PDA

View Full Version : Somehting doesn't add up...

JuniorxMyxLove
12-13-2006, 04:17 PM
I just noticed this, and by no means do I not believe the Bible of anything, but listen... It always talks of Israel and Bethlehem, but Israel didn't become a country until the 1940-ish's! I'm thinking they might have rewritten the Bibleand changed the name to what it was at that point, thas the only reason I can think of. But why would someone change something so holy...

just wondering what you thought...

-M

Merry Christmas!

Lady's Human
12-13-2006, 04:25 PM
Israel was a country for centuries.

Vela
12-13-2006, 05:25 PM
um...I think you are mistaken=)

momoffuzzyfaces
12-13-2006, 05:57 PM
No, Israel was a country until, I think it was the year 70 A.D. when it was destroyed by Rome. It became a country again in 1948. The wailing wall is part of the original temple in Jerusalem.

Lady's Human
12-13-2006, 06:37 PM
From the exodus (egyptian empire timeframe) to the occupation by Rome, Israel was a nation. During the early part of the Roman occupation, they were essentially a protectorate of the Roman Empire, then when they tried to overthrow Roman Rule they were shattered.

There was still a Jewish majority in the area until the Muslim occupation.

JuniorxMyxLove
12-16-2006, 10:03 AM
No, Israel was a country until, I think it was the year 70 A.D. when it was destroyed by Rome. It became a country again in 1948. The wailing wall is part of the original temple in Jerusalem.

okay, thanks. I knew that it couldn't be like that! haha no one in the thing i was watching[where it said Israel became a country in 1948] ever said anything about Israel being a counrty before the current Israel. All it said was it was part of Palestine until 1948...you get the picture

okay, now I don't have to wonder what they did to the bible =]