PDA

View Full Version : Mamma cat update...

emilysgk
12-15-2006, 12:37 PM
Wow... Beeb is still pregnant. Its hard to believe. I guess we were off on the dates? She has gotten a lot larger in the last week even. I should try and get more pics of her, this is going to be a rather large litter im quite sure of that. Since she looks like she has a lot of siamese I guess thats somewhat normal? I did some research and found that its common for siamese to have big litters. I know any cat CAN but I have never seen it. Never more than 5 in my experience. Im quite positive there are more than that though. Her milk came in a few days ago and is kind of hanging slightly, so it really couldnt be much longer right? She has finally gotten to the point that you can see she is somewhat uncomfortable with her size. All you have to do is look at her to see the babes are still plenty active. We also noticed that they have deffinately moved down/back. She is still eating, though very small amounts often. She doesnt seem to have picked a spot still. Unless she plans on having them on the couch or under the table. She is always in one of them spots, day or night. We tried closing her off to the back bedroom, its nice and quiet in there with low light, acess to a closet a bed (under..you know cats) but she HATED it. Guess not in her plans. I will let you know when she finally has them. Maybe get pics to put on here later.

Laura's Babies
12-15-2006, 05:40 PM
Hope she has them soon so I can see them!!!

catmandu
12-15-2006, 06:18 PM
We are praying that no matter where she has her Kittens that they will be all right, and the delivery will go off without a hitch.
Momma Cats are notorious for picking the oddest spots to have thier Babies.

Catty1
12-15-2006, 06:43 PM
Prayers and good wishes to Beeb, that all goes well.

If Beeb is under a year old, bear in mind that some of the kittens may be weak because of her age, and might not make it. Not to worry you - just don't blame yourself in the unlikely chance this might happen.

HUGS! I am looking forward to pics. Meezers DO have large litters, and I am sure Beeb is ready for this to be over with! :)

rg_girlca
12-15-2006, 09:24 PM
I would make a nesting place for her in the closet. When Sweetpea was ready to have her babies, she was very clingy to me that day, very restless and I noticed a slight discharge a couple of hours before she gave birth. I just knew that she was going to have her babies sometime during the night, so I stayed in the room with her where I made a nesting place for her in my wardrobe. Sure enough, when she went into labour, she went right into the wardrobe to have her babies.

Good luck mama Beep.

emilysgk
12-15-2006, 11:39 PM
I had a short visit with Beeb today (no pics, batteries dead!) Its reported that some of her behavior has changed! Only slightly, but she finally is going into the closet and under the bad. She wants to be on your lap but only stays a few minutes and jumps down like she is mad about something. She is trying VERY hard to get outside. We know this is where she truly wants to have them, at this point she isnt fast enough to escape and the door is watched carefully. We looked through the calender some more, and we cant see how she would be due any later than about this sunday. (Of course give or take a few days) As far as we know, there is know way she could have gotten out and pregnant after. (Originally we though around the weekend of Oct 8th maybe, now we say maybe the rest of that week into the next weekend) Just a waiting game... you know cats. Beeb also makes sure you dont see her go into the closet or under the bed. They are so sneeky (or they think at least) We dont think tonight since she has been eating today, but we will see how tomorrow looks. She is miserable at this point.

#1Wolflover
12-16-2006, 12:03 AM
I hope the delivery goes ok, but it probably will!!!!!!!!! I hope you have the cutest babies around! :p

CultureJunky
12-16-2006, 05:57 AM
My thoughts are with beeb at this time in her life and I hope it all goes well and mother and kittens are fine when it's all over.
Can't wait to see pics!!

trayi52
12-16-2006, 06:26 AM
I can't wait to see the little babies! Hope the delivery goes well. Please keep us updated and post pictures of the babies as soon as they get here. I just love kittens!!!!

Willie :)