PDA

View Full Version : RIP Peter Boyle

caseysmom
12-13-2006, 12:29 PM
This makes me so sad, I just loved this guy. He crackes me up nightly...Everybody loves Raymond is my alltime favorite show and a big part of the reason is this guy...

All I can say Peter is

"holy crap!" I am gonna miss you :(

borzoimom
12-13-2006, 12:37 PM
OMG- that is a shock! He was only 71 too! :(

Catsnclay
12-13-2006, 12:46 PM
Oh Dear!! What a shock! What did he die from??

Trivia: Did you know that Peter Boyle was the Best Man at Yoko & John Lennon's wedding?!!!

Sevaede
12-13-2006, 12:47 PM
I just saw the story a few minutes ago! :(

R.I.P. Peter Boyle. :( We never got to see enough of you!

cassiesmom
12-13-2006, 12:58 PM
Multiple myeloma
Did you know he belonged to a monastery before he took up acting?
My favorite Peter Boyle role isn't Raymond's father - it's the dancing monster in "Young Frankenstein".

CountryWolf07
12-13-2006, 01:06 PM
God bless him... may he R.I.P.. I loved him on Everybody Loves Raymond.

Husky_mom
12-13-2006, 01:37 PM
I was like who´s Peter Boyle?? then it hit me Raymonds father :rolleyes: ........I sure got a LOT of laughs from him, and I mean a LOT.........he´s attitude is kind of like my FIL....so............LMAO........LOL

R.I.P. Frank

Alysser
12-13-2006, 01:56 PM
It's just so shocking.. :(

RIP Frank.

Catty1
12-13-2006, 01:57 PM
no no....John Lennon was the best man at PETER'S wedding in 1977.

He had heart disease and multiple myeloma. That latter disease is cancer of the bone marrow, and is treatable and not curable.

I would think it had caused a lot of pain...I am glad he is at peace, even so young.

And though I loved him as Raymond's caustic father, he will always be the Young Frankenstein's monster to me! :)

RIP, Mr Boyle

(and yes, he was in a monastery for 3 years, and left).

Catty1
12-13-2006, 02:50 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/arts/tv/story/2006/12/13/boyle-obit.html?ref=rss

cyber-sibes
12-13-2006, 03:08 PM
RIP Peter Boyle.
I haven't watched Everybody loves Raymond, but he was hilarious in Young Frankenstein. He was such a sweet monster.

Laura's Babies
12-13-2006, 03:12 PM
RIP Pete, we will miss you!

My Peanuts
12-13-2006, 04:54 PM
Very sad, he seemed full of life. :(

Honestly, if he wasn't on Everybody Loves Raymond, I wouldn't have watched it. I thought he was by far the funniest one.

Dorothy39
12-13-2006, 06:19 PM
RIP Peter Boyle.
I haven't watched Everybody loves Raymond, but he was hilarious in Young Frankenstein. He was such a sweet monster.

If you're Blue and you don't know where to go to

Why don't you go where fashion sits!!(taps cane)

PUTTIN ON THE RITZ!!! :D

Different types who wear a day coat, pants with stripes and cutaway coat,
Perfect fit!

PUTTIN ON THE RITZ!!

Dressed up like a million dollar trouper,
Trying hard to look like Gary Cooper~

Super DOOPER!! :D

Come let's mix where Rockefellers walk with sticks or
"Umbrellas" in their mitts~

PUTTIN ON THE RITZ!!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGN2aa3oQRM

Peter, We loved you, you sweet monster you.

Pam
12-13-2006, 09:04 PM
I was shocked as well as I don't think anyone but the family and close friends knew, so his illness was not publicized. Larry King's guests tonight were Ray Romano, Brad Garrett (Robert) and Doris Roberts (Marie). It was a wonderful program with them sharing stories and film clips. Everybody Loves Raymond was one of my all time favorite shows. I think the casting was perfect. You really thought, at least for that half hour, that these people were family. RIP Peter.

Caseysmom, your comment is exactly what Doris Roberts said at the end of the show...

"holy crap!" I am gonna miss you.

So will we all. :(

caseysmom
12-13-2006, 09:17 PM
I wish I would have seen that Larry King program.. :(

I have 3 of the boxed sets for season 3, 4 and 7. They talked about how in 1999 Peter Had a heart attack and was back on the set in a week.

I watch these dvd's ALL the time, I think I am a bit obsessed with the show.

trayi52
12-13-2006, 09:20 PM
Oh! How awful! I will miss him too. I love watching him on "Everybody loves Raymond". I do remember him on the movie "Young Frankenstein".

Rest in peace, Peter.

Willie

Pam
12-13-2006, 09:25 PM
I watch these dvd's ALL the time, I think I am a bit obsessed with the show.

I am not a big TV watcher but when I discovered *Raymond* I never missed it. The writing was superb and the acting was just magical. I guess you could say that I am obsessed too.

This year at work we are having our usual polyanna exchange. When I was at Walmart recently I saw the various season's DVDs. I wrote on my polyanna suggestions that I would like Season 1. Somehow I didn't catch this program right off. I caught it one night by simply flipping through the remote and was immediately hooked. I have probably caught several of Season 1 on re-runs but now, more than ever, I would love to own them all.

I hope you get to see the Larry King program at a future airing. I think his shows are repeated - maybe on the weekends or late at night?

Cookiebaker
12-13-2006, 09:30 PM
I was shocked to hear this news. I just lost my Mom-in-law to Multiple Myeloma and it breaks my heart to hear of others suffering the same way she did. :( Rest in Peace, Peter, you will be missed!

So far, we have the first 3 complete seasons of Raymond, and I love them all!!!

jazzcat
12-13-2006, 10:30 PM
I was so sad to hear that today. I had two emails from family members telling me. We all loved him.

Rest in Peace!

Reachoutrescue
12-13-2006, 11:19 PM
RIP Peter.

K9karen
12-14-2006, 01:13 AM
:( :( Safe Journey, Mr. B. You certainly broke the mold. Thanks for the laughs. Have fun with J.L.

caseysmom
12-14-2006, 09:18 AM
Pam...thanks so much for the heads up on Larry King...by chance I tuned it at 9 pm our time and that was the show with the Barones.

I am so glad I got to hear about what he was really like, makes me like him even more.

And I have a bit of a crush on Brad Garrett and he looked so handsome :o