PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Carolers iced at rink.

RICHARD
12-14-2006, 11:06 PM
The city of Riverside, CA sponsored an outdoor rink.

City officials contacted a high school choir to sing carols for a skating event that would be attended by Sasha Cohen, figure skater.

Before the event the choir director was told to play "80 percent Christmas carols" because people wanted them.

During the event the same person who hired the Rubidoux Madrigals asked them to stop singing a carol because "the girl out there is a Jew" -meaning Cohen.

Cohen;s mother spoke to the press saying that her daughter, "loves Christmas carols...."

Like why can't your daughter speak for herself? You'd think after being on the world stage she has a little experience in public speaking?

Or was the skating diva unable to handle the fact that she was skating to live
music?(it's not certain that she was even on the ice during the songs...)

Or could the skating hero be a littlle bit of a grinch?

Thank god she didn''t send anyone out with a pipe to hit the caroler's in the knee!

Those ice skating freaks are scary!

Catty1
12-14-2006, 11:31 PM
"...the person who hired..." the group - from a few years' experience on the road as a musician, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the "person" did this all on his own initiative. Firing off an extinguisher when there was no fire...

Just wanted to cover his butt and look good?

I don't think the skater had anything to do with it at all!

Twisterdog
12-15-2006, 01:24 AM
Ok, maybe it's past my bedtime and my brain is fuzzy ... but I don't understand this post.

During the event the same person who hired the Rubidoux Madrigals asked them to stop singing a carol because "the girl out there is a Jew" -meaning Cohen.

Who's Rubidoux Madrigals? So are you saying the same person who originally told them to play Christmas carols later told them to stop?

Cohen;s mother spoke to the press saying that her daughter, "loves Christmas carols...."

I'm confused as to why you seem so negative towards this ice skater. It doesn't sound to me like she had anything to do with the choice of music, either Christmas carols or not. Maybe the press asked her mother specifically? Maybe she was still skating, or busy talking to another reporter?

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't see anything about this story that makes Sasha Cohen a "freak", "scary", a "diva" or a "grinch".

Can you clarify, please, Richard. I'm lost.

ramanth
12-15-2006, 08:17 AM
I'm with Twisterdog, I don't see anywhere that Sasha asked them to stop singing. The person that hired them did.

gini
12-15-2006, 09:09 AM
From what I read online, Sasha Cohen didn't even know any of this was going on.

RICHARD
12-15-2006, 10:12 AM
i'm proposing a coverup. That's all.

Twisterdog
12-15-2006, 09:34 PM
i'm proposing a coverup. That's all.

Sorry ... still lost. :confused:

Cataholic
12-16-2006, 05:54 AM
You are not proposing anything, RICHARD. You simply made a poor choice in posting your OP, and are now going to attempt to 'humour' your way out of it.

:rolleyes:

lizbud
12-16-2006, 11:14 AM
Richard I think you mis-read something into the article that wasn't there.
It can happen. Just delete this & post on another subject. Everyone makes
mistakes. Remember the old adage, "if you find yourself in a hole, first thing
you do is to stop digging". Blame it on the late hour. :p

RICHARD
12-18-2006, 10:14 PM
You are not proposing anything, RICHARD. You simply made a poor choice in posting your OP, and are now going to attempt to 'humour' your way out of it.

:rolleyes:

No humor here.

I did read more into the story.

Again, it's the PC crap that drives me up the wall.

Liz,
I am willing to take my lumps like a man..

P.S.
I am not a fan of figure skating! Or as my brother says.....
They should put tacks on the ice to keep the skaters from falling down and ruining a performance, ;)

mugsy
12-19-2006, 08:17 AM
I'm confused...why is posting an opinion a poor choice and what was the poor choice? It seems to me that the person who told the choir to stop singing made the poor choice. Just my opinion....