PDA

View Full Version : ragdolls

ashleycat
12-14-2006, 09:00 PM
do they really go limp when picked up?

RedHedd
12-15-2006, 11:11 AM
That's what I've heard. We saw some at the cat show last month and they do appear to be floppy when picked up. They are GORGEOUS cats.

lvpets2002
12-15-2006, 12:01 PM
:) I have heard that too.. I know they have such Beauty..

kittycats_delight
12-15-2006, 01:31 PM
They actually do that yes. And they are one of the easiest cats for children to "maul to death" for this reason. They never struggle to get away and it is just an automatic thing for them to go limp just like a "ragdoll" hence the name.

Freedom
12-15-2006, 05:25 PM
I've heard they are wonderful pets, thhey just fit on your lap like a rug!

Catlady711
12-15-2006, 05:43 PM
I've always guessed that Pooky is half Ragdoll, and he's fairly 'floppy'. Spends alot of time sleeping on his back, and is a very 'laid back' kinda cat and never bothers the other cats.

We have very few purebred Ragdolls that come in where I work, but the ones that do I've spent time with the owners talking about their cat's purrrsonality, and from what they've said, it's very similar to Pooky's.

If I were ever to get a purebred cat (like that will ever actually happen with all these rescues around), I'd definately get a Ragdoll, they are my favorite breed!

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l17/Catlady711/pooky2_IMG.jpg

catmandu
12-15-2006, 06:07 PM
I too have heard that , that they totally relax in your arms.
That would be so nice, instead of the Found Cats, who dont like being held at all.
Moose the Magnificent would relax and do the Pigeon PUUURRRRRRRRR!!!
But I dont think Moose was a Rag Doll.
Just a Happy Cat!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/dde42a74.jpg
And a Shy Cat, sometimes.

heidiv
12-15-2006, 06:55 PM
Yes girls that is true Chloe is 1/2 Ragdoll and yes she does go limp..... I have almost dropped her several times. When she was a kitten she would just hang off things. The one bad thing is she is so laid back that if she is sleeping on her cat tree she always falls off :eek: :eek: She only really gets limp when she is comfortable so usually it is just myself and my husband that she will do that with. They are the NICEST cat breeds I have ever owned. She is always there when you need her and never bugs you unless that is what you want...... She is totally IN LOVE WITH MY HUSBAND If you are interested in getting one I STRONGLY suggest you get one they are really awesome!!!!! She is also 1/2 Siamese too!! I love her!

rosethecopycat
12-15-2006, 08:49 PM
I think I've got a part Ragdoll foster kitten.

Zaffiro has the looks of a lynx point Siamese, but he is fluffy.
He does go limp when you pick him up, and you can burp him, after meals, like a baby!
:p

ashleycat
12-15-2006, 10:27 PM
I want one specificaly for those reasons. LOL. My 2 yr old LOVES animals. She's got scars from the bunny from trying to pick her up. Scars from my cat who HATES being picked up. I want a cuddly loveable wanting attention laid back fluffy kitty. I need to get a kitten tho. Because my cat isn't too fond of adults. Unless it came while it was a kitten. She's fine around babies. Not many raggies in my area. Atleast by petfinder that is, for atleast eh age I'm looking for.

sorry for typeo, I'm getting forced kisses banging myf ace by my 2 yr old as I'm typing this lol.