PDA

View Full Version : Televisions

catnapper
12-13-2006, 08:57 AM
Silly little poll but I thought of it because I just found out what Ashley's boyfriend is getting her for Christmas: A TV. What on earth are we gonna do with ANOTHER TV? We already have 5 TVs, and 5 adults.... this would make a 6th TV in the house!

So how many TVs do you have? How many people are in the house to enjoy those TVs?

Laura's Babies
12-13-2006, 09:00 AM
1 TV, 1 human, 4 cats.. I have my Moma's little TV but have never connceted it up since I don't need it. I also have one in my room on the boat.

Cookiebaker
12-13-2006, 09:08 AM
We have 1 in the living room. But its not even a TV -- its only hooked up to a VCR/DVD.

critter crazy
12-13-2006, 09:17 AM
We have 4 TV's! One in the living room, one in my/hubby's room, one in the toy room(just for videos) and one in the family room. There are 4 people in our house. My mom calld me last night, saying she wanted to get the boys a TV for christmas!! NO!!! we have too many as it is thanks!!:D

pitc9
12-13-2006, 09:27 AM
One little one in the kitchen, one in the living room and one down in the basement.
2 Adults & 2 dogs in the house, when they are home alone I leave the TV on for them. :D

sirrahved
12-13-2006, 09:36 AM
We have two: one in the family room, and one in our bedroom. There are two of us in the house. Only the family room has satellite.

borzoimom
12-13-2006, 10:20 AM
We have 4- one in the living room, one at the common area of the great room at the kitchen ( the one we watch), and one in each of two guest rooms we have. There is one more tv, but its not hooked up anymore, but it use to be in the lower family room before the construction started. With just two people in this house, and we spend most of our time in the great room, that many tvs is really rather stupid. But when the kids come to visit, they have a tv in their rooms as we go to bed early compared to them. We never use the big one- or the borzois try to get the running animals in the living room.. lol. And as posted before- even the little one at the kitchen gets ambushed by Hottie or Zubin once in a while.

Donnaj4962
12-13-2006, 10:20 AM
I have 2.... one in the living room and one in my bedroom. Uh, and I am the only human in my house! :rolleyes:

And I am sorry to say that I have been on the lookout for a small one for my kitchen. I am in there a lot, cooking and baking and I would love one for the counter. I cannot see the living room TV from the kitchen.

My sweetie has 5!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :eek: One in the family room, one in the bedroom, one in the guest room, one in the kitchen, and would you believe it????.... one in the bathroom! HUGE football freak! He says he doesn't want to miss anyhting when he has to use the bathroom! :eek: WHATEVER!!!!!!!

Zippy
12-13-2006, 10:32 AM
2(one living room and one my room)
4-5 in NM with my mom and dad(one living room,one for my parents,bro and my room,and we have exatra small one so my brother can play his video game and watch T.v.)

k9krazee
12-13-2006, 10:37 AM
We have 9...with 6 people.

One in the garage, 2 living rooms, one in each of the bedrooms (5), plus the spare bedroom. Oh, and a little one in the kichen but I don't really count that.

borzoimom
12-13-2006, 10:47 AM
Donnaj- we got our little flat screen at walmart last year, and it wasnt much money at all. Its a Poloroid and the sound the picture are great.. ( it also provides borzois with entertainment.. lol.. my favorite video..) http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=2q8n412

Flatcoatluver
12-13-2006, 12:04 PM
4- One in the family room, one in my room, one in my office, and the last one is in my parents room. We also have two black and white t.vs, but we don't watch them. :)

Anita Cholaine
12-13-2006, 12:07 PM
We have 3: one in the living room, one in my parent's bedroom and one in my bedroom, and we are 4 in my family.

mruffruff
12-13-2006, 12:13 PM
6 TVs, 1 human.
Living room, den, bedroom, cat's room, kitchen and workroom outside.

None are connected to cable........so what do I need all these TVs for? :confused: Especially since sports are the only shows on when I'm not at work! (And I am so NOT into sports!)

Cataholic
12-13-2006, 12:41 PM
WOW! Some of you are TV-aholics! LOL.

I have two- one in the living room, and one in the basement so I can watch something if I am working out. It ain't gettin much you, I can tell you that. :o

Miss Z
12-13-2006, 12:54 PM
I must just start off by saying it seems forever since I last posted on PT (about a week ago really, but exams drag on for a loooong time ;) )!

