PDA

View Full Version : Sorry need to vent again ***Update***

CatLuvrs
12-14-2006, 05:47 PM
I am moving in about 2 weeks and maybe less and I am freaking out. I have to come up with about $400 so I can get my bills paid to transfer them and then have my deposit. I haven't been approved for the unemployment yet and don't know if I will so I have NO money at all. It is kind of scaring me now. I don't know what I am going to do but I will figure something out. Sorry to keep complaining but it helps so much! Thanks for listening.

Michelle

moosmom
12-14-2006, 06:06 PM
Can you call the unemployment office and find out the status of your claim?? If you had severance pay, the unemployment won't start till after it runs out. Usually when you apply for unemployment, they set a hearing date. It's nothing more than a formality. Unless your former employer contests the claim, you should have no problem.

Call them and find out. At least it may give you a little peace of mind to know that the benefits will, in fact, be coming.

CatLuvrs
12-14-2006, 06:12 PM
Can you call the unemployment office and find out the status of your claim?? If you had severance pay, the unemployment won't start till after it runs out. Usually when you apply for unemployment, they set a hearing date. It's nothing more than a formality. Unless your former employer contests the claim, you should have no problem.

Call them and find out. At least it may give you a little peace of mind to know that the benefits will, in fact, be coming.

I called them yesterday and they said it takes 3-6weeks to find out an answer. I filed on November 21. I am sure I will be ok but I am just freaking out.

Catty1
12-14-2006, 06:27 PM
Can the unemployment people arrange an emergency advance payment? OR is there a social services agency who can?

HUGS

CatLuvrs
12-16-2006, 07:12 AM
I just checked the unemployment website and I got approved!!!!! OMG this is a lifesaver. I was about to lose my electricity and everything O I am thrilled! Thank you all for your well wishes!!!!!

borzoimom
12-16-2006, 07:41 AM
I just checked the unemployment website and I got approved!!!!! OMG this is a lifesaver. I was about to lose my electricity and everything O I am thrilled! Thank you all for your well wishes!!!!!
Oh that is wonderful!!! I have found things tend to work out, and always for the best... I am glad it all worked out!!!! ( now- breathe... lol.. )

Catty1
12-16-2006, 10:36 AM
GREAT news! And yes, BREATHE! :)

Here's the start of moving upwards...hope you can relax for a bit in January!