1Wolflover
12-15-2006, 11:42 PM
I think ferrets bring a family closer in a way! :p (an energetic way lol)

Husky15
12-16-2006, 12:35 AM
I LOVE ferrets! They are just way too cute. I love seeing them in pet stores when they're in. I want to own one, but my parents won't allow me to.

Anita Cholaine
12-16-2006, 07:19 AM
I think they are adorable, but I've never met any, it's just not an animal you commonly see in pet stores here.

I don't think it would be a good idea to have one, though. Anita hates any kind of small animal that is in a cage and moves ;)

borzoimom
12-16-2006, 07:52 AM
I love Ferrets. I had two- a neutered male and spayed female. The male was more of a snuggler, but a little stronger odor, but the female was more mischevious. I loved both of them. I loved to watch them play, and they were so easy to house break. Give them a rather large cardboard tube- and you had hours of entertainment watching them... lol..

#1Wolflover
12-16-2006, 08:39 AM
It doesn't take much to please a ferret! lol

borzoimom
12-16-2006, 08:45 AM
A favorite toy, even if I did have to clean up, was a pretty good size but not too big shipping box with those plastic peanuts in it.. lol.. They use to get flat out besides themselves in silliness.

#1Wolflover
12-16-2006, 08:50 AM
My ferret Lakota loves to play chase the cat in my room! But recently my cat stays high off the ground! lol :)

Argranade
12-16-2006, 10:45 AM
There cute I geuss but honestly I could NEVER stand one .. they smell even at my super clean pet shop the babies cage smelt realy bad after only a few poops ... there not for me but I don't hate them or anything, I'll stick with birds.

#1Wolflover
12-16-2006, 10:53 AM
There cute I geuss but honestly I could NEVER stand one .. they smell even at my super clean pet shop the babies cage smelt realy bad after only a few poops ... there not for me but I don't hate them or anything, I'll stick with birds.
well true they do smell, but it tends to only be at pet shops where theres more than one that smell. I brought mine home and he no longer smells, you can also buy special deoderizer if the smell is to much! But I understand ferrets aren't for everbody! I also have two parakeets Milo(green;male), and Snowy(white and blue; female)!

borzoimom
12-16-2006, 10:59 AM
Descented they are much better, but there is a odor. Oust came out about then and man it works!

#1Wolflover
12-16-2006, 11:03 AM
I use fabrezze! :p

manda_moo87
12-16-2006, 11:22 AM
I adore ferrets - I always admire them when I pop into a pet store, they have the cutest little faces! I've never actually "met" one before though.

Barbara
12-16-2006, 11:46 AM
I think ferrets are the cutest little creatures. I never met one but I would love to meet one.

mike001
12-16-2006, 12:52 PM
Only see them in the pet stores, never in person. Someone had told me that if you had a ferret in your house you would never had mice. We don't have mice, but a friend of mine does so I asked the pet store about this. It's apparently just an old wives tale, he said to get a cat lol.

Ferretgirl
12-16-2006, 12:55 PM
Ferrets are really cool! I love them! I have five currently. =)

Sophist
12-17-2006, 01:56 AM
:( I have never met a ferret.

#1Wolflover
12-17-2006, 06:53 PM
:( I have never met a ferret.
Really never! You haven't even seen one in a pet store?

#1Wolflover
12-17-2006, 07:39 PM
Ferrets are really cool! I love them! I have five currently. =)
whats your ferrets names?

Queen of Poop
12-18-2006, 08:12 AM
I just lost the last of my 4 ferrets last Tuesday. They are the most wonderful little fur babies ever. Unfortunately they are very prone to cancers and other diseases. I miss all of my boys terribly. I won't have another ferret for a while. I need to get over the heartbreak of losing 2 of them this year.

Sevaede
12-18-2006, 01:11 PM
My/my parents last ferret, an albino girl named Honey, passed away recently.

Mimi and Honey were litterbox trained. As with all litterboxes, that smelled if someone went too long without changing it but that didn't happen very often. Only when my brother would conveniently "forget" :rolleyes: .

They were descented and never smelled. Their habitats were washed regularly, as was their bedding, and they received baths as needed.

I am hoping to order a big habitat from PetEdge one of these days and adding a couple of ferrets to my crew. :cool:

lv4dogs
12-19-2006, 02:41 PM
Of course I love ferrets, I currently have three, Spurr, Kiana & Merlyn. They are hard to care for but pure joy to own.