PDA

View Full Version : Grass cutting?!

davidpizzica
12-14-2006, 02:03 PM
You guys are not going to believe this but the boss actually wants us to cut grass on December the 15th! Since it's been so warm the grass on the golf course is beginning to grow. I've never cut grass this close to Christmas!!

chocolatepuppy
12-14-2006, 03:40 PM
Now David, don't be using bad words here on PT! :eek: "cut grass in December!" :eek: I hope ours doesn't end up needing mowed here before the weather turns cold. ;)

davidpizzica
12-14-2006, 03:52 PM
Now David, don't be using bad words here on PT! :eek: "cut grass in December!" :eek: I hope ours doesn't end up needing mowed here before the weather turns cold. ;)
OOPS! I didn't mean to use the dreaded C & G phrase! I hope this doesn"t mean I'll be shoveling snow for easter!!

lvpets2002
12-14-2006, 03:55 PM
:cool: Now David shsss on those bad words Cutting Grass.. I de-clare that I forbid to even think about it.. My yard will just wait till the spring.. We cant Help It If Mother Nature Is So Confused.. :D

borzoimom
12-14-2006, 04:13 PM
That cracks me up! We have had snow flurries every night, and our grass is already withdrawn.. lol..

Killearn Kitties
12-14-2006, 04:23 PM
Nightmare, David! This is happening more and more. Not only is my grass still growing, but I have bulbs and plants sprouting that should not be coming up until early spring.

My fear always is that severe frost will kill bud growth and we will have no flowers on some plants in the spring.

Karen
12-14-2006, 04:46 PM
Nightmare, David! This is happening more and more. Not only is my grass still growing, but I have bulbs and plants sprouting that should not be coming up until early spring.

My fear always is that severe frost will kill bud growth and we will have no flowers on some plants in the spring.

I have had bulbs sprout come up during warm stretches in January, and I always want to say "Go back! Go back!" but it never matters, they do eventually blossom anyway.

Global warming, anyone?

davidpizzica
12-14-2006, 04:54 PM

Karen, it's been 60 degrees plus for the past week in Pittsburgh. Believe it or not, we actually had golfers playing golf today! I think mother nature shorted out a transistor or something! Karen, I hope that severe frost will leave your bulbs and plants alone.

Craftlady
12-14-2006, 05:30 PM
After reading this post, I went out to check my lawn. :p
I mowed week before Thanksgiving.

It's in the 60's here in Kentucky, mild weather again for this week into first part of next week. Today, I was outside with a light jacket and one point didnt have one while I was cleaning the grill. Yes, we grill year round at our house. :)

moosmom
12-14-2006, 06:13 PM
David,

It's called job security, my man. And Karen is right, you have global warming to thank for the nice weather. :rolleyes:

joycenalex
12-14-2006, 07:28 PM
i'm planning on cutting the grass tomorrow, and i hope a final raking of leaves. it's just wrong to cut grass in a coat and gloves

davidpizzica
12-14-2006, 07:53 PM
David,

It's called job security, my man. And Karen is right, you have global warming to thank for the nice weather. :rolleyes:
Hey gorgeous, my job doesn't have to be THAT secure!! Good old Global warming does it again.

Logan
12-14-2006, 10:22 PM
Ha Ha!!! We mowed our grass this past weekend, too, David! LOL!!! :p