PDA

View Full Version : Aren't we a little old for this?

Sophist
12-15-2006, 03:46 PM
:rolleyes: Just curious if anyone else has had this sort of reaction. I was being introduced to a group of students more or less my age, when my introducer mentioned that I was 'animal crazy' and totally into my pets, and one of them asked "Aren't you a little old for that stuff?"

This isn't the first time someone has tried to make me feel really loving animals and being very devoted to pets is something one should outgrow, and that things like dogs are not appropriate adult interests. Has anyone else come across this?

:D It's beside the point, but my favorite part was that the person who said it was wearing a SpongeBob SquarePants shirt.

Sevaede
12-15-2006, 03:53 PM
Exactly! I completely understand.

Those are the kind of people that make me giggle on the inside and it takes a lot not to laugh right then and there. :p

borzoimom
12-15-2006, 04:07 PM
Loving pets is not just for a childhood thing- and those of us older, it turns into a passion that lasts our entire lifetime!!!!

MajesticCollies
12-15-2006, 04:16 PM
borzoimomLoving pets is not just for a childhood thing- and those of us older, it turns into a passion that lasts our entire lifetime!!!!

My thoughts exactly Michelle!!!!! To tell you all the truth I would rather spend time with my Collies than some of the people I know around me.

lvpets2002
12-15-2006, 04:27 PM
:) Thank you I know I love my time with my babies way more than I with Two Legged Idiots.. Getting to old My &%*#@.. :rolleyes:
My thoughts exactly Michelle!!!!! To tell you all the truth I would rather spend time with my Collies than some of the people I know around me.

chocolatepuppy
12-15-2006, 04:38 PM
Some people don't know what they're missing. ;) Why on earth would having pets have anything to do with age. :confused:
Today in Walmart I heard one lady say to another, "do you think it would be dumb if I get my cat a Christmas present?" I heard this as I was loading up my cart with yet more presents for the furkids and fish. ;) Then I came home and called Foster and Smith. :o

Lizzie
12-15-2006, 04:43 PM
These are the same twits who assume that if you are "into animals" when you are middle aged that you are filling "something missing" from your life. None of them understand the natural connection you feel and that lasts your entire life, but those who have it truly appreciate that gift!

borzoimom
12-15-2006, 04:54 PM
I will trust someones dog alot quicker than people the leash is attached too...No kidding- I actually trust dog people that have the age " under their belts".. They are more capable of understanding compassion, caring and giving of themselves..

Karen
12-15-2006, 05:15 PM
If you are "too old" for love, then you are too old to live. Tell them that, next time, as there is no love like the unconditional love a pet will give you.

TFTpwnsYou
12-15-2006, 05:20 PM
If you are "too old" for love, then you are too old to live. Tell them that, next time, as there is no love like the unconditional love a pet will give you.

That's a good one. I've never had anyone tell me I'm too old to be soooo involved with my dogs. I've had quite a few people ask why I would want a dog. I gave them every reason in the book I could think of.

Cinder & Smoke
12-15-2006, 05:43 PM
To tell you all the truth,
I would rather spend time with my Collies than some of the people I know around me.

:D
<snikker>
<smirk>

Oh, MY thoughts, exactly!!
;)

moosmom
12-15-2006, 10:30 PM
My response would be, "You say I'm animal crazy like it's a BAD thing."

Some people just don't get it. I have absolutely NO time for them.

Anita Cholaine
12-16-2006, 07:28 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Stupid, stupid people who will never understand our "childish passion for pets"
I'm so tired of them.

If being "animal crazy" is childish, then I want to be a child forever.

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-16-2006, 07:42 AM
"CRAZY" hey?? Well, tell them I am happily crazy!!

Miss Z
12-16-2006, 08:13 AM
http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gif It's beside the point, but my favorite part was that the person who said it was wearing a SpongeBob SquarePants shirt.

*bursts out laughing*!!!!!

Eh, if someone hasn't got time for animals, I haven't got time for them. Our lives as PTers would be better if they just stayed at home watching SpongeBob Squarepants all alone. ;)

Sophist
12-17-2006, 02:00 AM

Good answer for the really troublesome and judgemental ones!

Sophist
12-17-2006, 02:01 AM
If being "animal crazy" is childish, then I want to be a child forever.

(claps loudly)

anna_66
12-17-2006, 07:38 AM
To tell you all the truth I would rather spend time with my Collies than some of the people I know around me.
OMG, I think this every day when I come home from work;):p:D

-------------------------------------------------------------------
I think this is an appropriate place to post my DOTD calendar quote:

"Dogs aren't like family members, they are family members."
-Frank DeCaro