PDA

View Full Version : Poor little dude

catnapper
12-13-2006, 11:15 AM
Cameron's been having a rough time with a cold this week, so when we went to the doctor yesterday she noticed that he's using his auxillary muscles to breathe, and considering the father's family history for asthma, they aren't taking chances. They sent him home with a breathing machine, which he needs treatments every 4 hours for a whole day. Then 4 times a day until he breathes freely.

Poor little dude just sits there looking so helpless with his mask on.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/Cameron/breathing1.jpg

We don't see a difference at all with his breathing but I am very tempted to try it out on myself -- grandma is one miserable snotty congested mess herself.

But the good news, look at how well he sits up all by himself. :)

molucass
12-13-2006, 11:19 AM
Poor boy! He looks pitiful.
He has beautiful eyes. :)

My best friends daughter is 7 months old, and she has a breathing machine. She doesn't like the mask though, so they use the pacifier attachment.

I hope he feels better soon.

Christiansmommy
12-13-2006, 11:20 AM
Poor guy...been there with Jeremy!

We were at the ER Thanksgiving morning with Jeremy for a bad chest cold...we did the nebulizer treatments too...just like you every 4 hours. He had bronchiolitis. The ER ended up giving him a dose of steriods, and that helped more than the neb treatments.

Hope he is feeling better soon.

Jeremy had some wheezing, and Rob has very mild asthma.

kimlovescats
12-13-2006, 12:22 PM
Bless his heart, Kim! :( He looks like he is being a good boy about it though!! Give him some get well kisses for me!!!

Kim

moosmom
12-13-2006, 08:06 PM
That face!! Look at that precious little face!! I cannot get over how big he's gotten! I hope he gets better soon.

Laura's Babies
12-13-2006, 08:20 PM
He looks like he is handeling that on his face better than I would! Hope he gets to feeling better real soon!

jazzcat
12-13-2006, 10:31 PM
Even with the mask he is a doll!!! I sure hope he feels better soon.

krazyaboutkatz
12-13-2006, 11:14 PM
Poor Cammie.:( I hope he gets better soon. He sure looks cute though.:)

K9karen
12-14-2006, 01:26 AM
Aw..the sweet little pumpkin is taking it like a trooper! Look at that face! I can't believe he's 6 months already..is that right??? I hate to say this, but when I was homecaring my mom, she too, had to use a nebulizer 4x a day and she sure didn't always take it as well as Cam does!

jenluckenbach
12-14-2006, 03:47 PM
Poor Camry. :( but you sure do look cute (and cooperative) ;)