There's 4 in my house: one in my room, one in my brother's room, one in the kitchen and the big un' in the living room, and there's 4 people. Only the big un' has Sky, but we don't really need it on the other ones. I think though that we'll be getting another one soon in my mum and dad's room.

ramanth
12-13-2006, 02:13 PM
Just two since Andy and I both owned TV's and neither of us wanted to sell ours. :rolleyes: :p

So Andy's went into the bedroom and mine is in the family room. We rarely if ever watch the TV in the bedroom. But since it has a VCR hooked up to it, we use it frequently to tape shows. :)

Just 2 adults in the home. The critters don't have much say in what's on. ;)

cali
12-13-2006, 02:43 PM
2 TVs and 2 people to watch em, I have one in my room and there is one in the living room, whenmy brother lived with us we had 3 TVs, 1 per person :p

Uabassoon
12-13-2006, 02:59 PM
Two people and 3 tvs in this house! One in each bedroom and one in the livingroom. They all get PLENTY of use!

Felicia's Mom
12-13-2006, 03:16 PM
I have one tv in my room. It is owned by the care center, not by me.

Craftlady
12-13-2006, 05:34 PM
1 upstairs in my craft room area.

1 in livingroom.

1 in bedroom

1 in kitchen (tiny one fits on the table)

4 in all for our house

Twisterdog
12-13-2006, 05:40 PM
We have three, one in the living room and one in each of the kids' bedrooms. I REFUSE to allow a TV in my bedroom. If it were just me living alone, I would NOT have a TV at all. I absolutely hate television, and never watch it. Of course, it were just me, I wouldn't have a phone, either.

Almita
12-13-2006, 05:41 PM
I have 4 televisions. One in the kitchen, living room, my room, and my parents room.

dogzr#1
12-13-2006, 05:52 PM
We have 3 TV's. One in my parents' room, one in my room and one in my brothers' room. All get plenty of use!

Tollers-n-Dobes
12-13-2006, 06:02 PM
We have two. I don't see a need for any more than that, really. The main one (in the living room), and then a second smaller one in my mom's room. The second is used mostly by my brother as he watches a lot of sports and the rest of the family isn't interested in that.

Alysser
12-13-2006, 06:03 PM
WOW! I have alot compared to you all! :p

We have six-
1 in my bedroom, 1 in my sister's room, 1 in the den, 1 in the living room, 1 in the family room, and 1 in my parent's room. There are 4 people in my house. All of them BUT mine get's used PLENTY! I don't watch TV much anymore. Mine hasn't been on for atleast two weeks. The one in the family room is used to most.

Danegirl2208
12-13-2006, 06:10 PM
We have 4 in our house..only 2 people lol :)

Donnaj- we got our little flat screen at walmart last year, and it wasnt much money at all. Its a Poloroid and the sound the picture are great.. ( it also provides borzois with entertainment.. lol.. my favorite video..) http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=2q8n412

LOL, that was great! :D

.sarah
12-13-2006, 06:19 PM
We have seven tvs and four people living here. There's one in the living room, one in my mom's office, one in the kitchen, one in the garage, and one in each bedroom. The one in the garage, the living room, my bedroom, and my brother's room rarely get used. My mom and dad are tv-aholics and have to have a tv on in whatever room they are in, so usually the ones in their office, the kitchen, and their bedroom are used a lot. My brother and I don't watch that much tv. I tried to get rid of my tv but my mom wouldn't let me, though she did talk about putting it in her bathroom so yes, she could watch tv while she is in there. LOL. I can't imagine that when I move out that I'll even have cable much less multiple tvs.

jenluckenbach
12-13-2006, 06:51 PM
2 TVs.

chocolatepuppy
12-13-2006, 06:56 PM
We have two in the house, one in the living room and one in the bedroom. There's an old black and white in the garage that the sound only works part time. We don't watch tv much though.

Dorothy39
12-13-2006, 07:05 PM
We have "one" Television .

I might put one in our "basement" family room :rolleyes: ,
But, since the kids have left the nest, why bother~ :cool:

moosmom
12-13-2006, 07:15 PM
Kim,

I live in a one room studio apartment, so OBVIOUSLY I only have 1 television. I had another smaller tv but gave it to my friend for the office.

carole
12-13-2006, 07:38 PM
We have three TV's one for every member of the house,nothing flash though and nothing too big, a 14 inch in our bedroom, 14 inch in my daughter's and a 21 inch downstairs,might upgrade that to a 29inch flat screen one of these days, none of them are flat screens, but they do us just fine.

Sevaede
12-13-2006, 07:59 PM
One television. My husband watches two hours of television per week and I watch, maybe, an hour and a half. Otherwise, just gets used for video games and DVDs.

Chilli
12-13-2006, 08:16 PM
We have 6 in the house... and there is only 4 people in the family. We have one in the kitchen, living room, mum & dad's bedroom, basement, my old room, one in my sister's room.
Its a super rare occasion when I actually sit down to watch tv. No one in the house really watches tv once I think about it. I haven't a clue as to why we have so many tvs! :D

joycenalex
12-13-2006, 08:31 PM
2 humans, 4 cats, 2 dogs, 3 tvs. one in the living room, one in the basement, one in the second bedroom. i bought the living room one for christmas 2002. it was the first tv i'd bought in 20 years. there are 2 steros, one in the living room, one in the basement, 2 clock radios and a crd-radio in the kitchen. all of them are energy vampires i bet.

