PDA

View Full Version : Computer help please!!!

critter crazy
12-15-2006, 12:37 PM
My Hubby, the wonderful man that he is decided to clean out my computer!:rolleyes: Now nothing works like it used to! Especially the Internet! I have no idea what he did, but it just isnt working right. I cannot log onto any site that has my personal info on it!! You know like online stores and such, i can get on the site, but once i got to register/sign on, it come up " this page cannot be displayed" or something like that. I just tried to go to Lowes.com to look at a few things and i cant even put in my zip code it keeps telling me that i need to have cookies enabled or something! WTH!! I am so frustrated!!! could someone please help me?????:confused:

Pembroke_Corgi
12-15-2006, 01:20 PM
To enable cookies, go to "tools" on your browser, and select "internet options." You can change the settings for cookies on the privacy tab if you use internet explorer.

kittycats_delight
12-15-2006, 01:24 PM
ahhh haaaaa...hubby changed your security settings. It is easy to change back unless he passworded them.

1. On the top of your web page click on Tools
2. then click Internet Options
3. Then Click Privacy.
4. the adjust the slide bar to medium (that is what I use and it usually allows you to log into secure sites with cookie)
5. Click apply
6. Click ok

that should do it. If not let me know and I will see what else he may have changed.

critter crazy
12-15-2006, 01:29 PM
Ok I have fixed the cookie thing, and am able to log onto Lowes.com now. But I still cannot get onto stuff like my account on ebay, or my online bank account! very frustrating! Thanks for the help so far!

borzoimom
12-15-2006, 01:56 PM
Ebay- if you try to log in and it will say forgot password etc, enter your email address and they will send you a temp one..

critter crazy
12-15-2006, 02:09 PM
No thats not the problem, it keeps coming up page cannot be dispalyed. Same with my online bank account!! Actually any site that has any personal info of mine on it!!

borzoimom
12-15-2006, 02:23 PM
OHOH.. well hubby did it- let him fix it... lol.. ( I am such a wife...)

critter crazy
12-15-2006, 03:53 PM
OHOH.. well hubby did it- let him fix it... lol.. ( I am such a wife...)

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!! unfortunately hubby is computer stupid!!! thats hy i cant understand why he would even mess with it!!!:mad:

Catty1
12-15-2006, 07:02 PM
OK, HE pays for the repair person!!! LOL

However, if you call the company that provides your internet service, they can help you. Call Tech Support (even if it's not free, your hubby can foot the bill! :p ), tell them you need their expert help. Then tell them hubby "fixed" your computer, and they will get you back on track!

Plus, it will give the techs a smile at a stressful time of year.

Also - ask them how to password protect your stuff so hubby can NEVER do this again!! :D