BitsyNaceyDog
12-13-2006, 09:08 PM
2 people, 3 TVs. The TV in the living room is the only one that is hooked up to the cable though. We have one in Justin's office for his video games and we have one in our bedroom that has a DVD player hooked up to it.

Pam
12-13-2006, 09:19 PM
Three humans and six TVs. One in the living room, one in the family room, small one in the kitchen for watching GMA and the evening news while we eat :rolleyes: , one in my bedroom and one in my son's bedroom. There is one in the basement that is not being used and should probably be thrown out because it hums. :rolleyes:

Daisy and Delilah
12-13-2006, 09:27 PM
3 in the house and one in the garage. A total of 4 :)

Cincy'sMom
12-13-2006, 09:50 PM
2 humans...4 TV's Although one is inCincinnati at my sister's...and yes I will have all 3 on Sunday, so I can see the TV when I go to the basement to get laudry, to the bedroom to fold, and to the living room between. Can't miss a play!!! (or a lap of the race!)

CathyBogart
12-14-2006, 01:14 PM
None, and I wouldn't want one.

Husky_mom
12-14-2006, 01:25 PM
we have one in the living room, one in the computer area, one in each bedroom (3), and a small one in the kitchen......totalling 6......with 5 people, but my sistes and I are married and moved out (sort of :p , she now lives in SC but I constantly go to my parents house......) so they are 3 people left there with all those TVīs

living room, and my parents and brothers bedroom get used the most, my bedroom gets used (when I go there ;)) and the kitchen my moms is the one that uses it.......when cooking........

In my house I only have one TV, it was in the bedroom but it took too much space we placed it in the living room........

popcornbird
12-14-2006, 01:44 PM
We have no TV's in the house, and all I can say is...THANK GOD for that!!!

My husband sometimes likes to watch something on his laptop (dvd) while we eat, or before bedtime. I like having quality time to enjoy together, and watching tv while we eat or sleep is not my cup of coffee. I try my best to prevent him from watching things on his laptop when we eat too. :cool: We humans live busy lives, and don't get much time to love and pamper each other. We wake up early in the morning, exercise in the gym downstairs (and get our tv share there). Then we go home, eat breakfast, and hubby leaves for work, while I take care of my own things. I'm away from my husband all day, until evening, when he returns from work at around 6. I LOVE having quality time together, with NO distractions. No TV, no computer, no phone, no nothing. Just my husband and I talking, focusing on each other. When he comes home at 6, we eat, pick up the dishes, wash the dishes, etc. Sometimes, he has some work left to do on the computer. We sleep at around 10...so, basically, after work, we have around 4 hours together before bedtime. Sometimes in those 4 hours, we go shopping, go to visit family, need to go out and do something. Good gosh...if we had a TV...I bet we wouldn't get half our quality time together. That would bother me. I already feel the computer limits our quality time, and though not always, sometimes I feel like throwing both computers out of the house. :o Yes, this is coming from the girl who was ADDICTED to the computer before marriage. Things change. :o

If I'd want to do something together as a family, I'd much rather read a book together, play games together, exercise together. I live happy without a TV, and though most of you would probably disagree with me, I believe quality family time with no distractions is much more beautiful than sitting together on the sofa, looking at the TV screen, instead of at each other. :o I don't want a TV to be my future childrens' third parent either. Its a good thing my husband doesn't want a TV in the house either.

GreyhoundGirl
12-14-2006, 01:53 PM
I have one really big one, one really old one with a dial that doesn't work, and one in my parents room. So 2 functional ones.

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-14-2006, 04:24 PM
OOPS, I voted wrong... :o
We have our main tv in our livingroom. The second one is upstairs in the "hobby room": is used by the kids for looking tv or playing on Playstation 2.
Then there is a 3rd tv in our bedroom, but we NEVER use it. It was installed there 2 years ago when my legs were partly paralysed, so I could watch tv from bed too. But then I got better, so that tv is there for when we get older... .

Crazy-Cat-Lover
12-14-2006, 04:49 PM
We have a 50" in the living room, a 32" in our bedroom and a 19" in our daughters room. I can't fall asleep without the TV on, otherwise we wouldn't need one in the bedroom. :)

cyber-sibes
12-14-2006, 07:30 PM
One. We had two,, my smaller one went in the bedroom, but my hubby took it with him to his cottage.

Husky15
12-14-2006, 07:35 PM
We have four. One for the living room [32"], my parents' room [27"], my sister's room [20"], and of course my room [13"].